✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-11-21] TIDALXCOLDPLAY Presented by KROQ (Tonight 20:30 LA, 04:30 UK)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man finally someone who shares my opinion, I already felt like an outcast :worried: And I SO agree on your "Love the solos but not sure if I am going to hate it in a month or worship it..." They can get pretty annoying after a while, or grow on you. LET'S SEE!

And why is it that every new song takes ages to sound nice, and then it's over? I only like the last thirds of all the new songs, the rest is repetitive and you have to listen to 3 minutes of that until some variation comes. *heavy sigh* Maybe the other songs will be nicer.

I think it is because they are trying to cram as many lines / parts as much as possible - do you listen with good quality headphones? If not, I suggest to try it, also try catching all the individual lines... AOAL has like at least 6-8 layers (I only finally got familiar enough with it to hear them all)... Amazing Day needs everyone to be exactly at the right tempo, that's why each new performance sounds better than the last.

As I said elsewhere before, they are challenging themselves musically in the way they perform I think - things need to be absolutely spot on, then they sound amazing, otherwise something will sound off... They are raising the complexity stakes (sound-wise anyway)!

The only thing I'm not liking about the new songs are the "wooooh-oohhh" bits. They sound the exact same in all the new songs. Way too forced for my liking.

Agreed. I mentioned it in another thread, but the ohh ohh ohhs are starting to be overused.

Oh man finally someone who shares my opinion, I already felt like an outcast And I SO agree on your "Love the solos but not sure if I am going to hate it in a month or worship it..." They can get pretty annoying after a while, or grow on you. LET'S SEE!

And why is it that every new song takes ages to sound nice, and then it's over? I only like the last thirds of all the new songs, the rest is repetitive and you have to listen to 3 minutes of that until some variation comes. *heavy sigh* Maybe the other songs will be nicer.

I hope they grow too, and that perhaps these first impressions are only ho-hum because the liver performances don't fully incorporate the production or energy? Who knows. Either way I am worried that these new tracks feel very dad-rock. Someone just compared Up&Up to Train and unfortunately that sounds kind of right :( God I hate Train (save Drops of Jupiter). But yeah, I think once the album ties the songs all together they will sound more complete. Can't love everything on first impression...Took me a while to fall in love with Paradise, Magic, and others.

But I dunno why this hasn't grabbed me the same way the ENTIRETY of Viva did when I was younger.

A Head Full Of Dreams: great drumbeat, but it did not convince me. It might be a grower. Loved the lasers and all the colors. Great work by PH and company. Jonny has a good guitar riff on it. My favorite part were the ¨ohhh¨ in the middle of the song. I am looking forward to hear the studio version.

Yellow: amazing as always. Did I already mention that Will is banging those drums as if the world was going to end tomorrow? You could even see his struggling face in several parts of the show. The boys in great shape as always and they seem pretty happy. Guy was laughing at several parts of the song.

A Sky Full Of Stars: The place of this song is certainly not at the beginning of the setlist. Hopefully they will change it for the tour. The star shaped confetti was massive and Chris sang almost all the song from the floor. It is indeed a great song live. I really liked how Chris interacted with the audience in this one. He looks very happy! Great acoustic finale by Chris in the piano.

Paradise: Already a classic and sounds beautiful live. I did not understand why Chris was playing only partly the piano part. Had not noticed this on previous performances. The crowd sang very good.

Amazing Day: The visuals!!! Kudos once again to Phil and Tom Bairstow (who made them). They are beautiful! The song is good but not great. I guess the ¨ohhh¨ part will be nice to hear in a stadium setting. You could see in Chris face that the song has a very special significance to him. Before the ¨ohhh¨ Chris changed a bit the lyrics and sang: ¨Amazing day both of us say…¨ The bridge is the best part of the song. Also some new guitar parts in the end by Jonny. They sounded pretty good. Looking forward to the album version.

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall: Another classic by now. A song that has stood the test of time. When I heard this one and Paradise, I immediately thought that so far we had not heard a GREAT song of this era (then came Up&Up). More gorgeous visual effects during this song.

Clocks: Very good as always but I think that maybe is time to let it rest during this era (as they did with Politik during the MX tour). Once again, massive lasers. I really liked them.

Fix You: Beautiful intro by Chris in the piano. Hopefully they will keep it. I concur with PH that this is and will very probably remain the best Coldplay song ever. It is just beautiful. And Chris has to go back to jumping during Jonny’s solo for the tour. Chris voice was in good shape. Chris did a solo in the end without any instruments. Sounded really nice.

Viva la Vida: I saw Dianne at the beginning singing the ¨ohhh ohhh¨. Chris was amazing mimicking the lyrics of the song as he sang. It is basically the same version as the MX and GS tour. They should change it a bit for the new tour. Obviously a song that they will always play because it is once of the best songs ever! Loved the ending with the acoustic piano by Chris. GREAT!

Adventure of a Lifetime: Sounds different from the album version. You can actually hear Jonny’s guitar more clearly and it has a more Hawaiian vibe. I think they also play it faster. Great song and Chris is really throwing everything into it. Sounds great and the woohoos at the end are going to be beyond massive during the tour.

Up&Up: When Chris starts saying that this is the song they have been waiting to write for 15 years, you know that you’re in for a treat. The piano riff is hauntingly beautiful. The melody has that vibe which I think was that made many of us fell in love with the band. The chorus is amazing and so hopeful! Did I already say how beautiful the melody is? And then we start getting utterly amazing guitar riffs. This is a new classic, guys! As if that were not enough, the song is so long! I was smiling all the way! And then that last part with Chris solo in the piano, that was the perfect ending. I am speechless and will go back to hear that song, NOW!

Don’t ever give up!

Great show! The boys are back! Let’s enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I think it is because they are trying to cram as many lines / parts as much as possible - do you listen with good quality headphones? If not, I suggest to try it, also try catching all the individual lines... AOAL has like at least 6-8 layers (I only finally got familiar enough with it to hear them all)... Amazing Day needs everyone to be exactly at the right tempo, that's why each new performance sounds better than the last.

As I said elsewhere before, they are challenging themselves musically in the way they perform I think - things need to be absolutely spot on, then they sound amazing, otherwise something will sound off... They are raising the complexity stakes (sound-wise anyway)!

b-but how do you manage to stuff so many layers into one song aND STILL MAKE IT REPETITIVE?!

My headphones are alright, I've got Sony Bass headphones, I hear a lot of the layers.

The transition from AHFOD to Yellow rivals the liquid ambience of the AROBTTH days. Can't wait to hear that live.

What's strange is...Yellow live.. is the worst part of the concert for me...always. I just don't care for that song ...I've worn myself out on it. It's the only Coldplay song that's done that.

It's Coldplay's version of Radiohead's Creep ...to me, basically.

But, I do think the way they played it tonight...is better than it's been. They went down on the tempo from the Mylo live concert. And it just sounded production-wise good.

But awesome concert- and if Yellow is the worst song of a concert- you're doin good as a band!!!

Pretty good to see the gang back. A Head Full Of Dreams is an EXPLOSIVE upbeat song it's like Coldplay MX version of Politk. Amazing Day is really epic and sounded great here, best performance of this song so far.

At the start I didn't like Up&Up, but the song builds, builds and builds and then Jonny starts one of the best guitars solos of Coldplay career and I was like O_O. AHFOD seems like their best album since Viva. I'm totally on the HYPE train.

I hope the stream worked! I think the most we had was about 1.3k viewers at one time!

It was right on, great quality throughout, great audio, only a few points where it lagged, one point during Clocks lagged like crazy for a few seconds but that was probably mine internet, but you're awesome thx