✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

It's very fresh, I also believe this snippet must be the end of this song and also if you remember how they teased previous singles, I'd bet this song will be out by Wednesday :)

Do singles even come out mid-week?

Going with the trend, usually new music from an artist drops on a Friday.

• Like 1

Hello everybody!

Everybody feeling OK, everybody feeling fresh and ready to go? :)

Finally we hear a note of new music.

What a beautiful way to start the day, what a beautiful way to start a new ERA.

I love it.

• Like 10

Thanks. I was checking Reddit, they've going crazy too if course. Someone said maybe its the ending of the album? As my band says, it sounds kinda endy!

it certainly feels like the ending of a song. Could be representing the moon.

Also, I can totally imagine Chris as a crooner.

• Like 5

I’m absolutely loving what I’m hearing!

Just hoping we don’t get the same thing that happened when AOAL came out, where we thought they’d be going a bit more rock with the guitar and drums but then went poppy... hopefully it isn’t just a sample section before or after a normal pop song. But I’m pretty convinced it won’t be

• Like 4

Just hoping we don’t get the same thing that happened when AOAL came out, where we thought they’d be going a bit more rock with the guitar and drums but then went poppy... hopefully it isn’t just a sample section before or after a normal pop song. But I’m pretty convinced it won’t be

This feels like it could be the undertone for the entire song. It might be they're going really back in time this time!!

• Like 2

That's why I'm a bit reluctant to follow all teasers, rumours, ...

I don't want to have too many expectations that it is going into a specific direction.

But I'm pretty confident that they can't turn this beautiful piece into a pop song.

• Like 6

So glad to be back and see this forum so active!

Very excited for what's to come. I do think though that people expecting the entire song to sound like the snippet are setting themselves up for disappointment. I'm not expecting a AOAL style surprise but can we honestly imagine the band's lead single being a new 'classical' piece. I think it's more than likely to have the same prominence in the song as the string section in A L I E N S or at least just a snippet to help further the aesthetic they're going for like others have suggested! Excited to see what happens :)

• Like 6

Everytime I hear it, I get the lines "When I fall in love" into my head.

And now I know why, it has a bit of a Nat King Cole sound in it.

I agree that it is a part of a song, otherwise Guy, Chris and Jonny would be jobless. Will can play the violin. :D

• Like 5

I don't want to have too many expectations that it is going into a specific direction.

But I'm pretty confident that they can't turn this beautiful piece into a pop song.

Imagine this being XMTS Part II :joy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Except they could. Listen to the first bit of Lana del Rey's Born to Die, for instance. That track starts with a nice orchestral intro, and then transforms into something entirely different.

• Like 2

We got a teaser before the end of Friday!!

Liking what I'm hearing so far. But really hard to gauge what to expect. Could be a piece of a song that is drastically different to the rest of the song, or piece of a song that fits the song generally but the rest of the album is so different. Like midnight vs ghost stories. Want more Coldplay, please and thank you.

• Like 5

Except they could. Listen to the first bit of Lana del Rey's Born to Die, for instance. That track starts with a nice orchestral intro, and then transforms into something entirely different.

Don't get my hopes down. :p

But this feels more like an outro.

Anyway, we will know when they finally release the whole song. And please Coldplay, make that soon!

(AOAL was released 6 days after AHFOD posters started to appear, so ...)

• Like 1

That snippet sounds so nostalgic,

so classic, so sad and peaceful at the same time. I would love to hear more of that music but I doubt the album will be similar to this. It's supposed to be experimental. I think we will be very suprised. Looking forward to hearing more!

• Like 4
  • Love 1