✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

y'all I am in absolute effing love

that is how you write a climax to a song, my guys. Orphans is everything that was good about AHFOD distilled down into one song. My God, can you imagine how it's going to sound live?? And ARABESQUE!! We all wanted a spiritual successor to Viva.... This is it!

GUY. CHRIS'S SINGING. OH MY GOD

I have never been so excited for an album after hearing just two songs.

someone please stop me i am going to burn these songs into my eardrums

• Like 7
  • Angry 2

Btw Will does some backing during the French stuff

Chris is also singing an octave lower than Will in the backing vocals in that same thing but he's turned down for the first time since maybe The Goldrush

Or maybe Don't Panic in Parachutes..?

Either way they're both covered by the French guy

• Like 6
  • Angry 1

Considering starting separate threads for the future unreleased tracks too to get insight on what people expect and cover every detail in the coming month.

What tracks excite you that kinda thing

Should I or no?

In the past, entire subforums were created for each individual song. I think someone suggested it before, but it was probably buried by the craziness today.

Love Arabesque!!!! I saw Lenny Kravitz with his horn section this year and I hope that Coldplay would tour with one too. Nothing like those horns live but this came close enough. *swoon*

Still need more listens of Orphans. I don't hate it, and there are catchy parts. But Arabesque shines more for me.

Hyped for the rest to come!

• Like 2

Holy s**t

They did it. They actually did it.

Apart from Midnight, these two tracks are the most inventive thing they've done since... I daresay 2008.

I'm not sure which track is better. Orphans is like Lovers In Japan meets Strawberry Swing and ETIAW. But with more of a world music kind of beat, and with a more infectious chorus than either of those two songs. The song is catchy and fun, yet... so meaningful. It doesn't manage to be too sappy. I wasn't sure what to think when I saw a few of the lyrics, but it makes so much sense in context. And having the kids sing that chorus works so well. I've listened several times now and I still have nothing bad to say. Maybe it should be a bit longer, but that's really all I would change. Listen to Guy... :heart_eyes:

Arabesque is what happens when Yes meets Cemeteries of London and we throw in extra Arabic music. That rhythm is so badass. Listen to that French verse. Listen to that saxophone, that guitar tone in the background of the solo, listen to Guy and Jonny, whose parts are honestly the foundation the song is built upon. Listen to the hints of shoegaze in the outro. It's all so daring, it reminds me of Viva yet at the same time it feels new. It feels like a bold new step into uncharted territory. And it somehow manages to be darker yet fun at the same time.

Gosh, I have nothing bad to say about these tracks. Listened a few more times just as I was typing this out and I still have no gripes. This pair of songs is something very special.

I went in as a complete cynical bastard - Coldplay have burnt me so much this past decade. But I have to agree with everything you said. Both of these songs are extremely special

• Like 7