✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Important information for overseas Coldplayers with tickets to the Summer Stadium Gigs

Mimixxx

yeah spose :P

I hope my manchester tickets come today, if they want a signature on delivery then bring them to me when I'm in :idea2:

my experience with those "signature on delivery" types is that they ALWAYS choose to drop by during normal working hours. & some will only do a re-delivery during working hours. :rolleyes:

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm bored of receiving emails from Ticketmaster telling me "Your tickets will be dispatched closer to the date of the event.".

No shit. Just email me when you've sent the fuckers out. :dozey:

Knowing ticketmaster you will get the tickets a good couple days before they send an email out saying they have been posted :P

At least Seetickets have reduced their use of SMS delivery instead using royal mail special delivery, so instead of waiting in all day for the man in a car to drop by, cos their depot is a closely guarded secret, you get the regular postman to sign for them or if it's an irregular postman who drops a "when you were out card" get your neighbour to pick them up on his way out of work.

I don't take fools gladly and unfortunately Ticketmaster are FOOLS! :D

Yes, definitely agree on that! What's up with the UK? We don't have this problem in the US. Well, they better send in enough time since we paid extra international fees for that. At least you live over there!

Is it always like this w/ ticket delivery?!!?:inquisitive: Is it supposed to thwart scalping & does it work???:thinking:'Cause here in the US, you order tix and sometimes in a week(via LiveNation) or a few wks(via ticketmaster) you get it in the mail, no matter how far away the event. My problem is usually making sure I don't lose the tickets I've received months in advance, rather than panicking I might not get it in time for the show!!!!

I know it allll be worth it, and I'm sure it will all work out fine for all of us (ColdplayKarmaColdplayKarmaColdplayKarma) but this shit is so stressful:bomb:, and only one tiny step in the whole process! Once we've got our tix, then we gotta worry about which entrance we'll be told to go through, and hope whoever we want to queue with happens to have the same gate assignment:stunned::wreck: So our dreams of queuing together might be messed up:bigcry:

(I'm sorry for adding all this negativity:shame:, just venting:(. I really AM excited and know it'll work out, just the lead up to it is hell.)

Yes, definitely agree on that! What's up with the UK? We don't have this problem in the US. Well, they better send in enough time since we paid extra international fees for that. At least you live over there!

The very strange thing is that overseas fans pay extra for international delivery costs, and technically it takes a longer time for the tickets to arrive...

But Ticketmaster has started delivering the Manchester tickets to the UK addresses while mine (as stated on the TM website) has still not been dispatched :confused:

Is it always like this w/ ticket delivery?!!?:inquisitive: Is it supposed to thwart scalping & does it work???:thinking:'Cause here in the US, you order tix and sometimes in a week(via LiveNation) or a few wks(via ticketmaster) you get it in the mail, no matter how far away the event. My problem is usually making sure I don't lose the tickets I've received months in advance, rather than panicking I might not get it in time for the show!!!!

I know it allll be worth it, and I'm sure it will all work out fine for all of us (ColdplayKarmaColdplayKarmaColdplayKarma) but this shit is so stressful:bomb:, and only one tiny step in the whole process! Once we've got our tix, then we gotta worry about which entrance we'll be told to go through, and hope whoever we want to queue with happens to have the same gate assignment:stunned::wreck: So our dreams of queuing together might be messed up:bigcry:

(I'm sorry for adding all this negativity:shame:, just venting:(. I really AM excited and know it'll work out, just the lead up to it is hell.)

I know how you feel Cooky... Ugh this whole ticketing thing is crap. First they say they only deliver to your billing address then they say you'll get it only 5 days before the concert. Wtf? The very knowledge that we are TRAVELLING to an overseas country for a concert should give an indication that most likely we might not be home 5 days before the gig.

When I bought tickets to watch Coldplay in Australia, I got all my tickets a week after I ordered, airmailed from Sydney, 3 months before the shows!

• 2 weeks later...

I've bought tickets for the Manchester gig and I was a bit worried as well about the delivery.

Last week I wrote an email to Ticketline about my new adress (because I've moved since I ordered the tickets) and also asked when I could expect to get my tickets.. Got an email back about they would sent my tickets as soon as possibly. Today I got to the post office and picked up my lovely tickets, wuhuu!

My advice for you will therefore be to write to your provider and ask them to send your tickets. Maybe you are as lucky as I were.

Can't wait to see Coldplay live again.

Ok, so like Angie, I called seetickets to change my order and pick up the tickets directly at the venue!

I was very surprise cause I had someone directly and I had not have to wait!! I had a lovely woman who told me that of course, I could pick up my tickets at the venue and she changed my order. I asked her if she could send me a email confirmation that I'll be picking them up and she did. Now on my tracker, it's said that I will pick the tickets.

I asked her when the box office will be open and she told me 3 PM...:/ Not too happy about this but I go the gig with a friend so I hope he could cue for me while I'll be picking the ticks....

She said that I will need my reference number and my credit card number to pick the ticks.

Now I'm kinda relieve cause I won't be stressing out in september waiting in front of my mail box!!!

Yeah! I was actually told be See Tickets that they don't send the tickets by the mail to overseas countries anymore and that I should pick them up at the venue when I asked about getting the tickets in the mail a little bit earlier... Here's the mail I got: "Thank you for your e-mail.

Please note that you are required to collect your tickets for COLDPLAY

at Wembley Stadium, London on 19/09/2009 at the venue on the

night of the show.

Recently many orders to overseas addresses, although sent via secure mail,

have been lost in the post. We are unable to track items through the

Royal Mail system once they have left the UK. Therefore, lost tickets cannot

be replaced.

To minimise risk of loss we require that you collect your tickets at the

venue of the show." So I'm now very stressed about picking up those tickets at the box office too... I later got another email with some updates: "Your tickets for the above event are for collection at the venue box

office on the date of the show from 1600hrs.*

You will need to quote reference and provide the

credit/debit

card used to place the order as identification and a copy of this E-mail." That means I need to pick them up when the doors opens??? And the box office is not the same place as where you get in to the stadium or??:confused: But do I really need to bring with me the actual credit card or just the number? It's my mum's so I can't just take it with me to london..:confused:

Yeah! I was actually told be See Tickets that they don't send the tickets by the mail to overseas countries anymore and that I should pick them up at the venue when I asked about getting the tickets in the mail a little bit earlier...

[...]

But do I really need to bring with me the actual credit card or just the number? It's my mum's so I can't just take it with me to london..:confused:

Did they already give you back the money you paid for shipping?

Hope they do!

And I don't know what the rules are concerning credit cards as I always had mine with me in the past but at the theatres I went to for example they always wanted to see the card and I had to sign a receipt when I picked up tickets at the box office...

Can't you just take it with you to be on the safe side?

The reason why none of the ticket companies is sending Wembley tickets is because they still don't have the tickets. They are not the usual Ticketmaster or whatever tickets and they're waiting to receive them from the promoter (LiveNation+Wembley Stadium).

For my U2 ticket on the second night I had to collect it at the box office (I chose it as I knew I would be travelling more than five days before the event). The box office opened at 11, they need the order number and yes, they ask for the credit card, I had to go to the west wing box office as the eastern one was only for Club Wembley tickets.

The bad thing about this is that if someone wants to queue up for the pit before collecting the ticket, s/he might end up being in the wrong queue since there are two entrances.

That is just to clarify, tickets are expected to be dispatched by the end of next week, with delivery in the UK by the following week (the date that the Manchester is taking place).

International delivery takes longer as stated on ticket agency websites, and Ticketmaster has a policy of changing tickets from delivery to pick up of no later than 4 weeks before the event (that is, you must ring them before they dispatch tickets obviously :P).

If you want to change tickets from international delivery to pick up I'd hazard a guess that you will only have a couple of days :confused:.

(edits: oops, double post, meant to edit my post above duh :goofy:).

Did they already give you back the money you paid for shipping?

Hope they do!

And I don't know what the rules are concerning credit cards as I always had mine with me in the past but at the theatres I went to for example they always wanted to see the card and I had to sign a receipt when I picked up tickets at the box office...

Can't you just take it with you to be on the safe side?

No! That's something I have forgotten to check.. Don't think they have... I think I will call them and ask! That should be a lot more easy!:)

I don't see how tickets get lost in the mail frequently if the ticketing companies use a reliable courier. Ticketmaster just sent me my LCCC ticket via FedEx and it arrived safely.

Now just send me my Wembley ticket too!

actually, i think they were referring to "mail" as in the standard postal service, rather than FedEx, since that's a (much) cheaper option available to int'l buyers. those don't have tracking & some countries' local postal service, e.g. Malaysia :rolleyes: , are notorious for delayed/lost mail.

actually, i think they were referring to "mail" as in the standard postal service, rather than FedEx, since that's a (much) cheaper option available to int'l buyers. those don't have tracking & some countries' local postal service, e.g. Malaysia :rolleyes: , are notorious for delayed/lost mail.

But isn't the option for international delivery usually registered, signature-on-delivery mail? For the extra amount we pay, they had better not use normal mail :\

But isn't the option for international delivery usually registered, signature-on-delivery mail? For the extra amount we pay, they had better not use normal mail :\

no idea how they determine what kind of delivery we're entitled to for those outside of the UK, but there was definitely a Standard Mail option at about just under £4 extra for some gigs' tickets. that's the cheapest option aside from Will Call which is just under £3...but isn't always available as an option, i've noticed. :dozey:

It only says

Your Ticket(s)

If there are any problems with your order, or you don't receive your tickets within 2 business days of the event, please contact customer service.

on my ticketmaster account. :(

So at least the text has changed...

Where did you see the note that they have been dispatched?