✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

#AOAL - Please post your review

stephen

I have only read one good review of this soung outside of this forum. I think this album might be their worst reviewed :confused:

actually, i'm not sure where you are looking, but for a coldplay song, i have seen very good reviews outside of here. much better than the last singles we got.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only read one good review of this soung outside of this forum. I think this album might be their worst reviewed :confused:

Not necessarily, people change, opinions change, I don't think it will be that bad. I thought GS was going to be a fail, yet it wasn't (at least among the media) so who knows...

Guest howyousawtheworld
It's insanely good. I literally cannot stop listening. I fell asleep with it on repeat and woke up to it still going. Always expect the unexpected with the boys. It feels like Chris is reborn and has come out the other side from the divorce. Yes it's very 'pop' bit who the hell cares?? My boys are back and I'm deeply in love!

Hey! I think I remember you from years back - an old timer! Welcome back!

For me, it is a great song. Really, i love it. Finally, all four of them are playing and Johny-s gitar is great and Chris is singing like he gives a fuck what will people say. I know he was saying that a lot during MX period but its only now that i believe him. They enjoy playing it, and enjoy listening to it and i dont care if it is pop or rock or any of that shit.

the first few sounds shocked me a bit - in a scary way - but as soon as the beat kicked in i got into the groove and its pretty much love at first run through... puts me in a fantastic mood and its really the next step after a sky full of stars for me. Congrats CP - well done - really looking forward to the album and the next tour... please just dont tour at the same time as U2 - lol - no tourclash please... :lol:

oh and i thought that the india-influence is quite audible and really cool!

One word for describe AOAL, Unexpected, We know that A Head Full Of Dream could be dancing-electronic-pop, but this song, breaks me up, i mean, all i imagined about this , is gone, but no for bad, this makes me feels so good, is wonderful, positive, energy, i proved the song walking in the morning, sleeping in the night, every moment in the day, not change , still growing , keeps transmitting all this positives feelings, like I want to leave my room, and travel around the world, is a ode to life. I see the band today in the interviews and shows, they looks so happy, they enjoy makes this album and play the songs. I couldn't be feel so happy and my head so full of dreams.

It's insanely good. I literally cannot stop listening. I fell asleep with it on repeat and woke up to it still going. Always expect the unexpected with the boys. It feels like Chris is reborn and has come out the other side from the divorce. Yes it's very 'pop' bit who the hell cares?? My boys are back and I'm deeply in love!

Some of the first listens to a new Coldplay song are always shocking and exciting at the same time. It's not gonna be AROBTTH or Yellow...it is what it is for the time. Seems the boys all had contributions and this is what they came up with. I can still hear some X & Y and not sure what song it is..maybe I'm hearing These Are Things I Don't Understand after 3:20. It's happy dance time now..it may not be what the rest of the album is so, we will wait. All I know is when I first heard ASFOS..I wasn't sure..now I love it very much because of the way it makes me feel. This one will be a grower and I love the happiness Chris is having in the vocals. It's maybe the happy song they wanted. Let's all enjoy it, if we are able. I am able and I will enjoy. :)

I posted this in the other AOAL thread but it goes there too!

As gai said "Groove"! that is the word! Love it! It has hints of Daft Punk, Bee Gees, and I hear a smigen of LCD Soundsystem. It's got funk. It's the perfect first single. It's happy. It makes us dance. It's got "Ellen dancing on her show" all over it. I love hearing the boys singing in the background in the chorus. It has Jonny Guitar!!:jonny: :guitarist:

I can already hear the crowds singing the "Wooo Hooo Wooo Hoooo in the stadiums and arenas! It is a classic Coldplay ending to a song

Edit, and my 16yr old Rugrat "really likes it" b/c she can't possibly love anything that I love at the same time :P

5/5: Adventure of a Lifetime is honestly a perfect song in my eyes. To the person who said earlier that they had no idea why someone would give the song a perfect score since it would mean it's up with the likes of legendary bands/songs, I'll give you an idea: people have different, wide-ranging tastes that are as valid as your own. What I call perfect (this song), you might think is sub-par (because it's your taste!). What you call perfect (Bohemian Rhapsody, Rolling Stones), I could care no less about (because it's my taste!). I can describe as perfect whatever song or band makes me feel a certain way (a way that's unique to me and is indescribable); something I deem amazing, of quality, makes me smile, and never fails to bring my mood up - and this song is that. I can jam out to a fun disco pop song (and yes, with meh lyrics even) and have the time of my life at shows when its played while the next song I listen to has as much meaningfulness as the next pre-MX coldplay song mentioned and get this...enjoy them just the same! Not everyone can do that, and I understand that because t a s t e s and o p i n i o n s exist. I have no idea why some can't get this through their minds. You can post your opinion (however negative or positive it is) without having to call into question other's definition of what they think is a "perfect" song or a "perfect" band or even a "terrible" song or a "terrible" band (it goes both ways!!), subjectivity is an amazing thing. Hopefully this comes across as contributing to the conversation and not as an attack because that is the least of my intentions.

/ rant

Alright so (obviously) just my opinion but this is the most fresh thing Coldplay has put out in years... It is actually significantly different from their other works. I feel like I could make a musical argument with real evidence about how this is experimentally and sonically new for the band where as in ghost stories I would have a hard time arguing that the album wasn't just a shallow repetition of their own sound. This is new and fresh and it gives off the vibe I got from Justin Timberlake, and Daft Punk, and Lady GaGa/Tony Bennet's most recent albums. The vibe being it seems "real" music is making a return with well written, musical, artful, experimental music in the mainstream.

Pros: funky, guitar, Jonny, different, vocals are great, title isn't just the chorus, colorful, Will singing a bit, Guy dropping fresh bass, experimental but non-manufactured

Cons: "woohoo" and saying "sing it out" as if to an audience on a studio track (like just why??)... no thanks, diamonds lyrics, weak ending IMO

Overall, good step forward & fresh af. 7.9/10

Guest LiquidSky

OKAY, OKAY, OKAY, MY TURN!!!!!!

My 14-yr old self has been freaking out all DAY! She's jumping, clapping, dancing! She's too far out, floating away in space, feeling Alive<3

Ok, this is embarrassing, but I actually cried when I listened to this song the VERY FIRST TIME! I don't even know where this emotion came from but on that part where he says "I can feel my heart beating", it was exactly what I was feeling. I was shocked! This song took me by surprised! It's new, fresh, groovy and LIVE! I love it! I'm not one of those fans that love everything that a band puts out. To be honest, I've been a fan from the very beginning, and I did not really liked the last two albums (I know.. They are not really my favorites AT ALL). I've been falling out of love for them and after hearing Amazing Day, I was not really looking forward to this album at all. I was very disappointed. BUT this song makes me feel excited for coldplay again! The lyrics don't really bother me. I would actually like to have the instrumental version instead. I can hear coldplay in this song, the coldplay that I love! I can hear/feel the guys loving this as well. This songs reminds me of when I used to love Coldplay and listen to their instrumentals. I'm excited for this era!:D

Also, I kinda don't like the album cover? I thought it was just going to be the circle colorful thing with like a 3D effect to it. I don't like the mirror of it on the top or to the sides. I don't like the rainbow colors of it to the side either. I also don't like the name of the album! Maybe they should have just called it "Dreams of a full head" haha just kidding.

Summary (If you didn't read the above), I loved this song! Was disappointed by Amazing Day. Nervous about the overall outcome of the album but excited to have my very first listen!

First impressions:

THANK FUCK that it isn't EDM!! I was afraid ever since Chris dropped the title "A Head Full of Dreams" that it'd be an album of ASFOS. I was pleasantly surprised that the main guitar riff is slightly psychedelic, as are those chopped up vocal harmonies and even the outro of "woo-hoo"s! The production is like a much cleaner MX, which is a good thing. While I haven't listened closely to lyrics, on first listen they seem really forgettable and as cringe-worthy. The exciting and original feel of the song makes up for it though. But at the same time, I can't really get into it.... Nothing about it at the moment really grabs me, so to speak. However, I hated Paradise on first listen, but now it's one of my favorite Coldplay songs! So it may turn out that this one becomes a favorite of mine as well. ;)

The first time I heard AOAL, I admittedly had some mixed feelings. On one hand I was ecstatic to finally hear a new single, but on the other hand it sort of felt like it was missing something. Like, I was a little overwhelmed hearing this new funky, VERY danceable track and less of the raw instrumentation that I wished for. I guess I just wanted more of an MX type of song with little Indian influences sprinkled in.

With repeated listens, though, AOAL is growing on me. The riff is one of the coolest ones of the band's career in my opinion, and though the song will probably never reach the level of "Coldplay classic" for me, it's a fun pop song. Though it skirts close to Daft Punk, it still sounds like Coldplay and unlike GS, the whole band is contributing. I already mentioned Jonny's riff, and Guy still knows how to create a fun bass line. I hear some electronic drums but Will doesn't completely neglect his real drums. The lyrics aren't bad either. They could be far worse. A few lines, especially "A dream that died by light of day," really stand out to me. The band is headed in an interesting direction and I can't wait to see how it turns out. Amazing Day is my favorite of the two songs we've heard so far, but I still rate Adventure of a Lifetime 7.5 points out of 10.

Instead of a normal review- I'll post an experience that happened tonight.

I went out on a date to the movies with this girl. Only the 2nd time we went out and we had a pretty good time. We went back to her place then realized we were hungry. She had been putting back shots because it's her birthday. I was only drinking coffee and I was pretty wired. We asked her roommate who had just gotten home...from hanging out with her bf, if she wanted to come along and she did.

So as I was driving - the roommate in the backseat asked me if I had heard this song ( don't remember the name of it playing...) I said "no, but let me ask you what you think of this.." Then I put on AOAL .. Well, I naturally started singing along... then both of them...naturally started dancing and grooving... we all started just....having a blast. Then as it got near the end.. I started holding a pretening mic- singing "whooo ohhh" ...then pointed the mic at them...and without skipping a beat.. they came in repeating with the 2nd "whooo ohhhh" ...and it was just...amazing!!

So fun!!!!

When Coldplay plays this song live... if they do that too... sing one of the "whoo ohhhs" and let the crowd sing the other...and do a back-and-forth... it's just going to be so interactive and amazing.

So yes, I very much love this song. I don't really think it's any more poppy than ETIAW, and the lyrics are certainly better. And it just has this amazing energy. You can just tell Chris is having the time of his life. And .... uhh...I'm just. That's all. It's been a great night. And I leave you guys to it.

I think this all goes back to how Daft Punk brought back the funky-grooves of dance music with RAM. And many pop tunes ever since have had these influences in them. AOAL is definitely part of the equation. I like this new direction Coldplay is taking. I'm sold :D

I had high expectations after they released that 10-second teaser a few days ago, and to say I was impressed is an understatement. Wow! Just -- wow. The last thing any of us expected was for Coldplay go in the way of groove/funk! The second the drums kicked in during the premiere, I was blown away and wanting to move along with it. If there's one thing Coldplay does great, it's maturing their sound to fields previously untouched by them. Because I swear, I have never once heard this band so full of life and together than with this AOAL. The production quality is fucking fresh, something we haven't had since the Viva days, and although some of the lyrics are a bit average, I can't believe so many people think this is just 'another pop song'. The song has only (almost!) been out for a day now, and I've already played it well over 30 times.

Mark my words folks, this album is not only going to do well on the charts, but critically too. If this is the last album we get for a few years, what a great way to go out. I am beyond excited for December 4.

(I forgot to add I asked my dad what he thought of this song. He's been a fan since Mylo Xyloto, but was pretty torn on Ghost Stories. He's played guitar for 30+ years, so I figured he'd enjoy this one a lot, if not just for the music. He texted me today saying he really liked it! It's nice having family enjoy the same music as you! :heart:

9/10

actually, i'm not sure where you are looking, but for a coldplay song, i have seen very good reviews outside of here. much better than the last singles we got.

Yeah! I've only seen a handful of negative reviews outside Coldplaying. (In fact, I think the most negativity is from here!) I'm ecstatic about the response, and I'm sure the band si too.