✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Butterfly Package - AHFOD Live Album/Movie

MickCas

As there is no Blu-ray I had to buy this from iTunes. Very disappointed in it as it looks as if very little care and attention was made to the release as there is no multi-channel surround sound, just plain Stereo. The image is a (very) widescreen 1920*816 so film-like 2.35:1 and the file size is 4.2Gb so basically more compressed than DVD! There are chapters for each song

What a shame, while this looks fine for iTunes it is not a patch on how good this would have looked and sounded for Blu-ray or 4k UHD

I know, I don't mean to complain because I'm so grateful for everything they have given us with the documentary, the live concert, and live album but...

I was looking forward to finally watching this in HD if not 4K, and with surround sound. It was supposed to be the ultimate experience, but reading everyone's reactions is bringing down my hype levels :(

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little Love in Tokyo appreciation post.

I think they've undisclosed Chris' playback in Paradise chorus. During the 'para-para-paradise' refrain, Chris addresses the crown 'your turn!', however his 'para-para-paradise' falsetto keeps going.

• Like 1

My physical copy's not arrived - gutted as had planned a special viewing tonight with a special someone who treated me to the Cardiff concert as a total surprise last year :( Have grabbed the live album off Spotify but can't see a way of getting the concert film anywhere :(

My physical copy's not arrived - gutted as had planned a special viewing tonight with a special someone who treated me to the Cardiff concert as a total surprise last year :( Have grabbed the live album off Spotify but can't see a way of getting the concert film anywhere :(
I'm hoping a iTunes HD rip appears somewhere online today. Keep checking back here throughout the day.

I know, I don't mean to complain because I'm so grateful for everything they have given us with the documentary, the live concert, and live album but...

I was looking forward to finally watching this in HD if not 4K, and with surround sound. It was supposed to be the ultimate experience, but reading everyone's reactions is bringing down my hype levels :(

Same here, review up on Amazon saying the same thing and suggest more of us do this - lower ratings means less sales so perhaps someone will take notice. [MEDIA=amazon]id=B07J35G5N2;tld=uk[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-Buenos-Aires-Paulo-Dreams/dp/B07J35G5N2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1544192358&sr=8-4&keywords=coldplay

• Like 1

yeah this digital release is a cop out. it pales so much to a legit HD release on Blu Ray. it is not full resolution HD. It is compressed. It is stereo audio only with no multi channel option.

the band has truly short changed this release which makes absolutely zero sense considering how much they have hyped it. To highlight a live concert release and documentary that from a hard media standpoint is on standard definition dvd, cd, cassette and vinyl, one would wonder what year Coldplay is operating in..

• Like 3

My post a page back covers this - the digital release (where's the Blu-ray!) is 1920*816 so while you may think it is 720 it is closer to 1080 because it is in a quite extreme widescreen (2:35:1 ratio) very like the wider aspect films you tend to see. So, 1920 wide by 816 high as opposed to the normal 1920x1080 with the difference made up of black screen! Still no substitute for a Blu-ray or 4k UHD release (I wish!).

Some of my posts seem to awaiting moderator approval but I suggest making a point via Amazon reviews if you feel strongly - hopefully someone will take notice. I got fobbed off with standard reply from the record company.

Live In Sao Paulo is not available in the Norwegian iTunes Store. Does anyone know where to get my hands on it? I live in 2018, so I don't own a DVD player, haha. Such a shame when I'm ready to give Coldplay money for it, but they won't let me buy it from anywhere..

• Like 2

https://www.blu-ray.com/itunes/Coldplay-Live-In-Sao-Paulo-iTunes/112093/

Here it says, that iTunes release is 1080p with Dolby Digital 2.0 sound.

... but on my iTunes app it says it includes 720p and 1080p, but it can only be downloaded at 720p (which has 3,78GB)

Have you checked the iTunes preferences? (Under the Edit menu on Windows.) Under the Downloads section there's a toggle for the preferred resolution.

I'm still quite disappointed with the setlist chosen for live albums.

In the case of Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo, it can be understood that they are full concerts, so it is exactly what they played there. But in the case of Tokyo? Is it really necessary to repeat songs like Yellow, Fix You or Paradise? Having played in that same concert All I Can Think About Is You or Don't Panic?

Not to mention that put to put songs that were not played there, could have gotten See You Soon, Trouble, Green Eyes, Til Kingdom Come or even the main stage Chritsmas Lights, Violet Hill or Politik.

I do not know, on the one hand I'm very excited about having new albums, but on the other hand very frustrated to see that roughly give us 3 times the same, leaving out many very interesting songs ... not even Amazing Day ...

• Like 11

I'm still quite disappointed with the setlist chosen for live albums.

In the case of Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo, it can be understood that they are full concerts, so it is exactly what they played there. But in the case of Tokyo? Is it really necessary to repeat songs like Yellow, Fix You or Paradise? Having played in that same concert All I Can Think About Is You or Don't Panic?

Not to mention that put to put songs that were not played there, could have gotten See You Soon, Trouble, Green Eyes, Til Kingdom Come or even the main stage Chritsmas Lights, Violet Hill or Politik.

I do not know, on the one hand I'm very excited about having new albums, but on the other hand very frustrated to see that roughly give us 3 times the same, leaving out many very interesting songs ... not even Amazing Day ...

Exactly my thoughts as well. It's great having three live albums, but they're the same songs.