✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

Guest diogo_sg
Dare I jump into this piranha pit?

Regarding views on the song:

It's not a perfect 10 song like others are claiming and its not an absolute dud like others are saying either. But it seems like with the past few songs, if it isn't a perfect 10, ppl are grabbing their pitchforks. Srsly, are we expecting Coldplay to produce perfect 10s each and every time? Give me a break....

I can hear the arguments to my statement already: "but jc90, we aren't asking for 10s, just some more creativity!". Okay, I can respect that a little bit more. But I see this song as more creative than some claim it to be. The bass for one is blowing my mind. Compared to the usual 'Coldplay-Wall-of-Sound' technique which we see from Coldplay, i'd see this as creative, 'cause they aren't using that trick in this song. I feel we can argue this day and night, but for now, my feelings are lukewarm to positive towards creativity.

Regarding the use of 'God' in the song:

On my 25+ years on earth, I know that everytime something even remotely religious comes up, ppl are bound to call foul. But really now? "Coldplay are turning into a christian rock group, ohnoessss". I'm not of any particular religion myself, but if someone is, then what business of that is mine? I don't really know nor care if Coldplay is religious or if its bleeding into their work. With that being said, I don't even think it was some secret message to fans to convert to a certain religion. I think it really was just a use of the word 'God' in a purely artistic manner. That's the last i'll be speaking about anything religious on this forum. Nothing good ever comes from it.

Regarding this song as an indication of the fall of Coldplay:

I'm astounded on a daily basis at particular users who remind us every day that Coldplay are losing their touch. We all know who you are. You are different than the other members of oldplay who are genuinely fighting for them versus the ones who are just negative for no reason. If you really feel this way then best of luck to you on another forum. I don't see the value in staying in a place where everyone else is having a great time and you are not. If i'm at a dinner party and i'm not having a good time, I leave! I don't stick around! Simple as that. It's almost like those users are trying to convince everyone to leave the party with them. But just let them (us) be! Let us be idiots who love to listen to terrible songs and praise mediocrity as you guys tell us. We'd rather continue listening to MX and GS then take another rant upon our earholes about how this is the end of times. Dont be that one person at a party not having fun and trying to ruin it for everyone else.

Final views:

Like I said in the very beginning, this isn't a perfect 10, but it isn't a stinker like some are saying. I can list many songs in Coldplay's library that I would call worse than this. But I can also list many songs that are much better. I'd call it a solid 7 whose strong points are instrumentals and most lyrical content. Points are docked for another use of the 'ahh ahh ahhhs' which are quickly becoming another 'trick' the band are to quick to use and, as others have said, its missing something that takes it from a bland song to something that could be a bittt better.

Guys, be excellent to each other. We (well, most of us) still love the band and want the best for them. I guess we just have conflicting views on what is best, but the passion is there.

This is one of the best posts I've read. It perfectly sums up everything I've been trying to say. Thank you, jc.

To be honest, I don't really understand people who say Coldplay are not making interesting music, etc.

It is different, like all parts of life are. "Amazing Day" to me feels amazing, because it is Coldplay, no matter how "new" the music is

or how close to previous songs this one is, it is them. By the way, I feel Coldplay haven't got too many romantic ballads like this one, where you could put your hands in the air and wave slowly. The Scientist comes to mind but this one feels more romantic, optimistic and easier. It doesn't have the tension of "pulling puzzles apart", so to speak, it's just dreamy...I can imagine it will be a very couples' song, with hands in the air everywhere. I'm also glad Davide Rossi is part of it. Cannot wait for the studio version!

Couldn't agree more.

It's not a perfect 10 song like others are claiming and its not an absolute dud like others are saying either. But it seems like with the past few songs, if it isn't a perfect 10, ppl are grabbing their pitchforks. Srsly, are we expecting Coldplay to produce perfect 10s each and every time? Give me a break....

I can hear the arguments to my statement already: "but jc90, we aren't asking for 10s, just some more creativity!". Okay, I can respect that a little bit more. But I see this song as more creative than some claim it to be. The bass for one is blowing my mind. Compared to the usual 'Coldplay-Wall-of-Sound' technique which we see from Coldplay, i'd see this as creative, 'cause they aren't using that trick in this song. I feel we can argue this day and night, but for now, my feelings are lukewarm to positive towards creativity.

On my 25+ years on earth, I know that everytime something even remotely religious comes up, ppl are bound to call foul. But really now? "Coldplay are turning into a christian rock group, ohnoessss". I'm not of any particular religion myself, but if someone is, then what business of that is mine? I don't really know nor care if Coldplay is religious or if its bleeding into their work. With that being said, I don't even think it was some secret message to fans to convert to a certain religion. I think it really was just a use of the word 'God' in a purely artistic manner. That's the last i'll be speaking about anything religious on this forum. Nothing good ever comes from it.

I'm astounded on a daily basis at particular users who remind us every day that Coldplay are losing their touch. We all know who you are. You are different than the other members of oldplay who are genuinely fighting for them versus the ones who are just negative for no reason. If you really feel this way then best of luck to you on another forum. I don't see the value in staying in a place where everyone else is having a great time and you are not. If i'm at a dinner party and i'm not having a good time, I leave! I don't stick around! Simple as that. It's almost like those users are trying to convince everyone to leave the party with them. But just let them (us) be! Let us be idiots who love to listen to terrible songs and praise mediocrity as you guys tell us. We'd rather continue listening to MX and GS then take another rant upon our earholes about how this is the end of times. Dont be that one person at a party not having fun and trying to ruin it for everyone else.

Final views:

Like I said in the very beginning, this isn't a perfect 10, but it isn't a stinker like some are saying. I can list many songs in Coldplay's library that I would call worse than this. But I can also list many songs that are much better. I'd call it a solid 7 whose strong points are instrumentals and most lyrical content. Points are docked for another use of the 'ahh ahh ahhhs' which are quickly becoming another 'trick' the band are to quick to use and, as others have said, its missing something that takes it from a bland song to something that could be a bittt better.

Guys, be excellent to each other. We (well, most of us) still love the band and want the best for them. I guess we just have conflicting views on what is best, but the passion is there.

I want to give you a round of applause. Especially for the parts regarding the God lyric and the ones being negative just to negative. I don't even have anything else to add because you summed up everything perfectly.

I really don't want to start an argument here since I advise everyone against it, but I should remind you and everyone else you are in no position to ask people to leave the forum. As much as I know you'd love this place to be like North Korea, it ain't gonna happen.

People's complaints have stopped. It's now pages upon pages of you guys complaining about the complaints. So let's all just listen to our favorite Coldplay songs and stop arguing.

I honestly thought there would be positive conversation after the band has used real instruments for once. I thought that I'd get to read pages of posibive discussion and not read post after post after post of people calling this song "shite" and somehow praising the real song that Coldplay shall never feel proud of at all, "Major Minus". The title essentially sums that song up. But you people are still crying and complaining even though their using real instruments. You're literally calling the song "shite" after that. Major fail on your part. With that being said, I have a lot to go through.

job129, your quote's in red.

jer123, your quote's in blue.

Salounimohanty, your quote's in gold.

Rainy Day. your 2 quote's are in green.

KidA, your quote's in magenta.

Jonny and the cake, your quote's in orange.

lennyrott1, your quote's in dark purple.

FrostyNinja, your quote's in purplish-grey.

Witfang, your quote's in pink.

I do have more posts, but I'll leave them for now and answer them in another post.

In fact, I had so many posts that after a while last night I decided I was too tired and went to bed and I''d continue in the morning. Turned out that'd backfire on me as I have now have even more posts that I have to split them up into a seperate post. And, I have so many posts that that other post may even have more posts than this one, requiring me to once again split them up.

What a shit song. Once they were able to create brilliant music pieces like 'Clocks'' date=' 'The scientist', 'Yellow', 'Viva la vida' etc. Now al they can make are electronical boring overproduced songs like we already heared on Ghost Stories and of which at least one will return on AHFOD (Amazing day). I am a great fan but this is just sad....[/quote']

You've gotta be kidding me... they're using real instruments, in a great way, and you call it "shit".

If you're going to criticize, please do so respectfully.

Many people I bet feel saddened by the way this community took a turn for the worse... back then if people were going to criticize a song I bet they'd do it respectfully, no? Now we've dropped to the level of YouTube posts. Great job everyone. :applause:

Lmao why is it that the 'brilliant music pieces' u named are just the more famous songs from Coldplay

huh?? Those are actually some of my favorites from Coldplay and I think a lot of people would agree with me on that. There's a reason they're more popular than the rest of Coldplay's songs. Not to put down any of these other Coldplay songs but those are the more favorite ones... I actually love some of Coldplay's less known songs but these are really Coldplay's masterpieces that did manage to get popular.

Yeah no doubt these are the songs Coldplay is known for but there are far better underrated songs and I think we shouldn't be so quick to jump to a conclusion already. Tbh' date=' I have already forgotten the tune of Amazing Day, probably bc i heard it only once during the live stream but it is beautiful seriously. I remember feeling enthralled while listening to it. Not the song i expected to hear but nevertheless, you cant deny the fact that it's downright beautiful. Shouldn't exactly be calling it a 'shit song', we ought to be open to new ideas and kinds of songs the band brings. They are always so versatile[/quote']

As I said before these songs are really popular because legitimately they are really good. They're Coldplay's true masterpieces. Now I do agree, there are songs that are very underrated that should have gotten the same attention (or maybe not, because then they'd be overplayed on the radio and we wouldn't enjoy it anymore). Just because they're that good as to be near the quality of some of their well-recognized masterpieces.

As for the rest of the post, I completely agree. The tune is a bit forgettable as it's new and we haven't heard much of it yet but before long it'll be very memorable to us :D We should be open to new ideas, I totally agree with that. They always seem to come up with something amazing no matter what they try... and who knows what they came up with this time around. I'd love to hear it! Their ideas are always so intriguing... and every time seems to be something completely new and orignal and complex that no one's (minus Coldplay, obviously) has ever even thought of before. Something that the world really hasn't seen. I'm honestly surprised how they keep on doing it, they have an infinite stream of amazing ideas that never seem to stop...

Really? This song is incredibly simple in its production. The primary players are the band members' date=' and the only non-player is the strings (which were likely played and recorded by Davide Rossi). Chris said near the opening that the piano was broken, so I'm sure he would have been playing it if it were functional. Any extra effects were signaled by Jonny's guitar with one or two effects being unrelated to the instruments being played. I'm not sure what song you heard, but your description doesn't seem to align with the structure or production of the one played. No one says you have to like it (you find it boring--that's fine), but it's hardly electronic and is far from over-produced (especially compared to many of the works of their pop star guest this afternoon).[/quote']

^ THIS!

Couldn't have said it better myself! THANK YOU.

It could be one of those tracks they play live to both see how it feels before an audience and to consider whether or not they want it to be on the new record. Anyone remember the band's indecision over "Moving to Mars"? I remember watching an interview of some sort before Coldplay played at the iTunes festival in 2011 (I think that was the year)' date=' and when asked about MTM, Jonny answered that they were still thinking about whether to include it on the record or not. As we know, it didn't make it, but it took them a while to figure it out, and that could also be the case with a track like this. So, we'll just have to wait and see![/quote']

This song better not die the same way that Moving to Mars did. I can understand why they left Moving to Mars off MX (because it's too low tone for an album like MX IMO) but if this track doesn't make it Imma be mad. This is to be honest the best song they've made in quite a while. I love GS but there's not a track in there that comes close to being as magical as this new one is, outside of Fly On. All Your Friends doesn't count since that was only on the deluxe version. Wish I Was Here is the only song since the GS era that is actually really close to this new song. But to be honest that one doesn't count either, since the band doesn't really play it, it's more of a Chris Martin + another artist kind of track. Chris doesn't even say a real word in "Wish I Was Here" either. At the best, this is the best song they've made since Paradise (or even Viva, you could argue). I really love this song and this shows masses of potential for AHFOD.

So bland it physically hurts.

54549494.jpg

Had to google Ariana Grande. That's how much I give a shit about modern chart music today. By the looks of things I certainly won't be clicking on that duet.
wow so close minded

she has a great voice, really powerful, she's really talented and you "just by the look of things" decided that it wasnt worth of your hearing

oh well thom yorke is pretty ugly im gonna stop listening to radiohead now

^ This!

Could never have said it better myself.

After a third listen, I actually quite like this song, which I wasn't expecting after hearing the soundcheck version. It is incredibly Coldplay... almost feels like it could fit on a faith-based album with Miracles ahahaha.

But at the same time, it sounds like Christmas Lights, lovely piano, great string section, pleasant guitar, almost waltz-worthy. I really love Guy's bass at the beginning of the song, really cool. I think the studio version, with louder piano and string sections could be quite stunning.

I somewhat hope this is a charity single, though I think it could be fine slow song on an album. I am not amazed by any means, but this song is very................pleasant. Very pleasant indeed. I feel like this could have been A PERFECT REPLACEMENT FOR ASFOS considering the fact that it is basically the more mature brother: stars, sad a little, but okay with it, want in your arms... really Chris? you don't got many tricks up your theme sleeve do you?

Critiques: very similar to AIMH, not sure I need another OOHHH OOHHH chant in a Coldplay song, Will's drumming is dull, wish he would spruce it up a bit with some more cymbals or off-beat tempos.

Nice! Glad you like it! You really shouldn't get too worried over cell-phone soundcheck quality, because if you didn't like it then it was possibly because the cell phone made it sound blander, and made it sound terrible quality too. Also, you got to hear some new sections in great quality which could have been it too.

It does remind a lot of Christmas Lights too, kind of the same style of song. I'd say it's a cross between Up in Flames, Christmas Lights, and AIMH. Also, who knows what the studio version could be like? It could be absolutely amazing! I can't wait for it! I'm really optimistic and excited to see the studio version... because if they do everything right it's going to be my favorite track of Coldplay.

I honestly hope this isn't a charity single. A song like this can't die the same way that Moving to Mars did. It's just too special of a song not to be included onto an album. This could be the Up In Flames of AHFOD; a nice, slower song that keeps the original feel of the album. Now keeping in mind this actually kind of has a big sound to it. I really loved how Coldplay managed to get the perfect sound on this; they managed to make a slow track, but with a big sound, and a big feeling to it. Those are some of my favorite songs, there's quite a bit of emotion into them and I really think that Coldplay put a lot into this track. As for this being a replacement for ASFOS, I completely agree! Not to take anything away from ASFOS because in my opinion it's a very great song, and it actually does have a GS feel to it. But as for the album itself, ASFOS is a bit too much of a dancey track for it. This could have been the perfect replacement, and to be honest could have made the album quite possibly miles better. Again, not to put down ASFOS, it's just that this other track is way more fitting.

@ the critiques: It is quite similar to AIMH, I'd call this the "day version" of AIMH, I'm really a fan of it. For the "oooh oooh" chants, I know they've been doing a lot recently but I really love them because they give so much power and emotion into the song that can really improve it a lot as compared to if it didn't have it IMO. If this song didn't have the chant IMO it would be a bit worse. As for Will's Drumming, yeah I can kind of see that. It wasn't the most original drumbeat in the world, and I really think that they could have experimented with some more off-beat sort of tempos to spice it up a bit. It is a bit bland, but in my opinion it's still very beautiful.

My critiques: Will's drumming, as I said before. Sort of bland, not the most original drumbeat, but still very nice. The track itself isn't their most original thing ever, it kind of sound like something I did hear before, and it is a touchh bland (not a lot though). But that still doesn't keep it from being one of the most original pieces I've ever heard.

It does have sort of it's own feeling to it that gives us a hint as to what this up and coming album might be like. I'm loving the idea so far! Keep it up Coldplay! :D

Don't forget the good ol' feet not touching/off the ground; it's always made me giggle how many songs and lines alluded to that.

I just find that hilarous to be honest. I think that relates back to him wanting to fly or something, he said it in an interview once :lol:

+

* The song feels like a mixture of Life is for Living, Always in My Head and Swallowed in the Sea

* I was surprised (in a good way) because I expected a dancy tune as we speculated that the album will make us shuffle our feet. But I think if AHFOD is going to be more of a celebratory record then this song will fit in the album.

* The bass is really good and I do appreciate the return of Will's drums

* It's a feel good song and I think that's an element that we should consider in judging the song.

* The melody of the song is gorgeous. Maybe a little bit retro but I do like the song as a whole.

* the intro riff is really nice

* I know that some were disappointed about the 'whoooo's but for me that singalong moment just improved the song big time (with the audience waving their hand). Sweet moment.

* could be an album closer

-

* I guess we had enough lyrics about stars...

* It would be better if they put a lot more emphasis on the strings.

Amazing Day... It is.

I agree with a lot of what you said... in my opinion this song feels more like a mixture of Up in Flames + AIMH with a hint of Christmas Lights. Also, I don't know what's with Chris and stars, it's actually quite funny lol. It reminds me of Chris and his "feet not touching the ground" or whatever. It seems like he wants to fly that way :P The lyrics are very GS-y and remind me of A Sky Full Of Stars. Lyrics-wise, this song is almost the calmer, sweeter version of ASFOS... the lyrics are quite similar, and, the way they're used here reminds me of a lot of GS, it's very dreamy you could say (Yes I know I'm terrible at these :lol:) It'd be great if they put more emphasis on the strings.. I'd love it even more! <3

I have A Head Full Of Dreams... and one of them is to go to a Coldplay Concert :laugh4:

Final views:

I don't think I've ever seen such an in-depth, magnificent, common-sense-including, and correct post in my life.

THANK. YOU.

I really don't want to start an argument here since I advise everyone against it, but I should remind you and everyone else you are in no position to ask people to leave the forum. As much as I know you'd love this place to be like North Korea, it ain't gonna happen.

People's complaints have stopped. It's now pages upon pages of you guys complaining about the complaints. So let's all just listen to our favorite Coldplay songs and stop arguing.

Had to unblock you to reply; had a feeling it was a directed to me.

Perhaps I should have been clearer in my comments. I wasn't trying to tell ppl to gtfo, but rather questioning why they'd stay if the band clearly don't fill their needs anymore. It seems to me that its the same users time after time having something negative to say about the band.

I don't have an issue with criticising, I really don't. In fact, I like hearing the other side of it and the thought process behind it. A few users here are like that and imo they're some of the 'better' users on here with the ability to actually show/backup what they mean.

But again, without pointing any fingers, I've noticed a string of comments from the same users that are the same complaints. I'm just saying, if you and I were to switch positions, I would have left a longggg time ago; I wouldn't stick around a place I don't want to be in! I'm genuinely confused as to why someone would torture themselves like that. It wasn't an order to leave the forum ('cause you're right, I don't have that power), but a question of 'why stay?'. That's as much a question for me to ask than it is one for you to ask yourselves.

Had to unblock you to reply; had a feeling it was a directed to me.

Perhaps I should have been clearer in my comments. I wasn't trying to tell ppl to gtfo, but rather questioning why they'd stay if the band clearly don't fill their needs anymore. It seems to me that its the same users time after time having something negative to say about the band.

I don't have an issue with criticising, I really don't. In fact, I like hearing the other side of it and the thought process behind it. A few users here are like that and imo they're some of the 'better' users on here with the ability to actually show/backup what they mean.

But again, without pointing any fingers, I've noticed a string of comments from the same users that are the same complaints. I'm just saying, if you and I were to switch positions, I would have left a longggg time ago; I wouldn't stick around a place I don't want to be in! I'm genuinely confused as to why someone would torture themselves like that. It wasn't an order to leave the forum ('cause you're right, I don't have that power), but a question of 'why stay?'.

I completely agree with you. I could see that there were a few disrespecful people here on this forum that were completely calling this song expletives, and weren't backing it up at all/backing it up poorly/false information. That's just stupid and unacceptable and the people who do that over and over and over and don't leave like trolls are, and I'm really restricting myself here, annoying. Those people have dropped to the level of some YouTube posts. It's childish. I don't mind criticism as long as it's not repeated over and over and they back up their opinion. It's almost like spamming IMO. They need to learn how to back up their opinion, constructively criticize a track, and only do it one or two times and not be annoying about it.

EDIT: The "Oldplay" fans who attack these Newplay tracks with expletives and are being completely disrespectful about it aren't real Coldplay fans. If they were. they wouldn't be calling a track "utter shite". They would constructively share their opinion on the song respectfully, even if they don't like it. They wouldn't keep repeating it knowing that'd annoy all the people who do like the tracks. I'm fine if someone doesn't like a track, but they don't have to shove it in everyone's face and be a complete jerk about it. When someone calls a track "utter shite" that's when they've crossed the trolling line IMO.

"Life has a crazy beautiful design"

Amazing day for me sums up what we live. We have had different experiences that makes us what we are. Our families, friends, colleagues, classmates or even people we met occasionally are part of how we see the world. Also, we have have travelled to places where we see the beauty of whatever is around us.

For me life isn't perfect. But, I believe we should be thankful for what we have. God, the universe, our parents, our families, who ever you want to thank for.

Sorry for this essay. But, it's just to stay we are human beings who have our own believes. In a certain way, what we think is the correct answer to the questions we have. It won't be true until is stated on a book with the support of so many other people. So, just relax and enjoy what you want to enjoy. Don't try to change the point of view of others if you don't have a valid argument. And don't try to say what you think is right just because you think so. Be tolerant with what other fans think. Be respectful even when you're on the other side of the computer. Let's all have an amazing day in a forum where we share our love and thoughts about a band that has the ability to make incredible songs in any kind of genre.

Those "Oldplay" fans aren't real fans of Coldplay. If they were, they wouldn't be calling a track "shite". I share the same curiousity as you do. I wonder why they really haven't left yet if they don't like Coldplay's music anymore. It's like their trolling the rest of us fans who just want to enjoy the music that sounds great to us like this new track Coldplay's recently came out with.

This post is the result of not living in a democratic society. Free will and judgement is utopia nowadays.

A lot of people should learn to accept others' opinions. I will never like MX for example, but I accept that people could like it, the same others should do when somebody says that Amazing Day is shit (and, I repeat, I'm an "oldplayer" and I like it).

We are all fans of a band that tries to spread love around the world and we're living our days in this place attacking each other for our opinion. Your concept of peace is very strange

Guest diogo_sg
This post is the result of not living in a democratic society. Free will and judgement is utopia nowadays.

A lot of people should learn to accept others' opinions. I will never like MX for example, but I accept that people could like it, the same others should do when somebody says that Amazing Day is shit (and, I repeat, I'm an "oldplayer" and I like it).

We are all fans of a band that tries to spread love around the world and we're living our days in this place attacking each other for our opinion. Your concept of peace is very strange

But there's one big difference between sharing your opinion with others (eg. I don't like this song) and making up false facts (eg. this song is utter shit). There's a line between these two things and it has been crossed far too many times. That's why there are so many clashes around here.

But there's one big difference between sharing your opinion with others (eg. I don't like this song) and making up false facts (eg. this song is utter shit). There's a line between these two things and it has been crossed far too many times. That's why there are so many clashes around here.

They're only two different ways to share an opinion: the second one is very direct and strong, but it doesn't make it a false fact, it's still an opinion.

It's someone's opinion that the song is "utter shit", it's someone else's that it's not. I don't think any line has been crossed. If someone wants to take offence and be hurt and offended by someone's opinion of what is at the end of the day, only a song then i would say that it's that persons problem. Everyone needs to chill, some people love it, some hate it. That's life.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Guest diogo_sg
It's someone's opinion that the song is "utter shit", it's someone else's that it's not. I don't think any line has been crossed. If someone wants to take offence and be hurt and offended by someone's opinion of what is at the end of the day, only a song then i would say that it's that persons problem. Everyone needs to chill, some people love it, some hate it. That's life.

I will always see those two examples as completely different things. When someone says they don't like one something, it's their opinion. But when someone says something is shit, they're basically saying IT IS shit. Then again, this is just my opinion.

I say:

Let's end this nonsense and focus on the most important thing in this forum: Coldplay.

Look people. Quit complaining and look ahead! I'm not saying you have to stop sharing your opinion, because you have every right to do so, but this shit is going on for a whole day! If you're all so afraid that AHFOD will be just like this song, have a look at when Ghost StorY was released. 20-flippin-14! They could still make an album like that song! Even if it's only a year after Ghost Story! That song proved they could still do it. What makes you think they couldn't after hearing just ONE new "shite" song? I respect your opinion, don't get me wrong. But like I said before, we still have one WHOLE album to look forward to.

Those "Oldplay" fans aren't real fans of Coldplay. If they were, they wouldn't be calling a track "shite". I share the same curiousity as you do. I wonder why they really haven't left yet if they don't like Coldplay's music anymore. It's like their trolling the rest of us fans who just want to enjoy the music that sounds great to us like this new track Coldplay's recently came out with.

When any discussion on this forum goes beyond anything other than pure adoration for absolutely all the output Coldplay gives us you get this violent backlash. The apologists so slavishly defend mediocrity. If Coldplay released an album full of chicken noises people would still defend with the usual lines of wishy-washy, vague and utterly irrefutable argument such as : "Everything they do can be justified by experimentation, therefore if you think the experimentation is bad you are stuck in the past and don't want them to evolve" or "If you don't like everything Coldplay do you're not a real Coldplay fan so you'd be better off leaving the forum etc etc."

Honestly anyone who dare say anything negative and give fair criticism are immediately ostracized and sent to the Gallows. Any sort of serious discussion is stifled with the typical "We all love Coldplay, therefore we should never disagree!" The factionalism here sometimes is so obvious it's laughable. Any discussion with any sort of depth follows the same formula. People criticize, some people respond to the actual criticism but the VAST majority will just complain about the fact there's criticism in and about itself and then give each all a congratulatory pat on the back for being the divine curators of all things Coldplaying.

Look people. Quit complaining and look ahead! I'm not saying you have to stop sharing your opinion, because you have every right to do so, but this shit is going on for a whole day! If you're all so afraid that AHFOD will be just like this song, have a look at when Ghost StorY was released. 20-flippin-14! They could still make an album like that song! Even if it's only a year after Ghost Story! That song proved they could still do it. What makes you think they couldn't after hearing just ONE new "shite" song? I respect your opinion, don't get me wrong. But like I said before, we still have one WHOLE album to look forward to.

Exaxctly! And don't forget Amazing Day might well be a charity single, or even worse, a track that we'll never hear again. It doesn't have to be reflective of the (entire) album. Heck, even on the albums there are songs that sound quite different. I mean, Oceans and A Sky Full of Stars are on the same album and those tracks sound totally different. So Amazing Day, by all means, doesn't have to be indicative of how AHFOD will sound.

Some new thoughts on Amazing Day--

First, 100% agree with Jc's post!!! Thanks for that!

But something I like about these lyrics: For me they are more ambiguous than what we got on GS, which was: I'm sad, I love you, I'm sad, I still love you though, I will overcome. I like ASFOS lyrically and vocally, but Amazing day can be interpreted in a couple ways.

One is that he and a person he loves on the roof looking at the stars enjoying it and wanting to dance. After watching the background video during the song though, my interpretation is that he is actually talking about the universe or the world. He is wanting to wrap himself up in the milky way and sway. There are some hints of bad things going, but he is happy having a perfect day (night)? Either interpretation is basically Chris spewing out a stream of rainbow cheese, but I rather like that fact about the song. Same with God, it doesn't have to mean an old white man upstairs, it could just be some greater force we don't understand but appreciate.

Hi Guys!

Had to jump in -- despite not being a major poster (have had an account on here for a while). At the first listen, thought this very much sounded like AIMH but really has a lot more going on I think. Johnny's guitar rift has a very sway-ey feeling to it. That makes it different than a lot of the other Coldplay ballads (The Scientist, Fix You) which have more of the tinge of sadness. I think this is in line with the theme of the album, a sort of momentary appreciation. The bass work is pretty impressive throughout.

I also think the "OHS" work here -- like some other posters have suggested. Actually, the only other time that I really felt a positive reaction to that technique was in Viva La Vida. They just aren't overkill. Just nice and kind of quiet.

We may have our set 1 closer here (pre-encore). Just Chris's end speech at the Global Citizens Festival "Have a nice day every body," -- could easily end the normal set of a new tour. Don't think it would be the last song of the show (which typically goes to a ETIAW or ASFOS type pump up song), but there's definitely opening/closing song material here.

Any other thoughts? Think this bodes well for the album. MX in retrospect had a ton of big, explosive songs. GS while more intimate felt (purposely) small in scope. I think this song just feels big, lyrically, and musically is something that we haven't heard before. In a sense, maybe it's a natural progression of AIMH with some more time to bake in the cake (like a cross between that song and Strawberry Swing).

Anyway, thanks for reading -- don't post often put looking forward to AHFOD.