✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Adventure Of A Lifetime

Sparky

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that everyone in the band is aware that from a lyrical point of view they can't top the AROBTTH so it's better to keep it simple and do something different.

It's not just AROBTTH. Every album VLV and backwards was lyrically brilliant. Again, I love Coldplay and I'm not an Oldplayer, but what Coldplayer can't see that their lyrics aren't as they used to be. Still good music, still powerful music, but it's lost a little touch of magic.

Originally, when the lads said that you could shuffle your feet to AHFOD, I thought they'd go the route of ASFOS, but nope they threw a curve ball to us coldplayers yet again! This a good infusion of Daft Punk's Random Access Memories and 80's. Jonny is channeling Nile Rodgers, Guy is being groovy, Will has his real drums with the glass playing, and Chris has a dreamy quality to his singing. I hope I'm not alone in preordering this album...

Well after the majestic, downtempo Ghost stories it's good to hear the guys doing something more upbeat again, can't stop listening to this, the more I listen the better it gets. Yet again the band seems to have evolved and found another sound, let's hope the album is a good one. Can't wait for December, Star Wars and Coldplay in the same month, who needs Xmas for excitement?

[Verse 1]

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say

Everything you want's a dream away

We are legends, every day

That's what she told him

[Refrain]

Under this pressure, under this weight

We are diamonds

[Chorus 1]

I feel my heart beating

I feel my heart underneath my skin

I feel my heart beating

Oh, you make me feel

Like I'm alive again

Alive again

Oh, you make me feel

Like I'm alive again

[Verse 2]

Said I can't go on, not in this way

I'm a dream, I die by light of day

Gonna hold up half the sky and say

Oh, we are omen

[Chorus 2]

I feel my heart beating

I feel my heart underneath my skin

Oh, I can feel my heart beating

Cause you make me feel

Like I'm alive again

Alive again

Oh, you make me feel

Like I'm alive again

[Refrain]

Under this pressure, under this weight

We are diamonds taking shape

We are diamonds taking shape

(Woo, woo)

[bridge]

If we've only got this life

Then this adventure, more than I

And if we've only got this life

You'll get me through alive

And if we've only got this life

Then this adventure, more than I

Wanna share with you

With you, with you

I said, oh, say oh

[Outro]

(Woo hoo, woo hoo)

(Woo hoo, woo hoo)

(Woo hoo, woo hoo)

(Woo hoo, woo hoo)

(Woo hoo, woo hoo)

(Woo hoo, woo hoo)

(Woo hoo, woo hoo)

(Woo hoo, woo hoo)

(Woo hoo, woo hoo)

(Woo hoo, woo hoo)

(Woo hoo, woo hoo)

(Woo hoo, woo hoo)

Guest kmm1482

Admittedly, I am an "Oldplayer". Ghost Stories wasn't my thing, most of Mylo Xyloto wasn't my thing. The first Coldplay song I've ever hated is ASFOS (it feels cheap and pandering), I loooong for the '4 guys with an instrument jamming out' days of Rush and the heart-on-the-sleeve love songs of Parachutes. The end of the Viva era, my interest began waning. IMO, the best things about Ghost Stories were Oceans and the b-sides. This song... I am completely excited again! This song makes me feel something. It's bouncy and fun, but not 'flavor of the week' like ASFOS. It feel so much like 4 guys with instruments jamming out having fun. The lyrics aren't as strong as Rush (but nothing ever will be) and the woo-hoo's at the end are a bit silly, but that's Coldplay's thing, every album has a few of those moments. This song is infectious; I heard it one time and it was stuck in my head. If the rest of the album is like this, it'll be my favorite since Viva. They're winning me back in a big way

I'm interested to see how they're going to perform that song live.

Seeing it live could change the opinion for some people to more positive for sure. I think this new album is intended to sound great in live. So i'm interested to see what they've come up with.

I just hope that Chris would be playing the piano part and acoustic guitar part in the end, not just jump around and sing.

Any idea when they're perform it live for the first time?

Admittedly, I am an "Oldplayer". Ghost Stories wasn't my thing, most of Mylo Xyloto wasn't my thing. The first Coldplay song I've ever hated is ASFOS (it feels cheap and pandering), I loooong for the '4 guys with an instrument jamming out' days of Rush and the heart-on-the-sleeve love songs of Parachutes. The end of the Viva era, my interest began waning. IMO, the best things about Ghost Stories were Oceans and the b-sides. This song... I am completely excited again! This song makes me feel something. It's bouncy and fun, but not 'flavor of the week' like ASFOS. It feel so much like 4 guys with instruments jamming out having fun. The lyrics aren't as strong as Rush (but nothing ever will be) and the woo-hoo's at the end are a bit silly, but that's Coldplay's thing, every album has a few of those moments. This song is infectious; I heard it one time and it was stuck in my head. If the rest of the album is like this, it'll be my favorite since Viva. They're winning me back in a big way

I love ASFOS I think it's better then the single. I Like the single better then ETIAW but not my number 1 ASFOS. Viva used to be my number 1 but ASFOS now takes its place.

I feel you bro.

Haha. That is exactly what I feel, even if this song has a mainstream vein or generic vibe, its different it makes me feel something like the album viva did, the production it is really like the viva days, clean and well done. Its generic, its not that original but it is strong. IM SO INTERESTED ON THE SONGS THAT AREN'T SINGLE NOW *------*. imagine, color spectrum or up&up