✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

07-Sep-2009 - Parc des Princes, Paris - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

OMG :stunned: I didn't see this banner!! I saw the one you showed at Chris at the end since I was behind you but not the 'loulous' one!! (I should have deposed a copyright for that nickname :lol: )

Could you take a pic of your banner for me pleaaaaase.....??? :kiss:

Here it is:

IMG_1415.jpg

I guess Chris smiled at the "See you @ Wembley" part as I'm sure they didn't understand "Loulous" :lol:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great article!

I'm also trying to find some on the internet...

I found this pretty good video (I still have goosebumps hearing the intro with the Blue Danube...):

[ame=http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xafpae_coldplay-parc-des-princes-lundi-7-s_music]Dailymotion - Coldplay parc des princes lundi 7 septembre 2009 - une vidéo Musique@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/xafpae_coldplay@@AMEPARAM@@xafpae_coldplay[/ame]

Here it is:

IMG_1415.jpg

I guess Chris smiled at the "See you @ Wembley" part as I'm sure they didn't understand "Loulous" :lol:

OH ANNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, you're an angel!!! :kiss:

It's LEGEN-wait for it -DARY!!!! This banner is awesome!!! I save this pic right away, it's too good!!!!

It was fun making the banners I must say!!

I'm uploading my VLV video at the moment... I replaced my crappy sound with Stephan's!

Did you see his videos? (cuuliem on yt)

They're great! A nice way of living through it again.

And I really hope we'll get a blog from "Mille-heure" about the concert...

Two others reviews (good ones this time) on Les Inrocks

The first is responding to the insulting one posted before and is quite funny XD

http://www.lesinrocks.com/musique/musique-article/t/1252419961/article/non-coldplay-nest-pas-un-groupe-en-plastique/

(I totally agree with him on the part that said that CP is THE band that everybody like to bash for no good reasons...)

The other one:

http://www.lesinrocks.com/musique/musique-article/t/1252419961/article/on-y-etait-le-parc-dattraction-de-coldplay/

I laugh at that one:

la grâce sait reprendre ses droits par instants, notamment sur un Fix You à la conclusion magistrale, ou une version au piano de The Hardest Part à foutre la chair de poule à un roadie de Mass Hysteria

:laugh3:

(translation: they did a piano version of the Hardest part which could have give goosebumps to a Mass Hysteria's roadie ) XDDD

Hey there :) This is my first attempt at a Coldplay concert review, so don't be too harsh on me :D I wish I could've met some of you guys there, but things were kind of hectic for me since I was trying to see as much of Paris as possible and was also trying to keep up with my parents' plans :P

So here goes nothing...

I'll start with the obvious which is: INCREDIBLE, AWESOME, FANTASTIC

I had a seats ticket somewhere near the back cause those were the only ones left in may when i bought mine. I arrived there at 7, just in time for Bat For Lashes. Man, i was the only one in my section to sing along to their songs!!

Than Flaming Lips came - AMAZING band, they did a great job with the warm-up the lead singer was very talkative - lovely fellow after FL finished their part, the waiting began I was in the second row, so close to the standing area i kept thinking: "Hmm, maybe I should jump and go there in the crowd, no one would notice " But then I saw these two not so friendly guys from the security around and I was like: "Hmm, maybe not " :D

Before hearing Magnificent i would check the clock every 2 seconds i couldn't wait for Coldplay to take the stage!!!!!! We started the mexican wave, and then came Magnificent and again i was basically screaming my lungs out :D Wayne, the dancing roadie was next and although I was pretty far away from the stage, i had an awesome view to that catwalk or whatever it's called on Jonny's side. Finally, The Blue Danube!!!!! i started moving my arms in the air in rythm and clapping and everything. I was so glad people around me were finally getting in the gig mood :rolleyes:

Next thing I know -*screams**screams**screams* - the moment I had been eagerly waiting for all day finally arrived. Everything went crazy from then on.

I was singing along - no, you can't call 'singing' what i was doing there, it was something more like screaming my lungs out :laugh3:- and enjoying every second. i couldn't believe that i was actually there!!! During Yellow i got to touch one of those Yellow balloons - priceless moment! Fix You was unforgettable - it was pretty odd at the beginning because, once again, I was one of the few in my in the section to sing. So, where was i? Oh, yeah, i was singing.. not so loud at the beginning, but after a few seconds i was like: "Why should I care?" and I went insane!!!

The Hardest Part and Postcards from far away were great!

Chris is so sweet when he speaks French which reminds me of the c-stage. He explained in French how to do the Coldwave and then sang Billie Jean. This time, the whole stadium went crazy and sang along - it was unbelievable!!!

During the Viva interlude, I couldn't help thinking that it wouldn't be long until everything came to an end. It was the best night of my life and I would have liked it to last for ever.

Politik was insane - it's seems surreal when you listen to it live. Lovers In Japan made everything even better - the butterflies were breath-taking. I was thinking of how i would be able to get past those security guys and grab some at the end :D.

After DAAOHF a lot of people supposed the gig was over, and I could see some leaving. - ignorants :P. We continued to applaud and ask for more, some of us singing the "Oooooh" others just screaming Coldplay. And of course they came back. Chris sat at the piano and began to sing The Scientist. I think i almost cried, it was perfect Then the sad news about the LRLRL album came. Chris said that the police hadn't given them permission to distribute the album at the end and we were like: "oh come on, you've got to be kidding", but then he explained that we would be able to get the from fnac.

Then they played Life In Technicolor ii and sadly it ended.

I rushed to the two security guys and begged them to let me pick some butterflies. They were a few meters away, I just had to make a few steps and I would have grabbed a bunch a them, but those chaps were idiots!!! I begged them, and begged them I was close to kneeling in front of them just for a few "papillions" but no - "Ce n'est pas possible". I was backed by a few other people and finally, one of them said he would bring us some. He came back with a few and gave each one of us a butterfly. It was nice of him, but I wanted more :(. Unfortunately, there wasn't much I could do about it so I left with just one butterfly. On the street it was so crowded, but it felt incredible! So many Coldplayers in one place!!! At one point my father said pointing to

the street: "Hey, aren't those the butterflies you wanted?". I screamed

"YEEEESSSS!" and rushed to get some. Many of them were really in bad shape, but I managed to take like 10 - 15 :D

The subway was totally over crowded! We were like tons of sardines squeezed together :D Coldplay sardines (I want to feel again like a Coldplay sardine :rolleyes: ) The best part of the after-gig moments was there at the subway when we started to sing the "Ooooooh" :D I just couldn't stop smiling and singing - the perfect end for a perfect night :D

Hope you enjoyed it :D Thanks to all of you for the awesome pics :)

^Awesome review Nadi ! Seems like you had an amazing time and went as crazy as us front row :P

Merci :kiss: elle est ultra courte mais j'étais tellement prise par l'émotion que j'ai arrêté de filmer pour savourer....

+1... S'ils la font à Wembley, je me transforme en fontaine, c'est sur....C'est la chanson qui a tout démarré pour moi donc grosse émotion...

You're my fellow fountain XD

Trouble est probablement devenue ma chanson préférée, j'exige qu'ils la jouent à Wembley ! :D

MAIS QUEL GROS CONNARD CE MEC!!!!! Désolée, mais quand je lis ça:

Ca se voit que le mec ne connait rien à ce groupe....Franchement dire qu'on laisse des idiots pareils écrire des articles alors qu'ils ne connaissent visiblement RIEN du sujet, ça me dégoute!!

C'est n'importe quoi, ça se voit trop qu'il ne connait pas du tout Chris, qui pour moi est resté presque aussi humble qu'à leurs débuts !

Les 2 autres reviews que tu as postées sont mieux, et c'est totalement vrai que les gens les prennent pour cibles parce qu'ils sont "gentils" justement :dozey:

Oh yes, that was so wonderful when he smiled at it ! :wacky:

During which song did it happen ?

Thank you for your review Nadi ! ;)

I also tried to pick up some butterflies in the streets, but they were really in bad shape :p

Yes, the metro was sooo crowded! But now I also remember, I was waiting on the platform, and when the train entered into the station, the people that were already inside were singing the "Oooooh"! :lol:

Hey there :) This is my first attempt at a Coldplay concert review, so don't be too harsh on me :D
Nice review!!

Glad you enjoyed it and got at least a few butterflies! :dance:

Oh yes, that was so wonderful when he smiled at it ! :wacky:

During which song did it happen ?

Must've been Clocks :)

Where are your pics?? :whip:

I know I know... I just don't have time, I came back home at 8h30pm and I have to go to the hospital at 6am tomorrow :\

Anyway I'll try to post them tomorrow afternoon !

But I thought he was in front of us when he saw them ? Bc during Clocks he's always at his piano right ?

Goodnight !