✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

First of all - Hello everybody (as this is my first post). It's a pleasure to join you in such a hot-time :)

I thought like joining the discussion of the HTML comment deleted from the source code that you guys wrote about above. Actually there are plenty of ways to discuss it. First of all, would it be possible to make such a foolish mistake... Or, if it was a mistake at all? Whatever the reason is, there is one more interesting aspect of how we can read it.

The "siteInner" element is kind of contect of the website (the main content). Web devs will know what I mean. I have been doing some hobby websites in the past. That suggest they commented-out kind of placeholder for the actual content which is not meant to be yet there. Anyway, my point is - if this is a snippet, then we can treat it also in the following way:

Trouble In Town (30s, acoustic, in-studio performance from Chris and Guy )
360 ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE ON THE AMMAN CITADEL (1 NEW SONG, Orphans, Daddy or Everyday Life)

I would treat the first line and the second line separately as 2 different things. Trouble in Town would go for 30 seconds acoustic teaser or whatever else it is. So that would be a short audio, video etc. Second line is more interesting. The 360 could be treated as 360 degrees video (you are able to look around, like in the feature that YouTube or Facebook uses on pictures and videos). The "Orphans, Daddy or Everyday Life" would mean that they actually didn't know which song will be performed so devs said like "yeah, we will put here one of these things, whatever the band decides to scream out to the world of the Amman Citadel). So honestly I doubt there is actual album name hidden in this. However, the 360 line is definitely interesting and we might have hope for something special. Maybe not a live performance but possibly a new way of giving a birth to the new content :grinning:

That sounds quite logical, welcome by the way!

• Like 1

Coldplay releases are often a mess though. I better not remind you all of the Kaleidoscope EP mess - iirc first release date June 2, is sneakily changed on all social media to June 30 without any statement, June 30 passes, no release no statement, July 14 as new release date, but physical copies delayed to August 4, finally on August 4 the physical release happens - aaaand there is an awkward typo in the booklet.

What is the awkward typo just out of interest? :P I don't have physical copy of Kaleidoscope EP!

I like how we're all bringing our lives outside Coldplay to help solve this riddle. Web developers, history buffs, amateur astronomers, etc. What a diverse fandom we have!

Don’t forget about the lonesome artists and crypto zoologists!! :laughing::p:rolleyes:

• Like 2

First of all - Hello everybody (as this is my first post). It's a pleasure to join you in such a hot-time :)

I thought like joining the discussion of the HTML comment deleted from the source code that you guys wrote about above. Actually there are plenty of ways to discuss it. First of all, would it be possible to make such a foolish mistake... Or, if it was a mistake at all? Whatever the reason is, there is one more interesting aspect of how we can read it.

The "siteInner" element is kind of contect of the website (the main content). Web devs will know what I mean. I have been doing some hobby websites in the past. That suggest they commented-out kind of placeholder for the actual content which is not meant to be yet there. Anyway, my point is - if this is a snippet, then we can treat it also in the following way:

Trouble In Town (30s, acoustic, in-studio performance from Chris and Guy )
360 ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE ON THE AMMAN CITADEL (1 NEW SONG, Orphans, Daddy or Everyday Life)

I would treat the first line and the second line separately as 2 different things. Trouble in Town would go for 30 seconds acoustic teaser or whatever else it is. So that would be a short audio, video etc. Second line is more interesting. The 360 could be treated as 360 degrees video (you are able to look around, like in the feature that YouTube or Facebook uses on pictures and videos). The "Orphans, Daddy or Everyday Life" would mean that they actually didn't know which song will be performed so devs said like "yeah, we will put here one of these things, whatever the band decides to scream out to the world of the Amman Citadel). So honestly I doubt there is actual album name hidden in this. However, the 360 line is definitely interesting and we might have hope for something special. Maybe not a live performance but possibly a new way of giving a birth to the new content :grinning:

Hello,

totally agree. For the HTML comment, i'm web developper too and I know that forget stuff can easily happen. You try to think of everything and something you skid especially for an hidden comment. If Coldplay want to pass a message in the code, I really think the comment would been more mysterious and still here.

If 3 titles was totaly random, why 3 titles ? One is enough no ?

So finally i I have a doubt about Trouble In Town to be name of album: If the 30s teaser are with Guy and Chris choice of title is already done.

I guess : 30 seconds of Trouble In Town teaser and few days after we get a full title between Orphans, Daddy or Everyday Life

Part of titles could be:

- Trouble In Town

- Orphans

- Daddy

- Everyday Life

- Conscious Pilot

- that sister is my brother

- Sine Spe Recuperandi

- ?

- ?

- ?

- ?

- ?

• Like 4

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/230017-rock-werchter-2020/page/22/?tab=comments#comment-5795148

Ken19 regarding Coldplay's first single of the new album:

"Delayed. Promo was also one day earlier than expected. Nothing unusual.

We’ll see soon enough."

But is Ken19 someone special? It could be anyone, just guessing as much as us.

• Like 1

I think we will see more in-depth teasing, if not an official announcement, on Monday. Single out next Friday. Just my thoughts.

I agree, thats what I would personally do. More direct teasing from the band starting Monday cultivating in a big one Friday (like single, or release date).

• Like 3

Does anyone remember if the Coldplay website put a favicon (little symbol in the tab next to the website name) up when the website first changed to the sun/moon symbol? Because unless it's just my browser messing up, there isn't one there now.

A little sun shows up for me

• Like 1

:eek:

I am really beginning to wonder why no posters have popped up in North America yet. Is this just evidence that I'm a self-absorbed American? :joy:

I'm in North Americca too, if the theroy is right about them teasing next week and then announcement on Friday, we could see posters in America next week. Just my guess.

• Like 2

I remember you coming up to me after that show. It was nice meeting you, but we didn’t chat for more than a moment, and I was on my way. From Indiana was it? You didn’t have anything bad to say in the follow up message after

Headstrong in the nicest way possible :joy: I still admire you don't send your Coldplay hitmen after me