✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🌕 Coldplay: Moon Music 🌕 | Music of the Spheres vol ii | Discussion

Doomotron

Wow this is very very promising and I hope it ends up being Moon Music song for sure. I have a prediction but will put it in spoilers in case others haven't seen some of the rumor mill about the potential tracklisting. 

Spoiler

My prediction is this is going to be the track "Man in the Moon" and/or "Moon Music."

Assuming the emoji motif continues the first track "Moon Music" could be a moon emoji intro similar to Music of the Spheres. Then that could give way to this awesome piano rock intro to the album -- the real first song. Basically it's the band making a statement that they are cleaning the slate and delivering an epic opening to the album that fades out and gives way to the more single/pop songs on Moon Music we're expecting: Jupiter, Good Feelings. 

Of coures, it could totally be a random song later in the tracklisting or just a jam session we never hear again, but there's something about the way the songs energy builds and crescendos that feels like it would be a natural transition from Coloratura to introduce a different more instrumental sounding album. They could also play the song live as an intro to their concerts before Higher Power as a way to get the crowd super warmed up and hyped since it feels inspirational and big. 

Edited by lennyrott1

I noticed some comment on Twitter from someone who was apparently working on stadium and they they suggested it was just Coldplay's crew doing soundcheck. I'm not sure what to believe. Would be funny if the whole fandom was fooled by that.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

3 minutes ago, CP-EST said:

I noticed some comment on Twitter from someone who was apparently working on stadium and they they suggested it was just Coldplay's crew doing soundcheck. I'm not sure what to believe. Would be funny if the whole fandom was fooled by that.

If that's true, this bunch of crewmembers need to start a band ASAP.

Jokes aside though. If it is just crewmembers, which I doubt, we would have heard much more of these types of jams, with a lot more rumours about potential new songs. Lots of setlists from this tour on setlist.fm have some soundcheck songs listed. There might of course be a chance that the band was running late for whatever reason, and they asked crewmembers to do soundcheck. I believe I've seen crewmembers playing instruments on stage, but never with sound coming out of the speakers. Presumably just checking tuning and signal reception when walking around the stage.

5 hours ago, CP-EST said:

In a second video Chris can be heard doing some vocals to that same song. Nevertheless it sound amazing and it intrigs me to what moon music could sound like 

Edited by amazingnico
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BerheavedTripod8 said:

According to setlist.fm, the unknown song was played again during soundcheck today.

Yes, same song heard again during soundcheck today. There were some recordings from the fans in queue outside the stadium like yesterday.

I've just listened to it on Twitter. It sounds quite ghostly. I get the comparisons to Death and All His Friends' ending. If the soundcheck isn't us being fooled by muffled sound and it sounds as good or better it will certainly be an interesting listen,

It's worth noting that there is a distinct possibility that the song just doesn't sound that good once/if we get a studio version. We prayed for years for a studio-quality version of the AHFOD version of The Race to be found and once we found it, it just didn't sound as epic and energetic as we'd been lead by the bad documentary recordings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BerheavedTripod8 said:

Any more (discernable) lyrics this time around?

Haven't made out any lyrics. At least a few clips I heard are so echoey, could barely hear the vocals and vocal melody. I guess we need the official release or live debut for lyrics.

So after the weekend they have a tour break for 4 months. Perfect time to finish the album and release the first single at the beginning of May, also with an album announcement and launch in September. Also the 4 month break is perfect to change a little bit in stage design and something like this. From the beginning of the European leg we will hear new Music at the tour and a new setlist and a little bit of other stage design. Also I think Chris said there will be a big visual effect at the concerts this year. Until today we didn't see that also. 

So that's my theory.  What's yours?

• Like 1

Considering a few things, I'm actually having one quite optimistic theory. Indeed, it's going to be a break for 4 months, but then they will basically tour for the whole European summer until there is almost 2 months break in September-October. If the album is going to be released in September, Moon Music release campaign should start going quite soon and these 4 months can't involve any more heavy writing and recording sessions for the album. Album must be already in tracklist confirmation, mixing and mastering stages.

Explanation:

Because Moon Music doesn't seem a lowkey release like Ghost Stories and Everyday Life were, I'm seeing this 4 months gap now should be mainly used to start some promo and finally coming out to general public and interviews again etc, otherwise they just stay inside their own fan bubble. To use this time effectively, it means that single or some announcement should come out much earlier than in May, at least in March. There is a few tiny little things, which added together would support the theory. For example ColdplayXtra having Moon Music fan artwork competion, with "Winners likely to be announced before March 3rd". At first it seems like a random thing, but I don't think the timing of this competition is random, there must have been some hint from Coldplay management, because they have some connections. Also, for example Brit Awards is on March 2nd, I would imagine it's a great place to perform something new.

Basically the schedule would be something like: lead single and announcement in March, some more promo, tv appearances + videos etc in following months. Maybe 1-2 more songs will be either released or played during European leg this summer - the show definitely should start receiving some upgrades. At least one big single together with album release in September or October. Then they announce some new tour dates for 2025.

This is my Moon Music theory, which probably is going to be wrong again, but I'll see soon enough. 😆

• Like 3

Don't know if this means anything. Check out Dakota Johnsons Instagram. She just posted a reel about something coming March 1. The reel has a moon and she mentions a video. Maybe a music video for an upcoming single?

12 hours ago, Stanz2500 said:

Don't know if this means anything. Check out Dakota Johnsons Instagram. She just posted a reel about something coming March 1. The reel has a moon and she mentions a video. Maybe a music video for an upcoming single?

Just speaking generally, March 1st is a Friday and that’s usually when music comes out. It could make sense. :thinking:

• Wow 1

On 2/2/2024 at 1:05 PM, CP-EST said:

Considering a few things, I'm actually having one quite optimistic theory. Indeed, it's going to be a break for 4 months, but then they will basically tour for the whole European summer until there is almost 2 months break in September-October. If the album is going to be released in September, Moon Music release campaign should start going quite soon and these 4 months can't involve any more heavy writing and recording sessions for the album. Album must be already in tracklist confirmation, mixing and mastering stages.

Explanation:

Because Moon Music doesn't seem a lowkey release like Ghost Stories and Everyday Life were, I'm seeing this 4 months gap now should be mainly used to start some promo and finally coming out to general public and interviews again etc, otherwise they just stay inside their own fan bubble. To use this time effectively, it means that single or some announcement should come out much earlier than in May, at least in March. There is a few tiny little things, which added together would support the theory. For example ColdplayXtra having Moon Music fan artwork competion, with "Winners likely to be announced before March 3rd". At first it seems like a random thing, but I don't think the timing of this competition is random, there must have been some hint from Coldplay management, because they have some connections. Also, for example Brit Awards is on March 2nd, I would imagine it's a great place to perform something new.

Basically the schedule would be something like: lead single and announcement in March, some more promo, tv appearances + videos etc in following months. Maybe 1-2 more songs will be either released or played during European leg this summer - the show definitely should start receiving some upgrades. At least one big single together with album release in September or October. Then they announce some new tour dates for 2025.

This is my Moon Music theory, which probably is going to be wrong again, but I'll see soon enough. 😆

It makes a lot of sense, and also I think it´s not gonna happen because it sounds too good/soon to be true...😅

But that thing from Dakota´s instagram... What if...?

Regarding the song that was sound-checked:

- It could be “Jupiter” since the name also recently appeared on their equipment.

- It could be “One World” since it seems to be in the exact same key.

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, JustSomeone said:

Regarding the song that was sound-checked:

- It could be “Jupiter” since the name also recently appeared on their equipment.

- It could be “One World” since it seems to be in the exact same key.

Thoughts?

I like this thought. It would make sense that it's Jupiter because they had the Labeled guitar. Maybe preparing for MV shoot?

• Like 1

How can you say that if we don´t know which song it is?

On 2/9/2024 at 7:02 AM, Ant ICE said:

Jupiter definitely single worthy (Possibly first) and then Good Feelings as the big hit one with Chainsmokers.

On 1/31/2024 at 8:16 PM, Doomotron said:

I've just listened to it on Twitter. It sounds quite ghostly. I get the comparisons to Death and All His Friends' ending. If the soundcheck isn't us being fooled by muffled sound and it sounds as good or better it will certainly be an interesting listen,

It's worth noting that there is a distinct possibility that the song just doesn't sound that good once/if we get a studio version. We prayed for years for a studio-quality version of the AHFOD version of The Race to be found and once we found it, it just didn't sound as epic and energetic as we'd been lead by the bad documentary recordings.

Sounded epic to me though