✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Adventure Of A Lifetime

Sparky

I really like it! Have played it on repeat a few times. And was eager to get on the forum and see what other people were saying. I enjoy my music a little more upbeat and was relieved to hear this song. I am so curious about the other tracks!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care what anyone says, I find this song is damn solid. Groovy, different, makes me want to dance with huge crowds in concerts, it's a feel good song, which they hinted at throughout production I believe. Reminds me of Brandon Flowers' Desired Effect album. There's cheesiness but as always, since Yellow, Coldplay embraces it and makes it hit home, well for me anyway.

Guest kmm1482
I feel you bro.

Haha. That is exactly what I feel, even if this song has a mainstream vein or generic vibe, its different it makes me feel something like the album viva did, the production it is really like the viva days, clean and well done. Its generic, its not that original but it is strong. IM SO INTERESTED ON THE SONGS THAT AREN'T SINGLE NOW *------*. imagine, color spectrum or up&up

Thanks! It is mainstream, but juuuust out of the mainstream enough to make it stand out

Are the 4 kids on the artwork of this song the members of Coldplay when they were younger? Kind of looks like a possibility.

First post on here in years, Coldplay are back with a bang!

Phil on the cloud

Chris on the moon

Will hanging from Saturn

Jonny diving

Guy holding little sibling

Interesting.

I like it about as well as I liked Princess of China upon first hearing it - which is to say...hmm...different - a lot going on there - I need a few more listens...then I will likely love it.

Definitely not an immediate grabber like Charlie Brown was.

I don't know what Chris is doing with the lyrics. Slightly better than GS? The music is good- it is. I think I'd like the song better if I hadn't heard the clip, though. It's always hard to reconcile expectations with what you end up hearing. I just feel there are artists who do this "sound" much better, Daft Punk being the obvious example for me. I believe it was Gai who said there's no way for Coldplay to win here and I agree with that- there's such a diverse array of expectations among us fans. It's definitely better than the EDM direction I was afraid of (although some of those titles make me wonder if it's still lurking in the album), but I thought Will's drums foretold of something different. :|

Also' date=' as an Oldplayer, I can say that I like the new song. I don't love it but it's good.[/quote']

Hmm... that's contradicting! Your handle is goodmusiclover... you said it's a good song, but you said you don't love it, but you like it??? Hmm.... :D :laugh4:

All jokes aside, I am in the same position as you. I really do like the song, and I'm sure it'll really grow on me, but for now I just like it. I would have liked to see some more energy from the new single like ETIAW. But whatever, it's a good song. :)

I really like it, because this proves that Coldplay are trying new things. I was thinking... "What else could they possibly do that they haven't done before?? Minus the things that they aren't into, such as rap or heavy metal". Well, we got our answer. I'd also argue that this is actually a really creative song in a sense because it's such a cross between rock and pop. I really like how they managed to do that. They did some effects that they've never done before... it's experimenting. I really like the experimentation they did in this song, it's definetely more than the majority of Coldplay song they've done so far. That's just my opinion though. I am displeased with the fact that they couldn't get more different parts to it... it's just that same guitar thing over and over again with different parts in between. They could have done better on that.

But as a whole, it's a really good song. I like it. :)

I'm liking this song more and more every time I listen to it. It went from about a 4/10 on my first listen to about a 7/10 now. Loving it.

As for lyrics, I agree with what others are saying in that they are, once again, somewhat lacking. After having at least half of them stuck in my head at some point today, however, I've decided that there are some really good lines stuck in between some of the fluff.

Under pressure, under weight

We are diamonds taking shape

-

Granted, this isn't the most unique line I've ever heard, but it evokes some really great imagery and I've always loved the idea that greatness can be born out of strife. Revisited in the line Gotta hold up half the sky and say.

-

Everything you want's a dream away

and

I'm a dream that died by light of day

-

Okay these are honestly some of my favorite lines to come out of the post-Viva eras. I'm finding it really hard to put into words exactly how I want to explain this, but . . . It has kind of sad undertones, depending on how you look at it. I'm reading it as: you can have anything and everything you ever wanted, but it's so easy to slip up and lose it all again. Kind of like a "life is fleeting" thing. It could also be commenting on how we want all these shiny new things in our daily lives, but a lot of it is meaningless and insubstantial when we take into account the things that really matter.

. . . I'm reading too much into this I know, but in my defense I'm a nerdy English major :awesome:

But yeah all that stuff about heart beats and feeling alive again, no thanks :P

As gai said "Groove"! that is the word! Love it! It has hints of Daft Punk, Bee Gees, and I hear a smigen of LCD Soundsystem. It's got funk. It's the perfect first single. It's happy. It makes us dance. It's got "Ellen dancing on her show" all over it. I love hearing the boys singing in the background in the chorus. It has Jonny Guitar!!:jonny: :guitarist: The "Wooo Hooo Wooo Hoooo at the end is classic Coldplay!

This song is really growing on me. I'm starting to love it now... this is better than most of GS by FARRRRR. The lyrics are still down there are little bit but honestly, for real, there are better lyrics in this song than all of GS combined. And that's not a lie.

I'm liking this song more and more every time I listen to it. It went from about a 4/10 on my first listen to about a 7/10 now. Loving it.

As for lyrics, I agree with what others are saying in that they are, once again, somewhat lacking. After having at least half of them stuck in my head at some point today, however, I've decided that there are some really good lines stuck in between some of the fluff.

Under pressure, under weight

We are diamonds taking shape

-

Granted, this isn't the most unique line I've ever heard, but it evokes some really great imagery and I've always loved the idea that greatness can be born out of strife. Revisited in the line Gotta hold up half the sky and say.

-

Everything you want's a dream away

and

I'm a dream that died by light of day

-

Okay these are honestly some of my favorite lines to come out of the post-Viva eras. I'm finding it really hard to put into words exactly how I want to explain this, but . . . It has kind of sad undertones, depending on how you look at it. I'm reading it as: you can have anything and everything you ever wanted, but it's so easy to slip up and lose it all again. Kind of like a "life is fleeting" thing. It could also be commenting on how we want all these shiny new things in our daily lives, but a lot of it is meaningless and insubstantial when we take into account the things that really matter.

. . . I'm reading too much into this I know, but in my defense I'm a nerdy English major :awesome:

But yeah all that stuff about heart beats and feeling alive again, no thanks :P

Great explanation!!! Very insightful. :D :thumbsup:

As gai said "Groove"! that is the word! Love it! It has hints of Daft Punk, Bee Gees, and I hear a smigen of LCD Soundsystem. It's got funk. It's the perfect first single. It's happy. It makes us dance. It's got "Ellen dancing on her show" all over it. I love hearing the boys singing in the background in the chorus. It has Jonny Guitar!!:jonny: :guitarist: The "Wooo Hooo Wooo Hoooo at the end is classic Coldplay!

It's sad if these are the reasons why they make music nowadays.

It's sad if these are the reasons why they make music nowadays.

They love making their music and are very happy with their result!Not as if they need more money by creating music that appeals to a larger audience,they make their music because its genuinely the music they like.