✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

For those thinking that the new album was going to be a full-blown pop record with no redeeming songs, I think Human Heart is proof enough that this era will surprise some if not many people.Β 

I myself though that the collaborations in this album would be more generic and pandering to the public but I love these little features, which is part of the reason why I loved EL so much.Β 

It's also interesting, because no matter your opinion on the song - the lack of other band members being one of it - I don't think anyone can bash them here for being safe or pandering, because this song is somewhat a risk - almost no instrumentals, a cappella (remember what they said 10 years ago with Rescue Street?), and a much slower place in the style of Daddy, O, or When I Need a Friend.

Like I said, I'm hugely optimistic about the new album despite how disappointing Higher Power was.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, deltadon said:

That checks out in the β€œsomething odd” context.Β 

Agree, it does have a side-b, hidden track vibe... it’s so simple and intimate it could totally work under that idea...Β 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AnaMarie said:

Agree, it does have a side-b, hidden track vibe... it’s so simple and intimate it could totally work under that idea...Β 

That's right!
Also, the graphics with lyrics on the background have the Higher Power cd colors.Β 

I even thought about the posibility of having several EPs this era, each one representing one Sphere, instead of one big album.Β 

I don't know why that came to my mind. I'd love to have an album thoΒ ?

Β 

• Like 4

Human Heart is an acapella song, but why don't the four of themΒ sing it? They did a lot of acapella singing while working with Brian Eno. Will has a great voice and so has Guy who has been a singerΒ for his band ApparatjikΒ and also Jonny doesn't sing badly. An acapella song with allΒ the four of them singing - that would really be great!

• Like 3

I don't know if it's said anywhere, but these number combinations on postcards definitely seem to beΒ coordinates andΒ form a shape over Iran. I found out in reddit that there is 6 different combinations of these numbers and wrote them with last number being after point (for example 26.7, 50.2). I mean it could be coincidence that it forms a shape over Iran, because it could beΒ some other obscureΒ coordinate system..Β This is definitely weird, Coldplay or not.

image.png.57f84956b00cf795b9e1a1cc14e765d3.png

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

6 hours ago, merril said:

Human Heart es una canciΓ³n a capella, pero ΒΏpor quΓ© no la cantan los cuatro? Hicieron mucho canto a capella mientras trabajaban con Brian Eno. Will tiene una gran voz y tambiΓ©n Guy, que ha sido cantante de su banda Apparatjik, y Jonny no canta mal. Una canciΓ³n a capella con los cuatro cantando, Β‘serΓ­a genial!

Maybe in live

Watching the Red Nose mini-concert today I couldn't help thinking that something big is coming our way.

The boys are rehearsing a lot - first at the London Palladium, now at the Alexandra Palace...

That also leads me to think that the album is most likely done (if it were not, they would mostly be at studios and have the majority of their gear there)...

I also noticed that for today, beside Phil's filming the mini-concert, the setup was to film professionally something else...

Let's wait and see...

Β 

• Like 9

It looks like people are really beginning to doubt that Coldplay is behind the postcards and poster in London. But I can't think of who else would be doing it at all. Maybe it's like those random monoliths people were building around the world.

Whatever this is, it's pretty neat. Definitely feels like Coldplay because it's not too different from what they did when they teased Everyday Life. It's just awfully soon after they first launched the Alien Radio teaser site and social media accounts. And it's worth noting that the Alien Radio social media accounts have been silent for about a week. It could be that they're trying to shift the focus to the postcards.

It could be that Higher Power comes from Kaotica but these postcards are supposed to be from aliens on a completely different planet, so naturally they're giving these new teasers a different aesthetic as opposed to what they used for Higher Power and Alien Radio. ?

Edited by 42Escapist
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, 42Escapist said:

It looks like people are really beginning to doubt that Coldplay is behind the postcards and poster in London. But I can't think of who else would be doing it at all. Maybe it's like those random monoliths people were building around the world.

Whatever this is, it's pretty neat. Definitely feels like Coldplay because it's not too different from what they did when they teased Everyday Life. It's just awfully soon after they first launched the Alien Radio teaser site and social media accounts. And it's worth noting that the Alien Radio social media accounts have been silent for about a week. It could be that they're trying to shift the focus to the postcards.

It could be that Higher Power comes from Kaotica but these postcards are supposed to be from aliens on a completely different planet, so naturally they're giving these new teasers a different aesthetic as opposed to what they used for Higher Power and Alien Radio. ?

Redditors recipients of postcards might have finally found what they had in common - they purchased something on a website called 'iam8bit', which seems to be heaven for gamers. So it's likely to be a videogames developing studio teasing a new game.Β 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, 42Escapist said:

I think we can only safely assume there will be 12 albums released. ?

• Like 1

Hi, I am relatively new here. So, hello.

I have been watching Phil's backstage tour from yesterday's Tictok. And thought if the postcards areΒ from Coldplay...there might be a confirmation hidden in the tour. Why was he doing one? It felt a bit odd to me.Β I might be overthinking this, but here is what I noticed:

- Several references to an arrival ('Band coming', 'Someone might be coming'...)

- 'Down these GREEN steps.' I heard you,Β Phil. I heard you.Β 

- So, the arrows and taping on the floor is green to Phil

- Guy's base had that neon green colour on it

- When he says: 'Someone running' a greenΒ shape appears on the screenΒ (and is followed by)

- The torch and the spotlight on the floor

-? 'Nothing's changed' x 2Β ? Maybe a Bowie reference?Β 

- 'I hear noises...it's all very dark.'Β Β Like your postcards and the telephone calls.

What do you think? Might be going a bit crazy here, but who knows!

It is right under our nose...on Red Nose day.Β 

?

Edited by thomas8987
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, the_escapist said:

Watching the Red Nose mini-concert today I couldn't help thinking that something big is coming our way.

The boys are rehearsing a lot - first at the London Palladium, now at the Alexandra Palace...

That also leads me to think that the album is most likely done (if it were not, they would mostly be at studios and have the majority of their gear there)...

I also noticed that for today, beside Phil's filming the mini-concert, the setup was to film professionally something else...

Let's wait and see...

Β 

I came on during Viva, what did they play before that?

Edit: Found out they did Paradise. How cool!

Edited by Famous_Old_Painter

7 hours ago, stepstr said:

Redditors recipients of postcards might have finally found what they had in common - they purchased something on a website called 'iam8bit', which seems to be heaven for gamers. So it's likely to be a videogames developing studio teasing a new game.Β 

yeah especially E3 coming soon enough, also the game probably teased in this is bethesda's Starfield which features a lot of hexagons in its game

22 hours ago, merril said:

Human Heart is an acapella song, but why don't the four of themΒ sing it? They did a lot of acapella singing while working with Brian Eno. Will has a great voice and so has Guy who has been a singerΒ for his band ApparatjikΒ and also Jonny doesn't sing badly. An acapella song with allΒ the four of them singing - that would really be great!

And if I'm not wrong we have a precedent with The Goldrush having all the band singing and I think also Brian Eno helped a little with some vocalsΒ ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

Also I think HH will be on the album because Chris has got a heart-symbol on his jacket.Β 

At the Tiktok gig there were camera tracks around the circle. Makes me think they were filming more stuff.

That could be case, I mean why would they use all that setup if Phil would be walking around he could've had an accident (I was kind of nervous during the concert because of that lol)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, thomas8987 said:

Hi, I am relatively new here. So, hello.

I have been watching Phil's backstage tour from yesterday's Tictok. And thought if the postcards areΒ from Coldplay...there might be a confirmation hidden in the tour. Why was he doing one? It felt a bit odd to me.Β I might be overthinking this, but here is what I noticed:

- Several references to an arrival ('Band coming', 'Someone might be coming'...)

- 'Down these GREEN steps.' I heard you,Β Phil. I heard you.Β 

- So, the arrows and taping on the floor is green to Phil

- Guy's base had that neon green colour on it

- When he says: 'Someone running' a greenΒ shape appears on the screenΒ (and is followed by)

- The torch and the spotlight on the floor

-? 'Nothing's changed' x 2Β ? Maybe a Bowie reference?Β 

- 'I hear noises...it's all very dark.'Β Β Like your postcards and the telephone calls.

What do you think? Might be going a bit crazy here, but who knows!

It is right under our nose...on Red Nose day.Β 

?

After reading this, I was like, "of course there must be something behind this behind the scenes thing... how come I didn't think about it before?" Ahaha anyways, I went to check and there are 2 additional things that caught my attention:

1. Phil points the camera at everything that is fluorescent green with special attention to the reflective vest. Why would he do it? The postcards are fluorescent green...

2. He focused a lot on the piano on the backstage and I took some prints. There are 3 symbols that could be the same as the ones on the postcards. Check it below:Β 

IMG_20210525_093133.jpg

IMG_20210525_093112.jpg

IMG_20210525_093023.jpg

IMG_20210525_092935.jpg

IMG_20210525_092821.jpg

IMG_20210525_092801.jpg

• Like 3

There is also a moment where we see "H4", "Paladium" and "28/10". I don't understand the first 2 things, but the third could be a date?

Finally there is another thing that I don't understand on the images we have seen of "they are coming". The order of the "letters" changes so it's not really a word. What do you think? Check it below:Β 

IMG_20210525_094139.jpg

IMG_20210525_094115.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Woden said:

yeah especially E3 coming soon enough, also the game probably teased in this is bethesda's Starfield which features a lot of hexagons in its game

This could also be a continuation of Coldplay's gaming partnership. Looks likeΒ E3 will startΒ on 12th June, and there's also Summer Game Fest happening in June, which iam8bit are involved in.Β maybe Coldplay will make an appearance?

Edited by LisaFeehily

5 hours ago, Su_Xyloto said:

There is also a moment where we see "H4", "Paladium" and "28/10". I don't understand the first 2 things, but the third could be a date?

Finally there is another thing that I don't understand on the images we have seen of "they are coming". The order of the "letters" changes so it's not really a word. What do you think? Check it below:Β 

IMG_20210525_094139.jpg

IMG_20210525_094115.jpg

Very hard to crack if that's a secret code

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion