✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Where is this 53 minute number coming from? I can't imagine this being a double album if it's a literal minute shorter than AROBTTH (and quite a bit shorter than X&Y) or 8 minutes faster than the average Coldplay LP. I'll eat my hat if it's really that short.

Wow,many years since my last post here,but I'm back!

For me,a true 'double album' is literally one that comes on 2 physical discs.Presumably the vinyl EL will be that,but 53 mins of music comfortably fits onto a single CD.The band's concept is obviously 2 different short song cycles fitting an overarching idea.The band have released 'songs' previously with actual titles that are little more than sketches or interludes.I'm assuming EL will be a mix of these and proper length songs.

• Like 5

Chris said this on an interview to iHeart Radio today: “The album is very sexy, it’s all about partying. It’s just like Vegas on a Thursday night, put on some Coldplay, put on your bikini, even if you’re a guy... You go out and get laddered up! - That’s what it’s about."

I confess I'm a little bit concerned now

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Chris said this on an interview to iHeart Radio today: “The album is very sexy, it’s all about partying. It’s just like Vegas on a Thursday night, put on some Coldplay, put on your bikini, even if you’re a guy... You go out and get laddered up! - That’s what it’s about."

I confess I'm a little bit concerned now

Hey so he was joking haha classic Chris joke! He followed up by saying: "the music we're making right now is very earthy, there's not really much glamour to it, it's very raw".

He was joking haha I saw the interview and he was most definitely fooling around with the Vegas stuff lol!

• Like 9

Do you guys know if we are getting another single? I really need more songs!!!!!!

I'm thinking 2 weeks before the album is out? We got two songs last week, I would think 2 more songs next week, then the album is out two weeks after that! Could be wrong though

• Like 2

Well, for me the short duration of the album is something quite disappointing.

We had been promised a double album, and it really is a single CD with 16 tracks in just 53 minutes. Basically an XY 2.

Apart from the fact that the songs could be better or worse (I don't know what to think because Orphans seems to me that it is to continue with the worst of AHFOD and MX) I think it is very short-lived and that certainly does not resemble what they themselves they had told.

This adds to the news that there will be no tour for this album, which means that even if the rest of the songs are in the Arabesque style, they will be stuck in a drawer, like much of their previous discography. Next year we will presumably have another album with commercial music that will continue with the AHFOD ... anyway.

• Like 2

Well guys... We'll have our answer very soon, i think it's useless to overthink.

X&Y is way too long IMO and my least favourite album from them so that's not a bad thing ... On the other side, Viva la Vida lasts 45 min with 10 songs but with 3 hidden tracks so we could say 13 songs for 45 min ... Anyway we'll see.

• Like 1

Well guys... We'll have our answer very soon, i think it's useless to overthink.

X&Y is way too long IMO and my least favourite album from them so that's not a bad thing ... On the other side, Viva la Vida lasts 45 min with 10 songs but with 3 hidden tracks so we could say 13 songs for 45 min ... Anyway we'll see.

I loved x&y. Always got that spacey vibe from it.

• Like 3

^well maybe its like a mix of choral effects and jazz instrumentation?

On Chris' "raw" and "earthy" comments --

Where do we see the Everyday Life Era fitting in sonically? Coldplay albums have never really fit one genre, especially the last few, but these comments make me wonder if a lot of the record is acoustic?

Will they draw inspiration from early U2? Jazz obviously will play a role, but what does earthy mean? That makes me think of granola jam bands haha

• Like 3

Hey so he was joking haha classic Chris joke! He followed up by saying: "the music we're making right now is very earthy, there's not really much glamour to it, it's very raw".

He was joking haha I saw the interview and he was most definitely fooling around with the Vegas stuff lol!

Chris is completely classic dad/uncle jokester. You cannot take him seriously about 80% of the time in interviews. It is his brand of humor. To say the exact opposite of whatever it is (see: this might be our last album every album).

• Like 2

^Whelp, would've loved to have a double album^ Red Hot Chili Peppers' Stadium Aracdium, Pink Floyd's The Wall are a couple excellent ones. I agree that 45 min albums are the most concise and tightly done, but it would've been nice to get a gratuitous 90-120 minutes of Coldplay content all at once. Not to mention you can listen to VLV+PM, GS+AHFOD+Kaleidoscope and get really nice 1-hour-plus experiences.

The vibe I get from Orphans and a little bit from Arabesque is early Arcade Fire - groovy and dancy (in the way that Birds is) but with a relatively acoustic drive, some jazz and world music / non-English-language influences and some political commentary. This is immediately what I thought of:

• Like 7

Indeed, it doesn't make any sense at all. I guess they're just playing with us, that's why they haven't released each track lenght yet. If it really has 53 minutes lenght then why not reveal it when they officialy opened the pre-order?

They did. It said so on the official Coldplay.com website.

^Whelp, would've loved to have a double album^ Red Hot Chili Peppers' Stadium Aracdium, Pink Floyd's The Wall are a couple excellent ones. I agree that 45 min albums are the most concise and tightly done, but it would've been nice to get a gratuitous 90-120 minutes of Coldplay content all at once. Not to mention you can listen to VLV+PM, GS+AHFOD+Kaleidoscope and get really nice 1-hour-plus experiences.

The vibe I get from Orphans and a little bit from Arabesque is early Arcade Fire - groovy and dancy (in the way that Birds is) but with a relatively acoustic drive, some jazz and world music / non-English-language influences and some political commentary. This is immediately what I thought of:

That's interesting that you say that cause Arabesque reminded me immediately of Arcade Fire's Reflektor (but is imho better than Reflektor).

I'm still waiting for Coldplay to release something like Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)...such a great song.

• Like 2

^ Haha I listend to Arabesque like 10 times in a row and felt like I needed to take a breather, so I listened to all of Arcade Fire's Reflektor. Really love that album's vibe even though it divided a lot of fans. Arabesque is way more Jazzy than Reflektor, which is going for a more dark-disco dance vibe. One of my favorite openings to a track ever is Reflektor with the saxaphones....

• Like 1

[ATTACH type=full" alt="9515]9515[/ATTACH]

Everyday Life will be the next single to release soon!

The fact that it has a length on now, and that it's being shown, probably tells us that this will be the next single this coming week. Makes sense, two singles last week, another single two weeks after (so next week) and then the album two weeks after that!

Unless it comes out tomorrow at which point I'm not complaining :eyes:

• Like 6