Army of One

JM-42

Life is for Living
Coldplayer
So is sort of a Princess of China deal here? The acoustic version is far superior than the one we got on MX.

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
^ I think that is a decent comparison! So long as the acoustic version has a new vocal track :) I like the instrumental acoustic PoC but they literally just remixed the original vocal track to soft music and it is very off!

I hope they have a version of Army of One with Chris on Piano, Guy on Mandolin, Jonny on Slide Guitar, Will on acoustic guitar.

LeftrightleftArchi

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
I made a Tour version of Army Of One. I tried my best to replicate the new synth vocal sounds at the beginning by using the DIY acapella by ColdplayKB. I also used the fan audio from the concert. Any1 interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xylobryte7

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I made a Tour version of Army Of One. I tried my best to replicate the new synth vocal sounds at the beginning by using the DIY acapella by ColdplayKB. I also used the fan audio from the concert. Any1 interested?

I'd like to hear it!

42JTR

Watching my life on the skyline
Coldplayer

Me too!

guy42

Warm Player
Coldplayer
I've been really into this song lately. It's so full of happiness. It's sort of a love song that doesn't sound like a love song. Amazing.

Gideon_Mx

Everyone sees the colour in each other's eyes
Coldplayer
It's so full of happiness. It's sort of a love song that doesn't sound like a love song. Amazing.
Agreed.
It's quite underrated (by most of fans) don't you think? I know this melody repeats itself over and over again but it's so addicting to listen to it and it's full of happiness, just like you said. And in my opinion, this is a song that is really building up towards the end which is also full of guitarriffs. You know what I mean?:)

MosesTheMarshmallow

Coldplayer
Thoughts:

I really think this song's final mix is either under produced or overproduced. Why?

So these covers are stripped versions with pianos--and they are AMAZING! The melody is great, the piano makes it far more meaningful and uplifting rather than the thumping drums and uninteresting organ. These covers feel more Coldplay than the actual song.

The live version performed at Buenos Aires is also really awesome because Jonny is allowed to play around with his guitar--and they weren't afraid to add extra synth sounds into the mix. The studio version with this free style guitar jam would be infinitely better.

My last word is this: I really hope we eventually get a Army of One Single that includes alternative mixes or perhaps an acoustic version. I think of all the AHFOD tracks, it would have the best acoustic version--would feel very X&Y.
Yeah! Jonny's guitar on the live version is amazing. I can't tell if those lines are even on the album version at all. Especially during the choruses...there are just so many notes. :)

There are also extra vocal samples being used in the live version. Guy (who I think is manually triggering the bass and vocal samples live) plays a bunch of random Chris-voice noises during the intro and the quiet bit in the middle and it just adds a LOT of character.

guy42

Warm Player
Coldplayer
Yeah! Jonny's guitar on the live version is amazing. I can't tell if those lines are even on the album version at all. Especially during the choruses...there are just so many notes. :)

There are also extra vocal samples being used in the live version. Guy (who I think is manually triggering the bass and vocal samples live) plays a bunch of random Chris-voice noises during the intro and the quiet bit in the middle and it just adds a LOT of character.
I'll have to check this out!

Gideon_Mx

Everyone sees the colour in each other's eyes
Coldplayer
I heard the Chris-voice noises haha, and Jonny's guitar from 2:36 to 3:03 gives life to that part of the song!
Jonny elevates every single song !

L

LiquidSky

what is the background vocals that he is saying? Anybody ever figured it out?

Because I keep singing "going down, going down, going down ohhh I'm going down" only because I've heard a similar tune from his older live version but can't see to remember for which song...

Anyway, months later, I think the this song is the strongest along with Birds and of course AOAL

MosesTheMarshmallow

Coldplayer
Wow I just relistened to the album version and have now noticed all the guitar parts from the live version. I guarantee you they are all there. They just very...very...VERY quiet.

MosesTheMarshmallow

Coldplayer
I feel like in several instances the album version lead guitar parts are just liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit quieter than they should be. I guess their artistic ear wanted to prioritize other things but................................ (though to correct my earlier statement, Jonny does not play guitar in the intro of Army of One as he does in the live version - cool intro!)
-A couple of the guitar bits in AHFOD, such as the part that matches the vocal part on "a head full of dreams"
-Guitar parts in HFTW
-The guitar parts in Everglow
-Guitar parts in Army of One (especially the chorus)