🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

🌙 Coldplay: Moon Music 🎵 | Out October 4th | Discussion

Doomotron

On 6/20/2024 at 6:24 PM, WaddleBurr said:

for me it was a 9.5/10. It was amazing!

8/10 in reverse for me. Pretty good 🌙

PS: Moon Music giving me GS vibes, like a cousin to it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, The Philosopher said:

If the rainbow thing ends up being the real name of a song, it's obvious that this one is the colour song (how can anybody haven't thought about that?). It's just this time they were too lazy to decide about a concrete colour, so they just decide to put a few in one🌈

Just like they did someway with Coloratura.

Or maybe the rainbow will be split in a few colour songs.

The white board had the rainbow symbol next to 3 songs 

Neon forest 

Angel song 

M.U.S.I.C  

I don't know how this track will play out

12 minutes ago, Galal said:

The white board had the rainbow symbol next to 3 songs 

Neon forest 

Angel song 

M.U.S.I.C  

I don't know how this track will play out

Maybe they'll play it as a medley, a la The Beatles' Abbey Road, grouped under the rainbow symbol?

Following the single I don't see how Moon Music is going to sound drastically different than MOTS but I hope I am wrong. With Newplay, even if I don't entirely vibe with all the songs, I can at least acknowledge the production and style are unique to each era. 

The fact they have allegedly put so much money and time behind Moon Music which may only be 10 tracks is interesting to me especially because they are still working with Max Martin and it's been a pretty normal album gap of 2021-2024.

It sets an expectation that they are cooking something different only to drop a song with fairly similar production to their last album. FLIFL does have a certain airy-ness and softness to it that makes me think this album could be like Ghost Stories, but as a single it feels like a very safe tease. It could be the only song on the album with this feel and I do think it could mean the album has many alt tracks which is exciting.

3 hours ago, lennyrott1 said:

Following the single I don't see how Moon Music is going to sound drastically different than MOTS but I hope I am wrong. With Newplay, even if I don't entirely vibe with all the songs, I can at least acknowledge the production and style are unique to each era. 

The fact they have allegedly put so much money and time behind Moon Music which may only be 10 tracks is interesting to me especially because they are still working with Max Martin and it's been a pretty normal album gap of 2021-2024.

It sets an expectation that they are cooking something different only to drop a song with fairly similar production to their last album. FLIFL does have a certain airy-ness and softness to it that makes me think this album could be like Ghost Stories, but as a single it feels like a very safe tease. It could be the only song on the album with this feel and I do think it could mean the album has many alt tracks which is exciting.

I'd quite like a Ghost Stories part two to be honest. It's one of the Coldplay albums I go back to the most, alongside Mylo Xyloto. I think their best album is Viva La Vida when it comes to quality, but there are songs on the other two albums that keep dragging me back. The again, I absolutely love Life in Technicolor, Lovers in Japan and Death and All His Friends as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

it is crazy to me how little attention all my love is getting. it sounds so so beautiful!! of course we have only heard chris version of it, but wow if people doubt whether we care then all you need to do is watch the performance of that. chris gives it his everything. flifil didn't get me tbh, i much prefer higher power, but all my love, good feelings soundcheck and one world snippet all have me very excited for the album. i think people forget too, chris is a massive hippie ever since ghost stories, so if you ever watch an interview he talks about following the muse a lot and just trusting his intuition. for me, this can bring up massive highs (everyday life) or mixed results (mots). but what i respect is the earnestness, the love and the devotion he puts into everything he is doing. even if some of the songs (like flifil) dont connect with me, i cannot argue against them or start berating the band. this is the honest intention they are following, and as someone who has been deeply affected by their existence, all i can say is i show my absolute love and respect to whatever they are doing.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

flifil is 7/10 for me, not a bad song at all, but this one is generally coldplay-esque, and nothing about it is really surprising. I am looking however very much forward to the album because even on MOTS, there were some really great songs (not necessarily singles). 

• Like 1

Just wanted to rescue a previous post of mine from a little more than 2 years and a half ago:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora

"Most of the planets in the Solar System, some natural satellites, brown dwarfs, and even comets also host auroras".

"Colors and wavelengths of auroral light:Edit

• Red: At its highest altitudes, excited atomic oxygen emits at 630 nm (red); low concentration of atoms and lower sensitivity of eyes at this wavelength make this color visible only under more intense solar activity. The low number of oxygen atoms and their gradually diminishing concentration is responsible for the faint appearance of the top parts of the "curtains". Scarlet, crimson, and carmine are the most often-seen hues of red for the auroras.
  • Green: At lower altitudes, the more frequent collisions suppress the 630 nm (red) mode: rather the 557.7 nm emission (green) dominates. A fairly high concentration of atomic oxygen and higher eye sensitivity in green make green auroras the most common. The excited molecular nitrogen (atomic nitrogen being rare due to the high stability of the N2 molecule) plays a role here, as it can transfer energy by collision to an oxygen atom, which then radiates it away at the green wavelength. (Red and green can also mix together to produce pink or yellow hues.) The rapid decrease of concentration of atomic oxygen below about 100 km is responsible for the abrupt-looking end of the lower edges of the curtains. Both the 557.7 and 630.0 nm wavelengths correspond to forbidden transitions of atomic oxygen, a slow mechanism responsible for the graduality (0.7 s and 107 s respectively) of flaring and fading.
  • Blue: At yet lower altitudes, atomic oxygen is uncommon, and molecular nitrogen and ionized molecular nitrogen take over in producing visible light emission, radiating at a large number of wavelengths in both red and blue parts of the spectrum, with 428 nm (blue) being dominant. Blue and purple emissions, typically at the lower edges of the "curtains", show up at the highest levels of solar activity.[23] The molecular nitrogen transitions are much faster than the atomic oxygen ones.
  • Ultraviolet: Ultraviolet radiation from auroras (within the optical window but not visible to virtually all[clarification needed]humans) has been observed with the requisite equipment. Ultraviolet auroras have also been seen on Mars,[24] Jupiter and Saturn.
  • Infrared: Infrared radiation, in wavelengths that are within the optical window, is also part of many auroras.[24][25]
  • Yellow and pink are a mix of red and green or blue. Other shades of red, as well as orange, may be seen on rare occasions; yellow-green is moderately common.[clarification needed] As red, green, and blue are the primary colors of additive synthesis of colors, in theory, practically any color might be possible, but the ones mentioned in this article comprise a virtually exhaustive list".

"There is a color differential with altitude; at high altitudes oxygen red dominates, then oxygen green and nitrogen blue/purple/red, then finally nitrogen blue/purple/red when collisions prevent oxygen from emitting anything. Green is the most common color. Then comes pink, a mixture of light green and red, followed by pure red, then yellow (a mixture of red and green), and finally, pure blue".

"Both Jupiter and Saturn have magnetic fields that are stronger than Earth's (Jupiter's equatorial field strength is 4.3 Gauss, compared to 0.3 Gauss for Earth), and both have extensive radiation belts. Auroras have been observed on both gas planets, most clearly using the Hubble Space Telescope, and the Cassini and Galileo spacecraft, as well as on Uranus and Neptune".

That with the line of Coloratura line "the purple, yellow, green, red, orange and the blue", has to have some connection with the 🌈 (considering that these colours are also the rainbow colours).

• Love 1

On 6/19/2024 at 10:04 PM, Lunarida said:

Here is an updated version of both lists by the way after input from several of you (thanks!):

1. Moon Music
2. Feels Like I'm Falling in Love
3. Jupiter
4. Good Feelings
5. [...]
6. [...] 🌈
7. We Pray
8. Aeterna/M.u.s.i.c.
9. Feels Like I'm Falling in Love pt. 2
10. All My Love
11. One World 1🌎

• Aeterna (?)
  • Aiko (?)
  • A Wave
  • Man in the Moon (?)
  • Love (?)
  • I'm a [...] ♡ [...]
  • M.u.s.i.c
  • We Pray
  • Luna

That would explain this

I’m a […] 

is I’m a Mount<3in 

presumably a heart for the a is what I'm guessing

and since a heart is one of the symbols for the album, it may be on there.

Now I wonder what song the last symbol represents...

Edited by HowCouldIForget
  • Like 2