✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so from what i saw and heard today i can tell you a couple of things. But keep in mind 1. it was live 2. i listened to it once 3. i was full of adrenaline.

Don't put too much in what i'm saying.

The beginning is very similar to ETIAW. The hole thing has ETIAW in it. The hole song sounds very poppy. It will sure be a great radio song.

And i just can't help myself, as i heard it i thought it sounded a bit like rihanna and 30 seconds to mars. Hard to explain why but they just came to my mind as i heard it.

The song is different from what we have heard from GS so far. The lyrics are right at GS level, not very good to be honest. I probably could have written that lyrics myself. Very simple, just like Magic, Anothers Arms or You Are Always In My head.

Right now, after hearing it once its just to poppy for me i'm really not loving it,(yet?). It's too little Coldplay and too much, something else.

EDIT: It will for sure work great in stadiums.

mmmm will see if the rest of everyone is going to like the song or not.. I really cant wait for this!!!!

I think it's quite unusual that Coldplay is kinda giving us surprises at this time. Unlike previously with their previous albums, they announced concert dates publicly without a doubt. But look at everyone now, so frustrated if couldnt get the tickets and since the band will be emailing through the mailing list, and not everyone will be there on time to check emails. I really dont know why the band is doing this. One assumption might be the album title, considering it's called "Ghost Stories", their strategy to schedule dates with surprises (especially today at Baden) will be like behind the shadows (and I dont know why I'm thinking about shadows) too, and I guess the people who got tickets for today at Baden will be so unexpectedly very lucky! Just my thoughts.

I am getting more and more nervous for this song after reading all these reviews!! Comparisons to ETIAW and Viva La Vida make me a bit hopeful, but it is clear the lyrics, like on most of the album, are, erm.... as simple as simple can get? Plus the comparisons to 30 Seconds to Mars, Rihanna? I like both artists to some degree but not when compared to Coldplay. I feel like both are at the center of teeny-bopper pop music today and that is somewhere I want Coldplay to mature away from. Plus, Rihanna ruined PoC for me, her lovely voice is just way too dramatic to take seriously with those lyrics.

Undoubtedly ASFOS will be a radio explosion like Paradise or Clocks which still seem to get some regular airtime, and that is too bad, IMO. I was hoping Magic was going to be the most pop oriented track on this album which would leave the rest of the songs uncharacteristically alternative when looking at MX in the rearview. But I suppose two radio friendly tracks is far less than 4 (Paradise, Charlie Brown, PoC, ETIAW)

Guest howyousawtheworld

Why does it seem, from all the reviews, as though that this song will stand out like a sore thumb on this album? Comparisons in sound to ETIAW and DLIBYH (good song ruined by terrible production) are setting very low expectations for this tune.

Actually feel abit disrespected by him saying "now we've finished broadcasting on radio, so that's all done. Now it's just us." :D

Feels abit like we don't matter

but still, I understand him.

I actually thought that was pretty cool of him, special treat for the fans who go to the show.

Oh and that instrumental at the end is the same thing that we heard a bit at the end of the gig today, pretty sure it's part of O or O reprise or something.

It's just another version of AIMH. Just like reversed The Scientist on Twisted logic tour.