🛒 SHOP THE NEW CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COLLECTION 🛒
stephen

[2015-11-21] TIDALXCOLDPLAY Presented by KROQ (Tonight 20:30 LA, 04:30 UK)

Guest diogo_sg

Can someone post a link to the full show, please? I'm going crazy if I don't watch it soon.

I hope there's just one track on this album which is just Chris and an acoustic guitar. The upbeat songs are great but it's just common album making manners to put at least one down tempo track there to give us a break.

From what we've seen so far I think that'll be Kaleidoscope.

Also, that track you speak of seems to always be the 7th or 8th track in the album. It's weird, and it's happened every single time with every album Coldplay has done...

I'm wondering why AOAL was the first single and not AHFOD? AHFOD seems the much better choice' date=' no?[/quote']

Even though AHFOD is definetely surperior to AOAL... I just don't know why I felt that their decision in choosing AOAL out of the song's we've heard so far was the "right" one. It... hmmm

Out of the four, AOAL is by far the weakest imho. Amazing Day has grown a little bit on me too (I may actually like the studio version, who knows), and I am not quite sure about Up&Up yet (the electronic drumbeat really irritates me).

Have been looping and enjoying AHFOD for a few times now, though. I think for an upbeat, poppy song it's quite good and has some rock elements (sounds like a cross of HLH and DLIBYH).

hmm AHFOD doesn't sound a lot poppy to me TBH

I only scrutinize songs like this when I really like them, and try to find out why I like them so much. For Up&Up for example, I thought:

"Okay, it feels like we're already 5 minutes in and he's been singing the same thing for the entire time. Oh! A long guitar solo, nice!... wait, okay, yeah, already forgot the melody. Oh again, the same lyrics, but the choir is nic-OHMYGOD IT JUST LOOPS FOREVER, and then dies down, and drags itself on with the same repetitive pattern! ARRRGH"

Like, cut out the first half of the song, keep the nice intro, the nice middle, and cut the long ass choir repetitions in the end and reduce them to maybe 3.

At first I thought the stream was lagging because it all sounded the same to me, but it was just the song :|

Fun fact, Up&Up is almost a full 7 minutes long. :D

It is a tad repetitive (but all album closers Coldplay have made are like that) but IMO the guitar solos provide enough flavor to keep me interested. :)

And the melody... hm. It seems a bit generic when you think about it but it's just a little bit gorgeous, and it's generic, but... beautiful! I don't know why I like it.... the way he plays it I guess, and in the intro especially it seems really good.

I love how the song keeps building up. It takes a while to get going but the buildup feels just so amazing. It reminds me of Amsterdam and Everything's Not Lost to be honest (especially the way that Everything's not Lost builds up feels like the way in Up&Up... they just keep adding more and more :D)

Also, two guitar solos in one song???? TWO in ONE???? That's just so epic... I feel like that with this song, they hit the nail on the head. :D

All in all, this is probably IMO going to be one of Coldplay's best tracks from AHFOD Everything's just so blending so easily, smoothly and efficiently, it's unexplainable really... I'm going to put this at #3 or #2 in my Album Closings list, can't decide yet.... :)

I absolutely love all the 4 and a bit songs we've heard so far!

AOAL really grew on me and I love it. Same goes for Amazing Day where live versions after the first one has really sold me on it.

But man, the AHFOD title song and Up&Up. First of all AHFOD, what a great opener! I'd never heard it before and I was like yeah this is awesome! And the band including Chris performed great!

And then Up&Up. What a beautiful intro to that song. "We've been waiting 15 years to make this one." What a song! I loved everything about it. Chris' singing and lyrics, the choir, the double guitar solo. Of course I'd never heard this one before either but it immediately made me cry. No Coldplay song ever made me cry on first listen. This is a very strong closer to the album imho.

Also, the audio quality from the stream was top notch. Seems like the whole super high fidelity thing doesn't only apply to the music.

Absolutely loved the entire performance. When Chris says "A head full, a head full of dreeeeammms" and it echoes, it's just amazing. I think Up&Up is my new favourite Coldplay song.. that just blew me away. Hype is through the roof now!!!

I absolutely love all the 4 and a bit songs we've heard so far!

AOAL really grew on me and I love it. Same goes for Amazing Day where live versions after the first one has really sold me on it.

But man, the AHFOD title song and Up&Up. First of all AHFOD, what a great opener! I'd never heard it before and I was like yeah this is awesome! And the band including Chris performed great!

And then Up&Up. What a beautiful intro to that song. "We've been waiting 15 years to make this one." What a song! I loved everything about it. Chris' singing and lyrics, the choir, the double guitar solo. Of course I'd never heard this one before either but it immediately made me cry. No Coldplay song ever made me cry on first listen. This is a very strong closer to the album imho.

Also, the audio quality from the stream was top notch. Seems like the whole super high fidelity thing doesn't only apply to the music.

Agree with all you said. Up &Up.... can't find words. :D

Life Hack: copy the links into a youtube to mp3 site and download it and the audio will still work ;)

youtube.com/ watch?v=Df179r_lWD8&list=PLp4gs0KGkNRHqW_CVVzI5jz__ZGXOfM-t

youtube.com/ watch?v=q2SUxJ_vdbQ&index=1&list=PLp4gs0KGkNRHqW_CVVzI5jz__ZGXOfM-t

I tried this a minute before you posted it but I forgot to share because I was listening to Up&Up :P :D

can anyone give me a vibe of the new song$? because they always have a vibe per album

^ Actually U2 + pop (not the teenage pop-crap kind but the more mature pop from the late 80's - early 90's) in all its good incarnations... it's just well-crafted pop.

They sound like they are collecting bits and pieces of good sounds everywhere and putting it all together for the album, but I think the overall feel is very mainstream

Absolutely loved the entire performance. When Chris says "A head full' date=' a head full of dreeeeammms" and it echoes, it's just amazing. I think Up&Up is my new favourite Coldplay song.. that just blew me away. Hype is through the roof now!!![/quote']

I thought I LOVED Up&Up before... with each listen I am WARMING UP to it. It's growing on me very quickly.

^ Actually U2 + pop (not the teenage pop-crap kind but the more mature pop from the late 80's - early 90's) in all its good incarnations... it's just well-crafted pop.

They sound like they are collecting bits and pieces of good sounds everywhere and putting it all together for the album, but I think the overall feel is very mainstream

Yeah. With AHFOD they're definetely starting to catch on with getting a bit more mature again and going back to the rockier side of things while keeping experimentation.... they're sticking to pop but they're getting smarter with it. :)

NOOOO ! There was this extremely high quality recording of AHFOD which I was looping' date=' now it's gone !![/quote']

Ughhhh so sad I didn't get there to download the vids in time... :(

In the TIDAL app you can search for Coldplay, tap "more videos" and then near the bottom there is a video titled "TIDAL X Coldplay". BUT it's some 20 second clip from a metal concert. Either it's a bad joke or just a mistake?

Life Hack: copy the links into a youtube to mp3 site and download it and the audio will still work ;)

youtube.com/ watch?v=Df179r_lWD8&list=PLp4gs0KGkNRHqW_CVVzI5jz__ZGXOfM-t

youtube.com/ watch?v=q2SUxJ_vdbQ&index=1&list=PLp4gs0KGkNRHqW_CVVzI5jz__ZGXOfM-t

Didn't work for me... :(

up and up is so goooodd yes its one of their best songs if not their best its so uplifitng and the solos! wow I can see this being a hit if it gets released

In the TIDAL app you can search for Coldplay, tap "more videos" and then near the bottom there is a video titled "TIDAL X Coldplay". BUT it's some 20 second clip from a metal concert. Either it's a bad joke or just a mistake?

I noticed the same thing. This was a chance for them to get a bunch of new subscribers, but can't say I'm impressed if they're going to be making those kinds of mistakes.

Up and Up is Official my new favorite song. All the boys were locked in and just added there solos 2 the song.

Cm just destroyed the vocals only like CM can do!!

This band is like a Fine wine and just keeps getting better with age.

This band is like a Fine wine and just keeps getting better with age.

Nah, they're more like milk to be honest.

Guest diogo_sg

While I don't agree with you, you just cracked me up.

So THAT explains why they become cheesier the more they age!

*Pats self on back*

So THAT explains why they become cheesier the more they age!

*Pats self on back*

Nonono, that is NOT funny! :D

Are there any videos up yet from it? I slept through it and now all I see is Up&Up is amazing… Up&Up is like a new Fix You and if I'd known this would've been the case then I wouldn't have dared gone to sleep. Someone help me out!

Guest diogo_sg
Are there any videos up yet from it? I slept through it and now all I see is Up&Up is amazing… Up&Up is like a new Fix You and if I'd known this would've been the case then I wouldn't have dared gone to sleep. Someone help me out!

Check Coldplayer42 on YouTube.