✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

4 hours ago, jphantom said:

Is people of the pride the finished version of the man who swears,Β the viva la vida demo!?

Β 

Can’t believe a song like this is on an album with MU.Β 
Β 

What a strange album this is turning out to be.Β 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Famous Old Painter said:

I'm trying to imagine The Man Who Swears produced by Max Martin and my brain can't do it.Β VeryΒ interested to hear how this one turns out.Β 

I've heard the full song live and it doesn't really sound like The Man Who Swears. The lyrics are very similar, though. And it's quite anΒ interesting song - there's no chorus as far as I know and the X&Y synths are back. Lyrically it'sΒ better than the two main singles released.Β 

Also I can't tell properly because of the poor audio quality but I think there's a horns section?

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Care 1

27 minutes ago, shred said:

Can’t believe a song like this is on an album with MU.Β 
Β 

What a strange album this is turning out to be.Β 

This is the whole point of the record : one style for one planet. It's a smart move because it allows them to explore a lot of music and keep an identity toΒ their album.Β 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Loved my universe studio.

and/but think people will love my universe live. It’s instantly catchy and a nice hit that fits in a different way in the set. The outro brings a paradise tiesto remix fun to the set β€” was stunning to watch the room react to it.

also after all these months watching folks sing higher power live was really nice

On 9/20/2021 at 7:39 PM, Yasuko said:

They are in stock at the Merchbar.

Thanks! I don't really understand how this can be real, since there will only be 5000 copies and unique polaroids included.. How is this possible, when it's not from the Coldplay store?Β 

Even though I'm wondering about this, I still couldn't resist...Β ?:escaping:

I thought I was going to truly hate the new song, but I am shocked to say I really liked My Universe. Out of Coldplay's pop songs, this is at the good end for me, alongside A Sky Full of Stars. I don't think it's as good as A Sky Full of Stars, which had a really good second half, but I'd say it's close. I am slightly disappointed however. The ending of the song featured in Overtura is great, but seems out of place, especially after the break that sounds a bit like an interlude track. It would have been better if they were the other way around, with the song evolving into the Overtura ending and then moving into the calm interlude bit, giving the song a more natural end instead of the fade out.Β I also don't like the cheering in the Overtura bit - I would have preferred just one cheer or none at all.

Edited by Doomotron
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Bauk said:

Thanks! I don't really understand how this can be real, since there will only be 5000 copies and unique polaroids included.. How is this possible, when it's not from the Coldplay store?Β 

Even though I'm wondering about this, I still couldn't resist...Β ?:escaping:

I think you should be fine. It says on that website that orders are fulfilled by LiveNation Merchandise and they're also fulfilling Coldplay store orders (according to their Terms & Conditions). So it sounds like it's more or less the same thing, just different websites and a way for EU fans to order from the US warehouse!?Β 

What really surprises me though is that the item is still available for US at all since it's limited to 5000 and was launched a few days ago already.Β 

• Like 1

Hi everyone

Β The truth is that looking at the setlist of these first concerts I feel a bit worried. They have not kept anything from EL and instead continue to include a large number of hits like Yellow, Clocks or Viva La Vida that are already widely listened to.

I want to believe that later on they will structure the setlist in a different way because we have been with the same songs for 10 years now starring in concerts (plus the hits that they are adding such as ASFOS, SJLT or HFTW).

Β 

I think the best thing Coldplay could do is to put those songs to rest and do concerts pulling other singles that are quite well known and appreciated by the fans but that they have totally left aside, for example: Violet Hill, Politik, In My Place, Shiver , Lost, Lovers in Japan, Speed of Sun, What if ... You don't ask for weird songs anymore, but at least they could play more of this kind of song. It would be good for them not to pigeonhole themselves so much and for the fans to have a little more variety, because it ends up being boring to ALWAYS listen to THE SAME.

Β 

On the two new songs that we have known, My Universe delves into the pop style that we thought they would abandon after AHFOD, but that Chris still likes too much. I don't really like the style and I don't think it adds anything in itself to Coldplay's discography. Another # 1 hit like SJLT, little else.

Β From People of the Pride I have been pleasantly surprised and perhaps there is still some hope in this album. It seems like a "second version" of Violet Hill. Too bad that being more different and innovative than the other 2 singles will surely leave it aside ...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ToniMoreno said:

Hi everyone

Β The truth is that looking at the setlist of these first concerts I feel a bit worried. They have not kept anything from EL and instead continue to include a large number of hits like Yellow, Clocks or Viva La Vida that are already widely listened to.

I want to believe that later on they will structure the setlist in a different way because we have been with the same songs for 10 years now starring in concerts (plus the hits that they are adding such as ASFOS, SJLT or HFTW).

Β 

I think the best thing Coldplay could do is to put those songs to rest and do concerts pulling other singles that are quite well known and appreciated by the fans but that they have totally left aside, for example: Violet Hill, Politik, In My Place, Shiver , Lost, Lovers in Japan, Speed of Sun, What if ... You don't ask for weird songs anymore, but at least they could play more of this kind of song. It would be good for them not to pigeonhole themselves so much and for the fans to have a little more variety, because it ends up being boring to ALWAYS listen to THE SAME.

Β 

On the two new songs that we have known, My Universe delves into the pop style that we thought they would abandon after AHFOD, but that Chris still likes too much. I don't really like the style and I don't think it adds anything in itself to Coldplay's discography. Another # 1 hit like SJLT, little else.

Β From People of the Pride I have been pleasantly surprised and perhaps there is still some hope in this album. It seems like a "second version" of Violet Hill. Too bad that being more different and innovative than the other 2 singles will surely leave it aside ...

I have to say - having seen them over three toursΒ and at the Apollo - this is how Coldplay tours usually start (especially pre-album release). A bit shorter and usually missing some songs. Once the album releases, they'll play mostly everything in it with the exception of a few songs (I know they rarely played Fun from AHFOD, and Don't Let It Break Your Heart until later on in that tour from MX). They'll also add a "here's an old section" of tunes where they'll do something like Magic & Trouble during the previous tour.

I do think Chris treats Everyday Life songs quite differently -- he hasn't really seemed to have an interest in playing many of them this tour. I will say they did touch on something from just about every album last night (though I missed Charlie Brown BADLY). The set was about 13 songs and I imagine the full set will be closer to 20 on a world tour... they've just got so many great hits that I'd expect anything beyond Yellow/Scientist/Viva/Fix You to not be a guarantee. Heck, I've seen them go shows without Paradise or Clocks!Β 

• Wow 1

3 hours ago, Doomotron said:

The ending of the song featured in Overtura is great, but seems out of place, especially after the break that sounds a bit like an interlude track.

I think it was meant to be a coda. Some Beatles' songs had something similar!

Personally, I don't know what to think about "My Universe". I had not listened to the leak so this was the first time I heard the full song. I admit it sounds a bit flat to me, a bit shallow, I don't know why but the instrumental to me seems much better than the vocal version.

But probably this depends on my tastes, I prefer acoustic instruments and ambient electronics over that kind of synths, so my opinion doesn't mean much in this context.

Anyway, the song would probably make much more sense within the whole album, especially if the MotS motive continues through the record, linking all the songs, that would be very beautiful (pardon, biutyful!) actually...

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TheLostColdplayer said:

Anyway, the song would probably make much more sense within the whole album, especially if the MotS motive continues through the record, linking all the songs, that would be very beautiful (pardon, biutyful!) actually...

In the song I hear a lot of MOTS2 at the start and the break bit, so you're probably right.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, driftaguy said:

Chris has said that they're unlikely to play any songs from Everyday Life

I love EL and I find it so sad that they are obviously not willing to sing any songs from that album. Chris seemed so disappointed when he talked about the little Interest fans took in those songs. But that is mainly Coldplay's own fault, they hardly promoted that album. If they hadΒ  promoted it like 'Higher Power' EL would certainly have been very successful. It's a pity that the EL songs, which showΒ the wide range of music they areΒ capable of producing, will soon be completely forgotten.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion