✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

2 hours ago, LisaFeehily said:

Yeah, Spotify is definitely the biggest player when it comes to music streams. However,Β Youtube as a platform is still growing year on year both in terms of users and revenue, and for the majority of songs onΒ EL Coldplay actually got higher streaming numbers from Youtube than Spotify (based onΒ https://chartmasters.org/2021/06/streaming-masters-coldplay/). I was mainly looking at Youtube stats because those numbers are easier to find than those for Spotify.

It's true that HP might catch up with OrphansΒ sooner or later, or maybe not. It depends on how its streaming numbers hold up, e.g how big of a boost the album release will be. TheyΒ only stopped promoting HP very recently and I think usually once a campaign is over daily streams start to decline a bit more. I don't know how the trend looked like for Orphans from its release onwards but its streams haveΒ declined to a lower level than their other lead singles now.Β 

Anyway, I was basically trying to gauge how well MOTS will do commercially. ?Β 

I make the sales for Coldplay Charts and the streams to units ratio is a lot smaller for Spotify, Tidal, Apple Music, etc. YouTube on the other hand tends to make more streams, but generate far less revenue since it's a "free" platform. The best way to support the band and increase their sales right now is focusing on paid methods!?

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 1

higher power's chart-run in the uk:

12-25-19-21-23-20-21-24-24-29-23-28

the song is holding its sh*t together inside the top 40 surprisingly well, two more weeks and it will be their second most successful lead single in the region! not sure if we can reach 20 weeks charting in the top 100 though, but that would be wonderful

• Like 2

Please don't get me wrong, as if i am in any way atacking the band... But, i imagine how cool it would be if coldplay release as song as simple yet with some real emotion underneath as The scientist. I became a fan in 2006, or 2007, so i imagine there is a new single and I press play a The scientist that i never heard before, starts. It would be so good. Sorry for being off topic in a way.Β 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

higher power's chart-run in the uk:

12-25-19-21-23-20-21-24-24-29-23-28

the song is holding its sh*t together inside the top 40 surprisingly well, two more weeks and it will be their second most successful lead single in the region! not sure if we can reach 20 weeks charting in the top 100 though, but that would be wonderful

That's looking great, let's hope itΒ stays in the top 100 long enough!

So how does a chart run like this translate into sales though, and how do the overall sales of HP compare to previous singles and albums? I think looking at sales (physical, digital and streaming) says more about how many people a song reached than chart positions alone since those also depend on what other artists released songs at the same time. So far it looks like orphans did better overallΒ but that can still change.

Airplay is a different story, HP definitely outperformed Orphans there!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LisaFeehily said:

That's looking great, let's hope itΒ stays in the top 100 long enough!

So how does a chart run like this translate into sales though, and how do the overall sales of HP compare to previous singles and albums? I think looking at sales (physical, digital and streaming) says more about how many people a song reached than chart positions alone since those also depend on what other artists released songs at the same time. So far it looks like orphans did better overallΒ but that can still change.

Airplay is a different story, HP definitely outperformed Orphans there!

Orphans sold 1.7M and Higher Power 1M, considering how the former had much less time to gather units, it will probably end at 2-4M in the long run, that should put it in the same league as Violet Hill, In My Place, etc.

I am only realizing but I think that the leaked version of My Universe starts with MOTS 2 since Chris starts singing just around the 21 second mark and 21 seconds is MOTS 2's length. It also sounds the same as the snippet in Alien Radio FM.

And if My Universe album version lasts 4:45 minutes, we are missing over 40 seconds of My Universe. Maybe that is why it cuts so abruptly in the instrumental part at the end.

Also, I would bet that this leak is the version for the music video. It's like what happened with HP, which included MOTS 1 in its video.

• Like 4
  • Care 1

11 hours ago, Pokegleek said:

I am only realizing but I think that the leaked version of My Universe starts with MOTS 2 since Chris starts singing just around the 21 second mark and 21 seconds is MOTS 2's length. It also sounds the same as the snippet in Alien Radio FM.

And if My Universe album version lasts 4:45 minutes, we are missing over 40 seconds of My Universe. Maybe that is why it cuts so abruptly in the instrumental part at the end.

Also, I would bet that this leak is the version for the music video. It's like what happened with HP, which included MOTS 1 in its video.

It is Mots 2

Question about pre-ordering from the coldplay site - it says ships *on* Oct 15, but if I want to own the CD, does that mean one wouldn't receive the CD until a few days after the 15th? (I'm too stingy to ADDITIONALLY buy the digital download since the CD includes a download card). In the past I've only bought from local record stores but since I'm in the process of moving and I really want the cassette, seemed reasonable to buy off the CP site.

Edited by MosesTheMarshmallow

My question is also relating to Coldplay's shop website.

Pre-ordered a Higher Power tee and the website said it would arrive "2021 July" however I've been checking my emails and nothing has come in.

Have any of y'all gotten your Higher Power merch yet?

2 hours ago, TealAppeal said:

My question is also relating to Coldplay's shop website.

Pre-ordered a Higher Power tee and the website said it would arrive "2021 July" however I've been checking my emails and nothing has come in.

Have any of y'all gotten your Higher Power merch yet?

Try to send them an email, my Higher Power CD was late so they shipped another one.

On 8/1/2021 at 1:44 AM, Pokegleek said:

Yeah, the leak seems to have MOTS II interlude attached to it and...

Hot take: Aurora could be the little instrumental bit at the end of My Universe!

• Like 3

On 8/1/2021 at 4:31 PM, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

Question about pre-ordering from the coldplay site - it says ships *on* Oct 15, but if I want to own the CD, does that mean one wouldn't receive the CD until a few days after the 15th? (I'm too stingy to ADDITIONALLY buy the digital download since the CD includes a download card). In the past I've only bought from local record stores but since I'm in the process of moving and I really want the cassette, seemed reasonable to buy off the CP site.

Sorry to self-repost but hoping to get an answer to this?

ALSO is anyone interested in trading a red cassette for a green cassette LOL? I want to get the Coloratura case, but want the Floris tape because I have PREFERENCES and love green/teal.Β 

On 8/1/2021 at 7:09 PM, gustavothehuman said:

Try to send them an email, my Higher Power CD was late so they shipped another one.

Luckily I was near my front entryway and heard someone slip something into my mail box. Turns out it was my Coldplay shirt. I'm very pleased with it.

Β 

They used the fictional K language (forget the name sorry) to indicate the sizes.Β 

4 hours ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

Sorry to self-repost but hoping to get an answer to this?

ALSO is anyone interested in trading a red cassette for a green cassette LOL? I want to get the Coloratura case, but want the Floris tape because I have PREFERENCES and love green/teal.Β 

For your first question,

I too don't know the answer. I believe you can contact Coldplay on thier Tweeter account and someone mamaging that account may take a look at it. Its not guaranteed but worth a shot.

Β 

For your second question, I don't plan to order that collection unfortunately.

Since I've known of Coldplay (2002) I have been buying only their music from CD discs. I don't have anyΒ plans to changeΒ up the format.

Got this metal mesh box in the 2000s or so and I've had my smallΒ musical CDs collectionΒ in there.Β I'm excited to add Coldplay's 9th one later this year.

I do ownΒ 1 Coldplay album (ARoBttH) however it's for looks because I realized the store I bought it from displayed it at an angle and unlucky for me.. it hasΒ this terrible warped sound when I played it on my Dad's record-player. I've been deterred from trying other music media aside from CDs or digital. Lol

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TealAppeal said:

For your first question,

I too don't know the answer. I believe you can contact Coldplay on thier Tweeter account and someone mamaging that account may take a look at it. Its not guaranteed but worth a shot.

Β 

For your second question, I don't plan to order that collection unfortunately.

Since I've known of Coldplay (2002) I have been buying only their music from CD discs. I don't have anyΒ plans to changeΒ up the format.

Got this metal mesh box in the 2000s or so and I've had my smallΒ musical CDs collectionΒ in there.Β I'm excited to add Coldplay's 9th one later this year.

I do ownΒ 1 Coldplay album (ARoBttH) however it's for looks because I realized the store I bought it from displayed it at an angle and unlucky for me.. it hasΒ this terrible warped sound when I played it on my Dad's record-player. I've been deterred from trying other music media aside from CDs or digital. Lol

I hear you! That's worth a shot.Β 

I don't even own anything that plays cassettes but damnit they're so pretty that I have to have one. I am in the seeming minority that actually likes the MOTS cover a lot, but I just love the planets/Coloratura-nebula. Hilariously, I ALSO get 100% of my Coldplay through CDs with the exception of the Kaleidoscope EP which is an extremely pretty shade of turquoise (the CD is a stupid shade of pink or something) even though I don't have vinyl player. So I can relate. ?Β 

22 hours ago, TealAppeal said:

I own most on vinyl as well as CD's but to be honest I am not sure what all the hype is around vinyl's. Yeah they look cool but they sound terrible. Idk maybe I just have a bad record player but I recently bought a new one and all the records I tried kept skipping. Plus there is a constant static noise. I'd rather just listen on a CD/streaming lol.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, coldplaykb said:

I own most on vinyl as well as CD's but to be honest I am not sure what all the hype is around vinyl's. Yeah they look cool but they sound terrible. Idk maybe I just have a bad record player but I recently bought a new one and all the records I tried kept skipping. Plus there is a constant static noise. I'd rather just listen on a CD/streaming lol.

Playing vinyl records takes effort.Β 
Β 

The quality of the record you what to play matters. The quality of your turntable , stylus , speakers will also matter. You can have a great setup, but a terrible pressing of a record or a cd / digital sourced pressing isn’t going to sound amazing.Β 
Β 

for me I do enjoy the work that it takes to listen to something. I have many great memories looking at records , pulling out the inserts from cassettes and cds. Vinyl has obviously been making a come back these last 10 years but with streaming services for movies and music , and physical media on the decline it was a good connection for me.Β 
Β 

that a brief summary for my experience with vinyl. Also the plural of vinyl is vinyl ?Β 

• Like 1

well, somehow there seems to be a leak of the race v2(dont worry, i wont share it anywhere, so dont ask me for it ;))Β 

not much difference to the original gs version tho, just a guitar solo in the end, slight change of lyrics, the bridge is different(with the female voice from the ahfod version), more strings, more drums, more jonny, the outro is nice tho

• Like 4
  • Wow 3
  • Angry 1

7 hours ago, oheezen said:

well, somehow there seems to be a leak of the race v2(dont worry, i wont share it anywhere, so dont ask me for it ;))Β 

not much difference to the original gs version tho, just a guitar solo in the end, slight change of lyrics, the bridge is different(with the female voice from the ahfod version), more strings, more drums, more jonny, the outro is nice tho

The differences throughout the song for the first 3 minutes are quite minimal. And you can tell it just doesn't feel done yet. But damn, I absolutely LOVE the last bit with the drum fills and eclectic/distorted guitar (somewhat reminds me of the Speed of Sound guitar). Hope this will remain in the final version ?Β 

• Like 5

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion