🎉 WATCH COLDPLAY LIVE AT iHEART RADIO FESTIVAL 2020 🎉
stephen

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

I’m getting VLV vibes and I’m here for it!!!

I always think we should have another album like VLV as that era had so much potential - one album and an EP wasn’t enough. So I was kinda disappointed we jumped quickly into MX.

SO YEAH BABY. BRING IT ON!

• Like 4

This is definitely off the album but sounds amazing. Surely this is Davide Rossi!

• Like 5

I’m getting VLV vibes and I’m here for it!!!

I always think we should have another album like VLV as that era that so much potential - one album and an EP wasn’t enough. So I was kinda disappointed we jumped quickly into MX.

SO YEAH BABY. BRING IT ON!

Viva vibes all over the place, but also influence from something I cannot put my finger on just yet - 30s classical music?

Is there any possibility you were the specific person chosen because your name is *Jordan* ?

Wow that would be sick!

Viva vibes all over the place, but also influence from something I cannot put my finger on just yet - 30s classical music?

Would fit with the poster!

But yes there’s something there that distinguishes the sound from VLV. Which is great as we (especially the critics) won’t feel like the boys have gone backwards.

• Like 1

Pretty sure now single will drop by Friday the latest.

:D

• Like 1

Would fit with the poster!

But yes there’s something there that distinguishes the sound from VLV. Which is great as we (especially the critics) won’t feel like the boys have gone backwards.

It's very fresh, I also believe this snippet must be the end of this song and also if you remember how they teased previous singles, I'd bet this song will be out by Wednesday :)

• Like 1

In an interview, Will Champion said he would love to try something classical. I love the sound.

• Like 5

Viva Part 2? Well, whether that is the case or not, I'm loving these classical, antiquated vibes. Even if the clip is not an extract from the album, it may very well be a hint at what to expect.

Ha, and I thought I was actually gonna get some sleep tonight

• Like 3

It's very fresh, I also believe this snippet must be the end of this song and also if you remember how they teased previous singles, I'd bet this song will be out by Wednesday :)

Do singles even come out mid-week?

Going with the trend, usually new music from an artist drops on a Friday.

• Like 1

Hello everybody!

Everybody feeling OK, everybody feeling fresh and ready to go? :)

Finally we hear a note of new music.

What a beautiful way to start the day, what a beautiful way to start a new ERA.

I love it.

• Like 10

Btw, I checked the source code of the website, nothing has changed yet. :D

Thanks. I was checking Reddit, they've going crazy too if course. Someone said maybe its the ending of the album? As my band says, it sounds kinda endy!

it certainly feels like the ending of a song. Could be representing the moon.

Also, I can totally imagine Chris as a crooner.

• Like 5

Wake up, check the forum, see this dropped, somehow watch it when there are 42k views.

Sounds like this will be epic!!!!

• Like 2

I’m absolutely loving what I’m hearing!

Just hoping we don’t get the same thing that happened when AOAL came out, where we thought they’d be going a bit more rock with the guitar and drums but then went poppy... hopefully it isn’t just a sample section before or after a normal pop song. But I’m pretty convinced it won’t be

• Like 4

Just hoping we don’t get the same thing that happened when AOAL came out, where we thought they’d be going a bit more rock with the guitar and drums but then went poppy... hopefully it isn’t just a sample section before or after a normal pop song. But I’m pretty convinced it won’t be

This feels like it could be the undertone for the entire song. It might be they're going really back in time this time!!

• Like 2

That's why I'm a bit reluctant to follow all teasers, rumours, ...

I don't want to have too many expectations that it is going into a specific direction.

But I'm pretty confident that they can't turn this beautiful piece into a pop song.

• Like 6

So glad to be back and see this forum so active!

Very excited for what's to come. I do think though that people expecting the entire song to sound like the snippet are setting themselves up for disappointment. I'm not expecting a AOAL style surprise but can we honestly imagine the band's lead single being a new 'classical' piece. I think it's more than likely to have the same prominence in the song as the string section in A L I E N S or at least just a snippet to help further the aesthetic they're going for like others have suggested! Excited to see what happens :)

• Like 6

jesus christ, this is GREAT.

I just hope it doesn't turn to a poppy thing... but I dont think so, anyway. This is suposed to be a "experimental" thing...

All hail Mr. Davide Rossi!!

• Like 2

Everytime I hear it, I get the lines "When I fall in love" into my head.

And now I know why, it has a bit of a Nat King Cole sound in it.

I agree that it is a part of a song, otherwise Guy, Chris and Jonny would be jobless. Will can play the violin. :D

• Like 5

That's why I'm a bit reluctant to follow all teasers, rumours, ...

I don't want to have too many expectations that it is going into a specific direction.

But I'm pretty confident that they can't turn this beautiful piece into a pop song.

Imagine this being XMTS Part II :joy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2