🛒 SHOP THE NEW CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COLLECTION 🛒
stephen

[2015-11-21] TIDALXCOLDPLAY Presented by KROQ (Tonight 20:30 LA, 04:30 UK)

b-but how do you manage to stuff so many layers into one song aND STILL MAKE IT REPETITIVE?!

My headphones are alright, I've got Sony Bass headphones, I hear a lot of the layers.

But just these 4 songs are already better than MX and GS combined.

I hope the stream worked! I think the most we had was about 1.3k viewers at one time!

It was right on, great quality throughout, great audio, only a few points where it lagged, one point during Clocks lagged like crazy for a few seconds but that was probably mine internet, but you're awesome thx

Okay. Yeah. This is very T-Swift. Holycows. This could have been on 1989. Minus the guitar solo---no doubt.

Oh thank fuck someone else heard the t swizzle. I thought I was going crazy. We still might be, lol

Seems like I'm the only one who isn't too impressed with the new songs :freak:

I'm not too impressed either, but hey I have to admit they are both way better than AOAL, so everything's not lost..

I am SOOOO glad you're happy with these songs. :)

Hmm weird... the first time I downloaded AHFOD it cut to the first 4 seconds, second time it was fine... hmm. Whatever, It's good now. :)

Oh thank fuck someone else heard the t swizzle. I thought I was going crazy. We still might be, lol

No it totally does!! Jonny's guitar sounds like a steel, slide guitar (country music) the drumbeat and electronic noises sound like Blank Space to me or Style... But luckily the solos are very britpop and Chris' piano is more lovely than anything you could get out of Taylor Swift.. but even the piano feels like T-swizzle too.

So Chris changed the las lyric from Ghost Stories "don't ever let go" to "don't ever give up"

Not in my opinion.

I'm not too impressed either, but hey I have to admit they are both way better than AOAL, so everything's not lost..
Everything's not lost is better than everything I've heard from the new album so far..

Though, if you ask me..RED ..which obviously borrowed from U2- like on the first song of the album. If you haven't heard it...you should listen.

They're all sharing from each other. I think a lot of musicians share from Coldplay. It may come off sounding more U2, Keane, Snow Patrol ..whatever.. but it's that sound..and you know when you hear it.

One thing which I don't like is, Coldplay was always a band with extremely strong lead melodies (which is very important for me personally to love a piece of music). Miss those melodies in all AHFOD songs known so far (except perhaps Amazing Day, which comes close to having a good melody).

Can't stop listening to AHFOD. So glad Chris hasn't forgotten his original influences.

Well, that track goes to show that Everything's Not Lost.;)

Ok I get it it's not like Twisted Logic, but......dem guitar solos????????:D

Everything's not lost is better than everything I've heard from the new album so far..

I do not doubt that, but I was trying my best to judge the songs without comparing them to Oldplay (cause you know, I wanna avoid murder and bloodshed and A Forum Full Of Fighting right now...)

One thing which I don't like is, Coldplay was always a band with extremely strong lead melodies (which is very important for me personally to love a piece of music). Miss those melodies in all AHFOD songs known so far (except perhaps Amazing Day, which comes close to having a good melody).
Word!

I actually got teared up during Amazing Day. I think I'm pretty immune to Fix You at this point.

One thing which I don't like is' date=' Coldplay was always a band with extremely strong lead melodies (which is very important for me personally to love a piece of music). Miss those melodies in all AHFOD songs known so far (except perhaps Amazing Day, which comes close to having a good melody).[/quote']

That's the thing. Ever since Lover's in Japan of Viva the extremely strong lead melodies seemed to have been fading slowly but surely.. not to say that there isn't song in Newplay era with them tho because there are a few, but they seem to be getting less frequent. That's the one problem I'm finding with these new songs.

Personally, I still love the HECK out of them tho. Hey, at least AHFOD isn't pop. :)

74 MB :laugh3: :laugh3:

Worth the space though!