✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

I've been posting in this thread a lot lately ??

In Jacob Collier's livestream a couple weeks ago, Chris made an appearance!

Chris talked talked about how Collier contributed to Everyday Life and now "We have become your students ever since." (at about 23:10)

There's been a rumour about how Collier may be heavily involved in LP9. The Music of the Spheres teaser poster looks a lot like "Musical Geometry" pictures. Collier is known for being a genius in music theory so perhaps he'll be their "Eno" for this album.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, RaspberrySwing said:

Chris talked talked about how Collier contributed to Everyday Life and now "We have become your students ever since." (at about 23:10)

There's been a rumour about how Collier may be heavily involved in LP9. The Music of the Spheres teaser poster looks a lot like "Musical Geometry" pictures. Collier is known for being a genius in music theory so perhaps he'll be their "Eno" for this album.

Never been into Collier's music... Maybe I should give it a try!

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 10:12 PM, RaspberrySwing said:

This is actually a really interesting theory... it fits perfectly with the jazz-spacey-old-pop-alternative supposed vibe for LP9..... Collier would be a great candidate/teacher/ "new Eno" to guide them for combining all of the different sounds!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

I’m pretty sure this has been said before, but with “The Race” being released (as said by Phil) and A guitar labeled St. Rescue for an unfinished song from the MX era, FFTF Probably stands for “Finished For The Fans”! And stuff like “First Steps” could be polished and made into a full length song. (I know the thread name is “FTFF” but I checked back to the EL booklet and it’s actually FFTF)

Edited by BlueberrySwing2024
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, BlueberrySwing2024 said:

I’m pretty sure this has been said before, but with “The Race” being released (as said by Phil) and A guitar labeled St. Rescue for an unfinished song from the MX era, FFTF Probably stands for “Finished For The Fans”! And stuff like “First Steps” could be polished and made into a full length song. (I know the thread name is “FTFF” but I checked back to the EL booklet and it’s actually FFTF)

Whoah, Finished For The Fans is the only theory that actually makes sense to me.

Just corrected the thread name also!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BlueberrySwing2024 said:

Yes!!! Whatever they are brewing...I’m super excited!!!!! 

• Like 2

It'd be fun to go back to every other album speculation stage and pull out some of the theories we've come up with as a community.

This theory about music theory and Jacob Collier is really interesting but i'd be shocked if it were true. Coldplay's always strayed away from being "snooty" or "academic" about their music so it'd be weird for them to drop an album with an essay explaining the themes and concepts. I do think jacob will be a part of Lp9 tho. He was part of producing Everyday Life and I bet they did some LP9 songs during that time as well

• Like 1

ANOTHER interesting theory about FFTF2024, from @jordanatorNZ on twitter:

FFTF2024 = July 10th, 2020 (A Friday!)

Although... I think whatever date 2024 may have been pointing to may not be relevant anymore due to COVID-19. I do think this is a great theory anyways.

• Like 2

LOVE the Parachutes Anniversary theory from you Jordanator ?  

Given the most concrete evidence "from the horses mouth," we're getting The Race, maybe UATW 2.0,, maybe UFO 2.0 etc... they could be releasing a compendium of reworks, demos, and a few new b-sides to celebrate  20 years since LP1. Radiohead did this last year with a re-release of OK Computer with new b-sides. This would also feel more appropriate during COVID-19 since it's a look back and wouldn't need to be advertised too much. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, M Marks The Spot said:

I have no clue how relevant the post below is to this discussion but it must mean something surely...

Hide contents

Look at Guy's reply as well!

Screenshot_20200624-160244_Instagram.thumb.png.9dcec0892a6a92c15e2e8eb1db435a6c.png

Yes this can be a big proof they are united back together. Because as i know (i don't remember where and how i know) Chris and Rik was together. Also i don't think Will's getting out from England so much. In the post it says drummer and bassist so that means Will came back from somewhere. This can mean they are united in US. If it's true Jonny has to be in US too. Now they can start working on LP9 again.

• Like 3

I know Jonny has an apartment in NYC as it was featured in a magazine, but recently Guy has been posting on IG from his house in the Cotswolds so I’m not sure that he’s in the US ? Still, I hope it’s true and they’re together!

Man I want to get stoned with Guy and Will..... sounds fun.

Maybe that was a late post in response to the AHFOD watch party referencing some part of the film? We're not far off from 20th Anniversary of Parachutes so I'm starting to get a little bit excited about the next month and potential for some new stuff or at least a re-release. 

• Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • stephen pinned this topic