✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[18-09-2020] Coldplay perform LIVE @ iHeartRadio Music Festival 2020

Gideon_Mx

Coldplay @ the iHeartRadio Music Festival 2020: classics or new songs?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Coldplay will add at least 1 brand new song to their setlist for this festival?

Thank you very much for uploading this. It was sooo good to see the band live again! But of course it was a bit sad that they did not play one single new song, but played their old hits for the 1000th time. I wonder whether they really have created any new songs. It may be they are just happy with all the songs they have released and satisfied when now and then they are asked to play them. Their former enthusiasm for new musical ideas seems to have gone .Besides, nowadays it is so difficult for them to meet and rehearse.

• Like 2

We literally went through this 2 eras ago, i believe in the same festival as well. We saw the new set theme, new piano, new decorations and thought they must be playing something new. 

Please stop doing this to yourselves. They'll release something when they're ready and clearly they're not. It took me a bit of time as a fan to realize this, so let me save you guys some stress! 

On the positive, I did enjoy listening to those hits for the thousandth time actually hah. And I really liked the fact that they fit in Trouble In Town in the set, my personal fav from the previous era. I guess since it was prerecorded, the sound techs could tweak things and it showed in the quality. Loved the visuals as well, but its funny to imagine the broadcast without them to see how plain it wouldve been!

As mentioned before, I only check in very occassionally now since its offseason, so anything else to look forward to from the band? Or are we all hanging out in a LP9 clues thread of some sort? I know they were posting some things on social media that supposedly will spell Music of the Spheres and whatnot. 

Edited by jc90
  • Like 4

Agree with JC90. Good to see a performance but always incredibly important to keep expectations in check because I've been burned on many of my hopes and dreams since I started speculating in 2010 (god I'm old). 

That said, I really enjoyed the color palette and visuals of the performance. The person who I assume worked on this also did that solid Paradise "live performance" last month, which was great. If the speculation continues down a route of a "space-themed" album with UFO's and ALIENS, I could see them incorporating some of these colors and visuals styles into the next era. It would maintain a colorful and exciting experience that doesn't retread the MX and AHFOD eras. 

• Like 6

• 4 months later...
18 hours ago, BerheavedTripod8 said:

It looks like Coldplay's "set" for the ALTer EGO 2021 will only be 5 minutes long, according to the livexlive website

image.png.1c2e7b653a2b5b5911cfd72d0350d40b.png

Yeah, they just broadcast VLV. What a disappointment. When i saw that, i decided not to stay up until 4AM lol

It's a shame the official YouTube `iHeartRadio` channel only has a brief video of their performance- not even the entire song.

They sung "Viva La Vida" if anyone was curious; I watched some of it on this fan-video. Glad I know more from this forum makes more sense that it was a pre-recording etc.

The audio from the video I posted below isn't ideal, they also muted some of the song for fear of copyright however I enjoyed these guys commentary and felt like I didn't miss anything. 

https://youtu.be/uE9ATsp3KYE?t=4551

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TealAppeal said:

It's a shame the official YouTube `iHeartRadio` channel only has a brief video of their performance- not even the entire song.

They sung "Viva La Vida" if anyone was curious; I watched some of it on this fan-video. Glad I know more from this forum makes more sense that it was a pre-recording etc.

The audio from the video I posted below isn't ideal, they also muted some of the song for fear of copyright however I enjoyed these guys commentary and felt like I didn't miss anything. 

https://youtu.be/uE9ATsp3KYE?t=4551

Don't worry, the entire set can be seen here in high quality: