✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Im just looking at comments on social media from casual fans and half of them are slagging off Arabesque.

I mean to each his own of course but how uncultured are you if you can’t appreciate that masterpiece of that song? Hahaha.

I hope the band realizes that experimentation isn't going to appeal to the casual fan who only knows Clocks, The Scientist, Viva la Vida, and Paradise. And I don't want them to shy away from daring tracks in the future if there's more than one of them on the album and the casual fans aren't too thrilled about it while the die-hard fans love it.

• Like 2

I hope the band realizes that experimentation isn't going to appeal to the casual fan who only knows Clocks, The Scientist, Viva la Vida, and Paradise. And I don't want them to shy away from daring tracks in the future if there's more than one of them on the album and the casual fans aren't too thrilled about it while the die-hard fans love it.

That’s why I really hope that Arabesque isn’t just a one off. I remember when a Midnight came out and casual fans slammed it saying that Coldplay was trying to copy Bon Iver. But GS was not like Midnight at all.

I know the ‘backlash’ to Midnight didn’t influence GS one bit but it’s deja vu all over again. And I can’t help but wonder if those negative reaction made them go and create AHFOD.

Cause let’s be honest here, we haven’t had a daring track since Midnight...

• Like 2

I went into this feeling excited yet anxious. What if I didn't like the new songs? But as soon as the first few seconds of Orphans played, I knew I loved it. Immediately loved the bass and then the chorus. It felt so different and refreshing from the recent sound of AHFOD but had the essence of Coldplay that I love. After the first Orphans I was elated and couldn't believe I was about to hear yet another one! And boy was I not ready for Arabesque!

Again, as soon as the first few notes, I was so BLOWN AWAY. I've been dying for Coldplay to have a more rock/strong sound from X&Y, VLV or like GPASUYF. Immediately I felt so happy that it sounded like it was headed in that direction. But with the saxophone and everything else, it was even more than what I could have ever expected! I didn't feel like the saxophone solo part was long at all. I was so immersed in the experience, I just didn't want it to end. Then that part in the 5min mark which is like the climax after the build-up of the saxophone, I almost couldn't take it. Freaking killed me, so incredible. I can't put into words how it makes me feel exactly but I felt the emotional impact of the song in a similar way to Politik's instrumental part. I didn't think that I could feel this way about new Coldplay songs, simply because AROBTTH is my favorite album, but this is up on that level for me now.

I never want to forget how I felt the first time hearing both of these songs. Now I'm so excited for the rest of this album, I feel like it's going to be epic if we have these songs setting the bar. I can't wait to hear this live in concert!! I just wish Coldplay would know how much I love these new songs. Thank you so much boys. I love you. One of the best decision of my life was to have purchased AROBTTH at 12 years old and became an official fan :heart:

• Like 7
  • Wow 5

That’s why I really hope that Arabesque isn’t just a one off. I remember when a Midnight came out and casual fans slammed it saying that Coldplay was trying to copy Bon Iver. But GS was not like Midnight at all.

I know the ‘backlash’ to Midnight didn’t influence GS one bit but it’s deja vu all over again. And I can’t help but wonder if those negative reaction made them go and create AHFOD.

Cause let’s be honest here, we haven’t had a daring track since Midnight...

I agree but, we all are forgetting the dating gem called A L I E N S

(even though this is also a leftover from Viva)

• Like 3

Loved the first two songs. They have proven time and time again of their versatility as musicians. Really looking forward to hearing the rest of this album which has started with such an interesting concept. They have really shown their intelligence over the years. Can't wait for the rest of the album

• Like 1

I was always wondering what had become of all those instrument sessions of Jonny, Will and Guy when Brian Emo kicked Chris out of the band. There were lots of snippets in the AHFOD film. Now we know. They led zu Arabesque. Perhaps there is more like that on the album.

• Like 4

I was always wondering what had become of all those instrument sessions of Jonny, Will and Guy when Brian Emo kicked Chris out of the band. There were lots of snippets in the AHFOD film. Now we know. They led zu Arabesque. Perhaps there is more like that on the album.

Ten years in the making...I think we're gonna get a lot of stuff that was too different or political to go on other post-Mylo albums.