✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Oh OK. I thought that was the original image they used. RIP my discovery :D

My theory is that the OG image was made by the artist to use as reference for the site. And in some way they included it in the website, can't figure out why though... Could be wrong

I am not used to this site being so active! It's so weird because I come on this thread every few hours and every time I have at least 5 new pages of posts to read.

And then I get excited and hope that maybe this means that the band released something... but no, still waiting :P

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

My theory is that the OG image was made by the artist to use as reference for the site. And in some way they included it in the website, can't figure out why though... Could be wrong

The OG image is used when someone shares it to Facebook, so it’s plausible there are two separate versions

Poster found in Argentina... By director of Warner Argentina : unamused:

So:

- Poster in London was found by head TV of Parlophone

- Poster in Argentina was found by Warner director

- Poster in Netherlands museum was found by owner of an Coldplay fan page and he receive the same poster at office.

for further:

- Coldplay poster in Paris was put Illegally

- Poster in Sao Paulo was put too early

- Code was forgotten in website

What's wrong with this campaign?

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

So:

- Poster in Netherlands museum was found by owner of an Coldplay fan page and he receive the same poster at office.

for further:

Coldplay releases are often a mess though. I better not remind you all of the Kaleidoscope EP mess - iirc first release date June 2, is sneakily changed on all social media to June 30 without any statement, June 30 passes, no release no statement, July 14 as new release date, but physical copies delayed to August 4, finally on August 4 the physical release happens - aaaand there is an awkward typo in the booklet.

• Like 3

But is shared by him no ? I know is on this forum ;)

The "poster" that was hanging in the Moco museum in Amsterdam was photographed by another Coldplay fan, I Read somewhere on Twitter that fan Gerben was the one who took the picture at the museum.

He got credited as well.

Today all of a sudden, my brother Jordan (JTR42) received the artwork, or if you want to call it a "poster", at his work. We didn't expect anything like this.

• Like 1

So:

for further:

the text in the website source code blows my mind the most. that seems like such a basic thing it made me believe they did it on purpose (after all, Anchorman tends to hide secret messages in image filenames so like, of course we were going to look at that)

• Like 2

The "poster" that was hanging in the Moco museum in Amsterdam was photographed by another Coldplay fan, I Read somewhere on Twitter that fan Gerben was the one who took the picture at the museum.

He got credited as well.

Today all of a sudden, my brother Jordan (JTR42) received the artwork, or if you want to call it a "poster", at his work. We didn't expect anything like this.

I mustn't forget, both of them are owners of ColdplayfansNL.

So I think they couldn't find any adress of the other fan so they decided to send it to an owner of the fan club whose (work) adress was actually possible to find and they ended up sending it to my brother at work (which is pretty extraordinary).

• Like 1

I mustn't forget, both of them are owners of ColdplayfansNL !

Ok, thank you for the explanations Gideon. But they have a small link indirectly. For others points (london, etc), I am always dubitative.

the text in the website source code blows my mind the most. that seems like such a basic thing it made me believe they did it on purpose (after all, Anchorman tends to hide secret messages in image filenames so like, of course we were going to look at that)

Same here, the comment was really explicit and was removed quickly. It was not strange like the messages on poster : they plan to put an 30 secondes audio clip but they do not know yet on which of the 3 titles. It's very marketing

• Like 3

I wonder if this will end up like the AHFOD teasing... that was fun but also agonizing :joy: I remember us folks here getting hyped up for official news or a single every Friday for a couple months straight before there was anything really substantial beyond photos from a video shoot and Amazing Day at the Global Citizen Festival.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Ok, thank you for the explanations Gideon. But they have a small link indirectly. For others points (london, etc), I am always dubitative.

Same here, the comment was really explicit and was removed quickly. It was not strange like the messages on poster : they plan to put an 30 secondes audio clip but they do not know yet on which of the 3 titles. It's very marketing

It said something about 30 second clips? Do tell.

• Like 1

For remember, the code say:

Trouble In Town (30s, acoustic, in-studio performance from Chris and Guy ) 360 ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE ON THE AMMAN CITADEL (1 NEW SONG, Orphans, Daddy or Everyday Life)

You can see "30s, acoustic, in-studio performance from Chris and Guy"

In this code i read "Trouble In Town album, a 360 acoustif performance on the Amman citadel. Clip of 30s of Orphans, Daddy or Everyday life). That's my opinion ;)

• Like 1

So you think Trouble in Town could be the album name ? That's intriguing, I've ever only heard it being referred to as another song.

I wonder if those titles are actual track titles or placeholder titles. Orphans and Daddy sound very political but also very blatant to me if they end up being real titles (war, conflict, refugees, children...)

• Like 1

Trouble In Town (30s, acoustic, in-studio performance from Chris and Guy ) 360 ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE ON THE AMMAN CITADEL (1 NEW SONG, Orphans, Daddy or Everyday Life)

In this code i read "Trouble In Town album, a 360 acoustif performance on the Amman citadel. Clip of 30s of Orphans, Daddy or Everyday life). That's my opinion ;)

Thanks for that :) Interesting titles. I never expected a Coldplay song titled "Daddy." What do I know?

Edit: I think it's possible I Ran Away is right that they're placeholders.

If these 3 are real song titles on the new record, Life Is Beautiful could/should be on it somewhere as well!

I really hope it is.

• Like 1

First of all - Hello everybody (as this is my first post). It's a pleasure to join you in such a hot-time :)

I thought like joining the discussion of the HTML comment deleted from the source code that you guys wrote about above. Actually there are plenty of ways to discuss it. First of all, would it be possible to make such a foolish mistake... Or, if it was a mistake at all? Whatever the reason is, there is one more interesting aspect of how we can read it.

The "siteInner" element is kind of contect of the website (the main content). Web devs will know what I mean. I have been doing some hobby websites in the past. That suggest they commented-out kind of placeholder for the actual content which is not meant to be yet there. Anyway, my point is - if this is a snippet, then we can treat it also in the following way:

Trouble In Town (30s, acoustic, in-studio performance from Chris and Guy )
360 ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE ON THE AMMAN CITADEL (1 NEW SONG, Orphans, Daddy or Everyday Life)

I would treat the first line and the second line separately as 2 different things. Trouble in Town would go for 30 seconds acoustic teaser or whatever else it is. So that would be a short audio, video etc. Second line is more interesting. The 360 could be treated as 360 degrees video (you are able to look around, like in the feature that YouTube or Facebook uses on pictures and videos). The "Orphans, Daddy or Everyday Life" would mean that they actually didn't know which song will be performed so devs said like "yeah, we will put here one of these things, whatever the band decides to scream out to the world of the Amman Citadel). So honestly I doubt there is actual album name hidden in this. However, the 360 line is definitely interesting and we might have hope for something special. Maybe not a live performance but possibly a new way of giving a birth to the new content :grinning:

• Like 16