🎉 WATCH COLDPLAY LIVE AT iHEART RADIO FESTIVAL 2020 🎉
stephen

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

Maybe they just keep teasing posters and little things on social media until Nov. 22 and drop the whole album all at once. No single.

Have they done that before?

I hate to be "that" guy but if my calculations are correct, Coldplay's image is...wrong. Because from our perspective, the Sun is passing in front of the Moon. There is no universe where this happens. The Moon eclipses the Sun and thus is closer to Earth. I'm surprised by this, especially because of how smart the guys are.

I see what you mean but as I view it, there is no closer or farther away in the symbols. There is just top and bottom.

Also the symbols might not try to recreate a solar eclipse, but stand for something sun/moon-named in the album(s)

• Like 1

I voted for that because the poll is really really old, we had no clues at all back then.

Ofcourse!

You could have change it anytime and I knew something was going to happen earlier than March/April 2020, I've said it multiple times. I really believed that they wouldn't wait for so long to do something. I was not just hoping they would be up to something earlier, but I kind of knew it.

By the way, I was one of the first 6 or 9 people who voted "earlier than 2020" a long time ago before all of this, so I'm happy I was and am still right :)

• Like 4

Looks like Guy's actually going to talk about Coldplay a little in an upcoming car interview. Interesting that he didn't advertise it as that but MrJWW did. I thought I saw something about it coming out on the 28th or 26th or something but now I can't find the source? Anyway, he has to say something about what's happening...

• Like 2

Personally I think out of the 12 new videos only 2 will be music videos (for the first 2 singles) (due out before the album drops). The others might be teasers, remixes, acoustic / alternative versions of the singles maybe?

When I look at the things they've shown us so far, like the logos and posters, I definitely expect more music videos.

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm slowly losing hope as well for this week.

Although an unconventionally timed song or teaser release tomorrow...would be very cool !

It would fit with them saying that they will be full of suprises... or maybe I am just grasping at straws out of desperation :P

• Like 3

That OG image was already there from the start, but it was never used.

Oh OK. I thought that was the original image they used. RIP my discovery :D

Oh OK. I thought that was the original image they used. RIP my discovery :D

My theory is that the OG image was made by the artist to use as reference for the site. And in some way they included it in the website, can't figure out why though... Could be wrong

I am not used to this site being so active! It's so weird because I come on this thread every few hours and every time I have at least 5 new pages of posts to read.

And then I get excited and hope that maybe this means that the band released something... but no, still waiting :P

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

My theory is that the OG image was made by the artist to use as reference for the site. And in some way they included it in the website, can't figure out why though... Could be wrong

The OG image is used when someone shares it to Facebook, so it’s plausible there are two separate versions

@LelieJens Do you think OG is for "original graph" or something ?

Btw, our current level of sleuthing/obsession is way way way too high :D

Poster found in Argentina... By director of Warner Argentina : unamused:

So:

- Poster in London was found by head TV of Parlophone

- Poster in Argentina was found by Warner director

- Poster in Netherlands museum was found by owner of an Coldplay fan page and he receive the same poster at office.

for further:

- Coldplay poster in Paris was put Illegally

- Poster in Sao Paulo was put too early

- Code was forgotten in website

What's wrong with this campaign?

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

So:

- Poster in Netherlands museum was found by owner of an Coldplay fan page and he receive the same poster at office.

for further:

Coldplay releases are often a mess though. I better not remind you all of the Kaleidoscope EP mess - iirc first release date June 2, is sneakily changed on all social media to June 30 without any statement, June 30 passes, no release no statement, July 14 as new release date, but physical copies delayed to August 4, finally on August 4 the physical release happens - aaaand there is an awkward typo in the booklet.

• Like 3

The OG image is used when someone shares it to Facebook, so it’s plausible there are two separate versions

You got it!

To be specific; the fan who discovered to "poster" in a museum in Amsterdam is not the same person that received the "poster" as a gift!

• Like 3

But is shared by him no ? I know is on this forum ;)

The "poster" that was hanging in the Moco museum in Amsterdam was photographed by another Coldplay fan, I Read somewhere on Twitter that fan Gerben was the one who took the picture at the museum.

He got credited as well.

Today all of a sudden, my brother Jordan (JTR42) received the artwork, or if you want to call it a "poster", at his work. We didn't expect anything like this.

• Like 1

So:

for further:

the text in the website source code blows my mind the most. that seems like such a basic thing it made me believe they did it on purpose (after all, Anchorman tends to hide secret messages in image filenames so like, of course we were going to look at that)

• Like 2

The "poster" that was hanging in the Moco museum in Amsterdam was photographed by another Coldplay fan, I Read somewhere on Twitter that fan Gerben was the one who took the picture at the museum.

He got credited as well.

Today all of a sudden, my brother Jordan (JTR42) received the artwork, or if you want to call it a "poster", at his work. We didn't expect anything like this.

I mustn't forget, both of them are owners of ColdplayfansNL.

So I think they couldn't find any adress of the other fan so they decided to send it to an owner of the fan club whose (work) adress was actually possible to find and they ended up sending it to my brother at work (which is pretty extraordinary).

• Like 1

I mustn't forget, both of them are owners of ColdplayfansNL !

Ok, thank you for the explanations Gideon. But they have a small link indirectly. For others points (london, etc), I am always dubitative.

the text in the website source code blows my mind the most. that seems like such a basic thing it made me believe they did it on purpose (after all, Anchorman tends to hide secret messages in image filenames so like, of course we were going to look at that)

Same here, the comment was really explicit and was removed quickly. It was not strange like the messages on poster : they plan to put an 30 secondes audio clip but they do not know yet on which of the 3 titles. It's very marketing

• Like 3

I wonder if this will end up like the AHFOD teasing... that was fun but also agonizing :joy: I remember us folks here getting hyped up for official news or a single every Friday for a couple months straight before there was anything really substantial beyond photos from a video shoot and Amazing Day at the Global Citizen Festival.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1