✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-11-21] TIDALXCOLDPLAY Presented by KROQ (Tonight 20:30 LA, 04:30 UK)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm weird... the first time I downloaded AHFOD it cut to the first 4 seconds, second time it was fine... hmm. Whatever, It's good now. :)

Oh thank fuck someone else heard the t swizzle. I thought I was going crazy. We still might be, lol

No it totally does!! Jonny's guitar sounds like a steel, slide guitar (country music) the drumbeat and electronic noises sound like Blank Space to me or Style... But luckily the solos are very britpop and Chris' piano is more lovely than anything you could get out of Taylor Swift.. but even the piano feels like T-swizzle too.

But just these 4 songs are already better than MX and GS combined.
Not in my opinion.

I'm not too impressed either, but hey I have to admit they are both way better than AOAL, so everything's not lost..
Everything's not lost is better than everything I've heard from the new album so far..

Oh thank fuck someone else heard the t swizzle. I thought I was going crazy. We still might be, lol

Though, if you ask me..RED ..which obviously borrowed from U2- like on the first song of the album. If you haven't heard it...you should listen.

They're all sharing from each other. I think a lot of musicians share from Coldplay. It may come off sounding more U2, Keane, Snow Patrol ..whatever.. but it's that sound..and you know when you hear it.

One thing which I don't like is, Coldplay was always a band with extremely strong lead melodies (which is very important for me personally to love a piece of music). Miss those melodies in all AHFOD songs known so far (except perhaps Amazing Day, which comes close to having a good melody).

Everything's not lost is better than everything I've heard from the new album so far..

I do not doubt that, but I was trying my best to judge the songs without comparing them to Oldplay (cause you know, I wanna avoid murder and bloodshed and A Forum Full Of Fighting right now...)

One thing which I don't like is, Coldplay was always a band with extremely strong lead melodies (which is very important for me personally to love a piece of music). Miss those melodies in all AHFOD songs known so far (except perhaps Amazing Day, which comes close to having a good melody).
Word!

One thing which I don't like is' date=' Coldplay was always a band with extremely strong lead melodies (which is very important for me personally to love a piece of music). Miss those melodies in all AHFOD songs known so far (except perhaps Amazing Day, which comes close to having a good melody).[/quote']

That's the thing. Ever since Lover's in Japan of Viva the extremely strong lead melodies seemed to have been fading slowly but surely.. not to say that there isn't song in Newplay era with them tho because there are a few, but they seem to be getting less frequent. That's the one problem I'm finding with these new songs.

Personally, I still love the HECK out of them tho. Hey, at least AHFOD isn't pop. :)

I hope the stream worked! I think the most we had was about 1.3k viewers at one time!

It was great! Thanks! The only things that annoyed me were the ads every 15 minutes or so, and it crashed once for me, but otherwise, amazing quality, and I cant thank you enough!!

Well, this is also Coldplay's longest track that actually goes on and on. Almost 7 full minutes.

Coldplay has done it.

When I looked back at how long it was, I thought, "wait, did they add X Marks the Spot to the end and i didn't notice it?!?!" But, no, that was one long, epic song!

I don't know if you notice but the concert started with Guy having a mic stand/microphone for backing vocals and it ended without one! Where did it go??

It probably disappeared after Fix You.

And I agree with others that Up&Up sounded kinda gospel-y. But only at the beginning. The rest of the song is just Wow!!