✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Guess I'm most curious about "sunrise" and "eko". I've heard "Orphans" and "Arabesque" none stop today. They truly are magical, Orphans actually gives me chills, and I can't ask for anything more, it's such a bittersweet/melancholic song. The production is so cool/clever/refreshing to me too, from the "boom boom ka" to the percussion, to the chant on the chorus... So so so uplifting.

And Arabesque is such a different beast from everything they have done in the past, these 2 songs represent everything I wanted Coldplay to do after Viva. If the album is along the same vein, it will be on top contesting Viva probably.

Can't wait to hear them live.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

I recall reading from someone here (I can't remember who) that the video shoot in Malibu was supposedly for a "terrible" song according to someone who witnessed it... so I was a little worried about what was to come. But assuming the song was Orphans, I'm hyped for that music video. I'm hyped for everything this era has to offer.

[MEDIA=twitter]1187513053421563904[/MEDIA]

View: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/1187513053421563904

The world turned... not quite upside down, but on its side? :p

• Like 6

Arabesque is from the "Sunrise" half of the album, so I'm guessing that half isn't gonna be as upbeat as I expected. I figured that would be the lighthearted half and "Sunset" would be the darker half. Doesn't look like that's gonna be the case! Arabesque is dark, even a little bit angry, while Orphans (from the "Sunset" half) is honestly both lighthearted and dark, with that fun, pop exterior hiding some really sad themes undernearth.

I'm curious to see what it really is that sets each half of the album apart from the other.

• Like 6

I’ve been so excited for this release I couldn’t sleep last night!

After hearing these, I definitely think as most of you do that Arabesque is the clear winner. Orphans is pretty good but will need to take more time to appreciate and grow on me, and to be honest I feel like it’s missing something. Nice that Chris Martins kids are on it tho.

I instantly fell in love with Arabesque, this song sounds like a New Zealand electronic band ‘Fat Freddy’s Drop’ who use a lot of brass and have reggae-electro beats. Check them out and you’ll see!

I’m stoked too cause Coldplay also put an advert for their album in the NZ dominion post with the tracklist so that’s cool we haven’t been forgotten this time :joy:

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Listening to Radiohead's National Anthem and then Arabesque, I can totally see the comparisons. I already like this era more than AHFOD :joy:

I'm not saying Everyday Life is going to compete with Kid A. What Radiohead did with Kid A was on another level. But Arabesque signals a similar abrupt change in direction, honestly even more drastic than Viva. Here's to hoping there's more than one track in this era that's as inventive as Arabesque.

• Like 3

I’ve been so excited for this release I couldn’t sleep last night!

After hearing these, I definitely think as most of you do that Arabesque is the clear winner. Orphans is pretty good but will need to take more time to appreciate and grow on me, and to be honest I feel like it’s missing something. Nice that Chris Martins kids are on it tho.

I instantly fell in love with Arabesque, this song sounds like a New Zealand electronic band ‘Fat Freddy’s Drop’ who use a lot of brass and have reggae-electro beats. Check them out and you’ll see!

I’m stoked too cause Coldplay also put an advert for their album in the NZ dominion post with the tracklist so that’s cool we haven’t been forgotten this time :joy:

But Orphans lyric video is getting more views than Arabesque, so Orphans wins in that department and t's getting a music video unlike Arabesque. XD

II’m stoked too cause Coldplay also put an advert for their album in the NZ dominion post with the tracklist so that’s cool we haven’t been forgotten this time :joy:

Did they?! Oh man that’s cool. Thought for sure we’ll be forgotten. Haha.

• Like 4

But Orphans lyric video is getting more views than Arabesque, so Orphans wins in that department and t's getting a music video unlike Arabesque. XD

I wouldn’t be surprise as Orphans is really more radio friendly and closer to AHFOD sound.

I feel like causal Coldplay fans might not get Arabesque? ‍*shrugs*

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Btw, how does one pronounce Arabesque? I keep saying Albuquerque in my head. :no_mouth:

LOL It's pronounced "air-uh-besk". It's a position in ballet where both legs are straight, with one foot on the floor and the other foot/leg extended back and up in the air. Not sure if that has anything to do with the song tho....

• Like 4

I wouldn’t be surprise as Orphans is really more radio friendly and closer to AHFOD sound.

I feel like causal Coldplay fans might not get Arabesque? ‍*shrugs*

But Arabesque is a beauty!!!! It deserves so much more!!! :tired_face: Not that I don’t like Orphans, I do...but, there is something about Arabesque...!!!

• Like 3

But Arabesque is a beauty!!!! It deserves so much more!!! :tired_face: Not that I don’t like Orphans, I do...but, there is something about Arabesque...!!!

Im just looking at comments on social media from casual fans and half of them are slagging off Arabesque.

I mean to each his own of course but how uncultured are you if you can’t appreciate that masterpiece of that song? Hahaha.

• Like 5

Ok, so both songs are great. I follow Coldplay closely since the release of Christmas Lights and I have never seen a consensus this wide for new material. But I would like to point at something. For all LPs since Viva, they released first the song that they perceived as the 'structure' of the album. The first song they wrote for VLVODAAHF is Violet Hill, for MX Paradise, for GS Magic and for AHFOD Adventure of a Lifetime. Then, they release the major hit, the one that will be played on the radio, enter on the chart and feature in the Instagram stories worldwide. Of course, I am thinking of Viva la Vida, Every Teardrop is a Waterfall, A Sky Full of Stars and Hymn for the Weekend. This time is different. Not only they published two songs, but one was first written more than 10 years ago and another one was the last one to make it on the final setlist. Maybe we don't know yet how the album is going to sound in its complete form. (Sorry for my English, I hope you can understand as well!)

• Like 9
  • Angry 1

Ok, so both songs are great. I follow Coldplay closely since the release of Christmas Lights and I have never seen a consensus this wide for new material. But I would like to point at something. For all LPs since Viva, they released first the song that they perceived as the 'structure' of the album. The first song they wrote for VLVODAAHF is Violet Hill, for MX Paradise, for GS Magic and for AHFOD Adventure of a Lifetime. Then, they release the major hit, the one that will be played on the radio, enter on the chart and feature in the Instagram stories worldwide. Of course, I am thinking of Viva la Vida, Every Teardrop is a Waterfall, A Sky Full of Stars and Hymn for the Weekend. This time is different. Not only they published two songs, but one was first written more than 10 years ago and another one was the last one to make it on the final setlist. Maybe we don't know yet how the album is going to sound in its complete form. (Sorry for my English, I hope you can understand as well!)

Paradise is the big hit single, not Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall.

• Like 3