✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

Took a short trip with my girlfriendΒ to Las Vegas for the weekend and went to the iHeartRadio festival on Saturday. Second time I've seen the band now, and I still haven't seen a regular tour concert but oh well. It was fun, pretty shortΒ but it's nice to see them again. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about how good Fix You and Human HeartΒ sounded... and nothing beats the Viva la Vida singalong when you're in the crowd. So good.

On 9/19/2021 at 6:27 AM, Ccrules2791 said:

The iHeartRadio set was awesome - though 25 minutes is definitely not enough for Coldplay now. I sort of wonder how long their sets will be this time. I'll assume they'll do the full MOTS + Viva/Yellow/Fix You/Charlie Brown/ASFOS + some of Magic/Scientist/ETIAW/AOAL/Clocks?Β 

Human Heart is shaping up quite nicely. I was a little underwhelmed the first time hearing it live given it's minimalism but the vocal harmony is just so good now that it's a tearjerker

I think the set was so short because of the time slot that iHeartRadio had given them, not because of what the band wanted. Billie Eilish's set was aroundΒ the same length. Chris even said something like "okay, enough of my chit-chat, we only have 6 minutes." They'll probably be back to 2 hour concerts when the MOTS tour finally happens.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

Took a short trip with my girlfriendΒ to Las Vegas for the weekend and went to the iHeartRadio festival on Saturday. Second time I've seen the band now, and I still haven't seen a regular tour concert but oh well. It was fun, pretty shortΒ but it's nice to see them again. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about how good Fix You and Human HeartΒ sounded... and nothing beats the Viva la Vida singalong when you're in the crowd. So good.

I think the set was so short because of the time slot that iHeartRadio had given them, not because of what the band wanted. Billie Eilish's set was aroundΒ the same length. Chris even said something like "okay, enough of my chit-chat, we only have 6 minutes." They'll probably be back to 2 hour concerts when the MOTS tour finally happens.

Hoping for 2.5 hour concertsΒ given the number of good stadium-fit songs Coldplay have accumulated over the years + this era’s songs.

Β 

update on The Race: A fan spoke to Phil Harvey about it today for the secret album release gig in NY and he pretty plainly said β€œnothing about it tonight my friend” so I guess it’ll be a while until we get to see this song released. Possibly in a future volume of MOTSΒ 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2

Was at the Apollo Show… man are fans on this forum in for a treat.

People of the Pride debuted and is defintely the heaviest Coldplay song. Probably more than politik? Oh and it’s incredible. Absolutely stunning.

my universe sounds great live and the outro is a lot of fun

A striking point but it’s kind of wild that Coldplay can go Clocks > Fix You > Viva La Vida β€” and you’re like 5Β songs into the show. Every album got love except EL = (

Edited by Ccrules2791
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

Everyone’s thoughts on MU?

am I a bad coldplayer for actually liking the BTS bits more than Chris'?Β 

Not so sure now that it's going to be a global hit but what do I know lmao.

Overall, an okay song in my opinion but Coldplay has an can do pop way better than that.

1 hour ago, jphantom said:

Is people of the pride the finished version of the man who swears,Β the viva la vida demo!?

Β 

Oh... that's a deep cut. Those Viva's demos were so good. Hopefully we'll get "Bloodless Revolution" one day.

Β 

32 minutes ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

Everyone’s thoughts on MU?

Too repetitive for me. Flawless production though.

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, Nature said:

Okay, so the only song i like from the 3 singles is Higher Power, hope there will be at least 1 or 2 more i will find good on this new album.

Maybe the next promotional single would be Let Somebody Go by Coldplay X Selena Gomez they have been working on it for their collaboration for their first time, it was according from genius.com on the lyrics but it turns out to be removed because I think they are collaborating just like BTS and maybe it will reveal it until next week on the first day of October or 2 weeks before the album release.

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion