✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Music Of The Spheres Track List

Doomotron

24/04/2021

This is a new track list, with the songs that we're sure of and we think might be on the album:

• The Race (unconfirmed; a sensible guess)
  • Alien Radio
  • Higher Power
  • The Rocket (unconfirmed)
  • Us Against The World (updated version)
  • UFO (possibly a new song)
  • Music Of The Spheres (title track)

This list will be gradually updated over time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So since Music Of The Spheres is pretty much as confirmed as it has ever been, I thought I'd move the discussion of the track list into its own thread. Here we can speculate about what songs will be included, how they might sound, and finally discuss the final songs when MOTS finally releases.

On 1/22/2021 at 10:30 PM, DJK said:

Updated list ?

Us Against the World
UFO (#2)
The Race
A View From the Too
A Ghost
Lukas
Lethal Drug / Love in a lethal dose
Tomorrow
Until the Water Flows Over
Rescue St
Life is Beautiful
Car Kids
So Sad

DJK wrote this list of unreleased songs that we want to be released. In my opinion, The Race is highly likely to be released on this album, possibly as a single. While significantly less likely than The Race, Lethal Drug is quite recent and wouldn't shock any of us if it is released on Music Of The Spheres. As for the other songs, I doubt any of them will be released on MOTS, if ever, but I'm sure we'd be pleased if they were. Car Kids likely became Charlie Brown, so we can probably get rid of that straight away, and Lukas was released by Natalie Imbruglia so that one can be taken off. There has been a discussion that I wasn't really paying attention to? about a new song called UFO (that may or may not be related to the UFO from Mylo Xyloto) and a new version of Us Against The World, also from MX.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16 hours ago, Doomotron said:

Alright, the hype train has officially left London Blackfriars station. We will be calling at baseless speculation, taking minor details too seriously, looking into things more than needed, and disappointment, where the train will divide. The front 25 members will call at eagerly waiting for the album to release, taking a day off work, and posting about the album as soon as it's released. The rear 25 members will calm down, calmly wait for the album and perhaps put a reminder on their phones. Please make sure you a travelling in the correct part of the train. The next station is baseless speculation. A buffet service of brand new information will be available on this train between baseless speculation and the first single. Thank you for travelling with Coldplaying.

It's time to get working on the track list! Currently we think there will be a single on the 7th of May called Higher Power - the name sounds like some sort of entity or being that controls us. Interesting...

Alien Radio is part of the promotion for the album, so I think it's safe to assume it's the name of one of the songs on the album.

• The Race (unconfirmed; a sensible guess)
  • Alien Radio
  • Higher Power
18 hours ago, the_escapist said:

The joy is electric and you're circuiting through, I'm so happy that I'm alive at the same time as you.

This is presumably lyrics to one of the songs on the album; I'd say Higher Power because it is supposedly the first single. It seems a bit like a chorus, but I could be and probably am wrong...

"The joy is electric and you're circuiting through ('through' in a higher note)

I'm so happy that I'm alive at the same time as you" (down a note at the end)

Alternatively, it could be the titles of songs on the album put into a sentence, which is a thing I see a lot in the YouTube comments section. Here are some ideas for that:

• The Joy Is Electric (or perhaps Electric Joy)
  • Circuit (?)
  • I'm So Happy (I'm Alive With You)
Edited by Doomotron
  • Like 1

Since Lethal Drug was leaked already, I don't see any point on releasing it, maybe they lost interest on that song a while ago... 

Phil said we would eventually get The Race, but what if it made it into the album as another song, with another name and lyrics? It was intended to be a single for GS, so if they rework it and like it, we might get it as well this time. Fingers crossed for the AHFOD film version!!!

Besides that, maybe they'll recycle old demos we are not aware of right now, plus all the new songs Chris is able to write. On every album, theres a low re-used demo ratio, for example, in Everyday Life, we know for sure we got at least two reworked demos (Arabesque and Bani Adam), three if we count in WOTW/POTP. So I guess MOTS will be mostly new pop-rock songs and a couple of "unsold ideas" from the past decade.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Jordanator said:

^^ agree but also Car Kids does not equal Charlie Brown. I’m pretty certain it’s a completely different song that may see the light of day yet

Actually, yes. Both Charlie Brown and Car Kids are separate songs. The Mylo Xyloto pop-up book contains proof of that, since both are listed as individual songs on a alleged setlist there...

Edited by MarckozZ
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, MarckozZ said:

Actually, yes. Both Charlie Brown and Car Kids are separate songs. The Mylo Xyloto pop-up book contains proof of that, since both are listed as individual songs on a alleged setlist there...

I was about to mention this because it proves that Car Kids and Charlie Brown are not the same song. There's some neat stuff in that pop-up book from what appears to be Chris's notebook.

http://www.coldplayzone.it/create-article/mylo-xyloto

Since there has been speculation about Music of the Spheres being related to Mylo Xyloto, I suppose any of the unreleased songs from the article might be candidates for LP9.

Don Quixote is mentioned once, but I suspect it may have evolved into a different song. Maybe it eventually turned into Life Is Beautiful? The similarities are uncanny.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

I was about to mention this because it proves that Car Kids and Charlie Brown are not the same song. There's some neat stuff in that pop-up book from what appears to be Chris's notebook.

http://www.coldplayzone.it/create-article/mylo-xyloto

Since there has been speculation about Music of the Spheres being related to Mylo Xyloto, I suppose any of the unreleased songs from the article might be candidates for LP9.

Don Quixote is mentioned once, but I suspect it may have evolved into a different song. Maybe it eventually turned into Life Is Beautiful? The similarities are uncanny.

We know they were planing at some point on doing a double album, and as this article says, it would've been called Mylo Xyloto 2 or Mylo Xylotwo. Is it possible they are revisiting that album now? Rescue St. seems to have been a finished song since they were considering it to be part of MX, as well as Car Kids, also a song called Tomorrow (maybe the same Tomorrow listed on an early Ghost Stories possible tracklist). They seem to be reworking old MX2 demos, since the guitar labeled as Rescue St. was being used on Chris' house maybe for practice! :O

Also, it's funny to see The Man Who Swears turned into Major Minus hahaha

Edited by MarckozZ
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, MarckozZ said:

We know they were planing at some point on doing a double album, and as this article says, it would've been called Mylo Xyloto 2 or Mylo Xylotwo. Is it possible they are revisiting that album now? Rescue St. seems to have been a finished song since they were considering it to be part of MX, as well as Car Kids, also a song called Tomorrow (maybe the same Tomorrow listed on an early Ghost Stories possible tracklist). They seem to be reworking old MX2 demos, since the guitar labeled as Rescue St. was being used on Chris' house maybe for practice! ?

I think that is totally plausible! Exciting times!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, MarckozZ said:

We know they were planing at some point on doing a double album, and as this article says, it would've been called Mylo Xyloto 2 or Mylo Xylotwo. Is it possible they are revisiting that album now? Rescue St. seems to have been a finished song since they were considering it to be part of MX, as well as Car Kids, also a song called Tomorrow (maybe the same Tomorrow listed on an early Ghost Stories possible tracklist). They seem to be reworking old MX2 demos, since the guitar labeled as Rescue St. was being used on Chris' house maybe for practice! :O

You may be onto something... I had no idea about Rescue St. before I saw this article. And there are a ton of songs toward the very beginning of the article... I think Great Expectations can be disregarded because the article says it turned into UFO. But the others, especially Car Kids and Up On A Wire, might still be around.

MC Squared is interesting because you can see it all throughout Chris's notes. Hypnofeed is interesting because back in the day, it was the name of a part of Coldplay.com. You could submit random video clips (within reason, so nothing offensive) and if you were lucky, the website would feature it for a little while.

https://web.archive.org/web/20121014083512/http://coldplay.com/hypnofeedupload.php

11 hours ago, dxm3557 said:

All I wanna is a bunch of synthwave 80s songs, atmospheric and spacial themed just like The Weeknd's After Hours, Dua Lipa's Future Nostalgia and even Miley Cyrus' Plastic Hearts

I'd love to hear Coldplay tackle synthwave, similar to what Muse did with their Simulation Theory album. Imagine a song with synthesizers that sound like something out of a Depeche Mode song. Or an A-ha song, since the members of Coldplay are huge A-ha fans.

• Like 1

The content of this post will also be added to the OP, as will any other posts I make of this nature.

So with the discussion about Us Against The World on the main forum, here's a list of the songs that are likely to be on MOTS:

• The Race
  • Us Against The World

This list will be gradually updated over time. When the final track list is released, I'll do a comparison of the anticipated songs vs the actual track list.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Doomotron said:

The content of this post will also be added to the OP, as will any other posts I make of this nature.

So with the discussion about Us Against The World on the main forum, here's a list of the songs that are likely to be on MOTS:

• The Race
  • Us Against The World

This list will be gradually updated over time. When the final track list is released, I'll do a comparison of the anticipated songs vs the actual track list.

Don't forget the new U.F.O. as well

• Like 5

I came across this old video and it's the only place outside of Chris's notes in the MX pop-up book and one of Chris's guitars from 2020 where Rescue St. is mentioned. Unless the band has had a change of heart, I think it's safe to say that the a cappella bit in Rescue St. is gone. ? I'm very intrigued about what it sounds like.

They start talking about a cappella music at 1:43 and Chris mentions Rescue St.

And now I see where people are getting the idea that Rescue St. could actually show up on MOTS. Why would one of Chris's guitars have been labeled "Rescue St." if he wasn't working on it?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Doomotron said:

• The Race
  • Us Against The World

don't forget that each Coldplay album has the title track, so it's safe to say that one of the tracks will probably be Music of the Spheres, so a possible tracklisting could be:

- The Race

- Us Against the World

- Rescue St.

- UFO

- Music of the Spheres

Also interesting to see where stuff like Mylo and Viva Deportes would be. In Chris' notebook it also mentions other songs like Lela, Car Kids, and Rex.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheBigBadBono said:

don't forget that each Coldplay album has the title track, so it's safe to say that one of the tracks will probably be Music of the Spheres, so a possible tracklisting could be:

- The Race

- Us Against the World

- Rescue St.

- UFO

- Music of the Spheres

Also interesting to see where stuff like Mylo and Viva Deportes would be. In Chris' notebook it also mentions other songs like Lela, Car Kids, and Rex.

Not necessarily. Ghost Stories got its title track on an EP, and music of the Spheres doesn't seem like a name that would work with a song. I'll add it anyway though.

13 hours ago, dxm3557 said:

Don't forget the new U.F.O. as well

Noted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• The Race
  • UFO (new version or new song)

Is UFO a new song or updated version of the old one?

Edited by Doomotron

8 hours ago, Doomotron said:

Not necessarily. Ghost Stories got its title track on an EP, and music of the Spheres doesn't seem like a name that would work with a song. I'll add it anyway though.

Well... neither does Mylo Xyloto but that did become a short instrumental. They could defy tradition and not have a song called Music of the Spheres, but it's quite unlikely.

8 hours ago, Doomotron said:

Is UFO a new song or updated version of the old one?

It's a new song. Starting at 2:45, Chris talks about it as if it's a separate song. Maybe, if they end up releasing this other UFO, this will be another case like Miracles and Miracles (Someone Special) where they slightly alter the title just so people don't get confused.

• Like 1

Macadamu 

Rescue Street

UFO

Music of the Spheres

The Race might be on it but that would be a world first after it had already been released last year. Somehow I don't think it'll make it in this iteration anyway. But I'm sure the band will surprise us -> as always!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 7:34 AM, Doomotron said:

• The Race
  • UFO (possibly a new song)

This list will be gradually updated over time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So since Music Of The Spheres is pretty much as confirmed as it has ever been, I thought I'd move the discussion of the track list into its own thread. Here we can speculate about what songs will be included, how they might sound, and finally discuss the final songs when MOTS finally releases.

DJK wrote this list of unreleased songs that we want to be released. In my opinion, The Race is highly likely to be released on this album, possibly as a single. While significantly less likely than The Race, Lethal Drug is quite recent and wouldn't shock any of us if it is released on Music Of The Spheres. As for the other songs, I doubt any of them will be released on MOTS, if ever, but I'm sure we'd be pleased if they were. Car Kids likely became Charlie Brown, so we can probably get rid of that straight away, and Lukas was released by Natalie Imbruglia so that one can be taken off. There has been a discussion that I wasn't really paying attention to? about a new song called UFO (that may or may not be related to the UFO from Mylo Xyloto) and a new version of Us Against The World, also from MX.

• Like 1

I'm convinced that Car Kids and Charlie Brown are 2 different songs. As @MarckozZ and @42Escapist mentioned earlier, the notes from the Chris' notebook prove it!

Some of Car Kids' lyrics (maybe?) could (still) be:

''I don't need the feed''

''Show(?) to make it twisted lettering''

''No power to the tower''

CMNotebookMX.PNG.65d0530861fab47ce6324fb0ae2098f0.PNG

Chris also wrote down the unofficial setlist for MX including some of the songs we now know as the b-sides, such as MTM (Moving To Mars). So back then, Car Kids was a candidate for the album and was listed as the 5th track (of 14) on MX right after Charlie Brown in his notebook.

CmNotebookMX2.PNG.93459128f9b0716850c58b2e67100208.PNG

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 3

There's also something in Chris' notebook I really enjoyed reading. The little things and the way Chris writes about the others is so fun to read! This is from the ''Paradise work'' page

CMNotebookMX3.PNG.eb3e4f7ca3d0b6f3a4ebe9bf72e58c92.PNG

''Bring in

: Guy magic

: Jonny magic''

That's just so Chris.... And so true!!! Made me smile while reading it :grin:

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 2

On 2/9/2021 at 9:19 AM, MarckozZ said:

Since Lethal Drug was leaked already, I don't see any point on releasing it, maybe they lost interest on that song a while ago... 

Phil said we would eventually get The Race, but what if it made it into the album as another song, with another name and lyrics? It was intended to be a single for GS, so if they rework it and like it, we might get it as well this time. Fingers crossed for the AHFOD film version!!!

Besides that, maybe they'll recycle old demos we are not aware of right now, plus all the new songs Chris is able to write. On every album, theres a low re-used demo ratio, for example, in Everyday Life, we know for sure we got at least two reworked demos (Arabesque and Bani Adam), three if we count in WOTW/POTP. So I guess MOTS will be mostly new pop-rock songs and a couple of "unsold ideas" from the past decade.

Where does one listen to Lethal Drug, and do I want to do that??

Yes, the original leak is still on youtube. Not encouraging downloading unreleased songs from the internet but... https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6040109748 its missing a lot of stuff but I downloaded the content and listen to it with the rest of my coldplay playlist. i got it from this forum actually, and my favorite unreleased song is Ladder To The Sun (as you can tell from my pfp i have a soft spot for x&y) closely followed by bloodless revolution.

Edit: Full credit for the unreleased songs linked here goes to Admirice. Big thanks to them for gathering and sharing all these amazing resources. ?

Edited by hamblingreen
Crediting