✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Does anybody have any information about Chris Martin's appearance on Capital FM's Breakfast show w/ Roman Kemp? I've been tuned in since 8 AM UK time but there doesn't appear to be any sign of him making an appearance.

Also, I haven't been on the forums for a while (until recently with the new album hype) but if I remember correctly there used to be dedicated threads made for every interview appearance that the band members made -- any clue why that doesn't seem to be the case anymore?

• Like 3

...there used to be dedicated threads made for every interview appearance that the band members made -- any clue why that doesn't seem to be the case anymore?

It's such an interesting time for interviews right now. But there are many false rumours about interviews but I am sure we are missing some of the real ones.

I came across Guy's interview by chance. If we hadn't seen it, we would still hope they would tour the new album. Now we know for sure they won't and we won't be waiting for a tour in vain. There was an interview/a chat with Will which I missed, but I watched Chris's interview with Annie Mac. It would be cool if anyone who discovered a new interview would post it here, whether in this thread or an extra one doesn't matter too much.

• Like 3

Dang, I didn't think it was gonna be too big though. Hopefully they come to Houston, I wanted to see them on the AHFOD tour but the hurricane hit and they had to cancel and never rescheduled :/

At least they rewarded making Houston #1 in tribute to the city.

• Like 2

Little late but because everyone keeps mentioning his name I decided to check out Jacob Collier, and wow, his stuff is amazing! It's barbershop quartet meets jazz if if you filtered it through Laurie Anderson, yet completely accessible and palatable to the average listener. Insanely well-recorded too. Can't wait to see what he brings to the table.

• Like 5

Does anybody have any information about Chris Martin's appearance on Capital FM's Breakfast show w/ Roman Kemp? I've been tuned in since 8 AM UK time but there doesn't appear to be any sign of him making an appearance.

Also, I haven't been on the forums for a while (until recently with the new album hype) but if I remember correctly there used to be dedicated threads made for every interview appearance that the band members made -- any clue why that doesn't seem to be the case anymore?

Yeah it was postponed to Friday morning apparently.

And just generally - I'm way way way behind with reading and commenting all the forum activity. So many Coldplay news these days, so much work and so little time for me.

• Like 7

Have you guys read the Atlantic Records interview ? It’s says the following :

»Everyday Life” is being billed as a double album divided into two halves, Sunrise and Sunset, and clocks in at 53 minutes.

does that mean that the whole two albums till be 53 minutes long total ?! For 16 songs ??

• Like 1

Have you guys read the Atlantic Records interview ? It’s says the following :

»Everyday Life” is being billed as a double album divided into two halves, Sunrise and Sunset, and clocks in at 53 minutes.

does that mean that the whole two albums till be 53 minutes long total ?! For 16 songs ??

Yes.

Where is this 53 minute number coming from? I can't imagine this being a double album if it's a literal minute shorter than AROBTTH (and quite a bit shorter than X&Y) or 8 minutes faster than the average Coldplay LP. I'll eat my hat if it's really that short.

Can’t wait to see your hat-eating video soon! :joy:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Where is this 53 minute number coming from? I can't imagine this being a double album if it's a literal minute shorter than AROBTTH (and quite a bit shorter than X&Y) or 8 minutes faster than the average Coldplay LP. I'll eat my hat if it's really that short.

Indeed, it doesn't make any sense at all. I guess they're just playing with us, that's why they haven't released each track lenght yet. If it really has 53 minutes lenght then why not reveal it when they officialy opened the pre-order?

• Like 1

this has been discussed multiple times but let's do this again

album is 53m

A and O take up 9m

44m remain

add 2 interludes about 1m each

42m remain for 12 songs

assume one song Is long like 5+m

That leaves the other songs being 2 to 3.5m long

• Like 2

Short songs are kind of in right now. Makes them more streamable (profitable). But really I think a lot of artists, especially in hip-hop, are feeling more comfortable distilling a song down to it's essence and serving it up without traditional Opening - verse - bridge - chorus - verse - bridge chorus - verse/extended bridge - chorus - outro. Kind of gets predictable after a while.

Agree what's most important is what your putting in that time. Did AOAL need the extra verse? I'd argue no because it had nothing to offer.

• Like 3

Short songs are kind of in right now. Makes them more streamable (profitable). But really I think a lot of artists, especially in hip-hop, are feeling more comfortable distilling a song down to it's essence and serving it up without traditional Opening - verse - bridge - chorus - verse - bridge chorus - verse/extended bridge - chorus - outro. Kind of gets predictable after a while.

Agree what's most important is what your putting in that time. Did AOAL need the extra verse? I'd argue no because it had nothing to offer.

I'd like to see what they do in a shorter format I guess?? My only critique with some of Coldplay's discography is that the songs have a tendency to run long at times, it works a lot but gets tedious after a while (I second that statement about AOAL). Still, 53 minutes is quite a small window for 16 tracks, esp for Coldplay's standards.

• Like 2

I'd like to see what they do in a shorter format I guess?? My only critique with some of Coldplay's discography is that the songs have a tendency to run long at times, it works a lot but gets tedious after a while (I second that statement about AOAL). Still, 53 minutes is quite a small window for 16 tracks, esp for Coldplay's standards.

Seeing how that most of the songs might be interludes/voice memos I guess we shouldn’t be surprised?

My surprise is that we aren’t getting an actual double CD but getting much like X&Y instead.

• Like 1

Okay y'all were right. On Coldplay.com it says "Good evening. We are very excited to report that Coldplay’s eighth album, Everyday Life, will be released on Friday, November 22 on CD, vinyl, cassette and digital formats. The 53-minute double album is divided into two halves, Sunrise and Sunset. The album’s cover image is based around a 1919 photo of Jonny’s great-grandfather’s band."

• Like 4

Just had a thought about "Flags", from the Japanese extended release.

Chris said in the interview with Annie Mac that Orphans came in reeeeally late in the process, like the last day or two of studio time.

Seems likely that Flags was one of the original tracks that made it to the double album, and Orphans came in late and shafted it.

Kinda like Up In Flames from MX.

• Like 3