✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-11-21] TIDALXCOLDPLAY Presented by KROQ (Tonight 20:30 LA, 04:30 UK)

I absolutely love all the 4 and a bit songs we've heard so far!

AOAL really grew on me and I love it. Same goes for Amazing Day where live versions after the first one has really sold me on it.

But man, the AHFOD title song and Up&Up. First of all AHFOD, what a great opener! I'd never heard it before and I was like yeah this is awesome! And the band including Chris performed great!

And then Up&Up. What a beautiful intro to that song. "We've been waiting 15 years to make this one." What a song! I loved everything about it. Chris' singing and lyrics, the choir, the double guitar solo. Of course I'd never heard this one before either but it immediately made me cry. No Coldplay song ever made me cry on first listen. This is a very strong closer to the album imho.

Also, the audio quality from the stream was top notch. Seems like the whole super high fidelity thing doesn't only apply to the music.

Agree with all you said. Up &Up.... can't find words. :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can anyone give me a vibe of the new song$? because they always have a vibe per album

^ Actually U2 + pop (not the teenage pop-crap kind but the more mature pop from the late 80's - early 90's) in all its good incarnations... it's just well-crafted pop.

They sound like they are collecting bits and pieces of good sounds everywhere and putting it all together for the album, but I think the overall feel is very mainstream

Absolutely loved the entire performance. When Chris says "A head full' date=' a head full of dreeeeammms" and it echoes, it's just amazing. I think Up&Up is my new favourite Coldplay song.. that just blew me away. Hype is through the roof now!!![/quote']

I thought I LOVED Up&Up before... with each listen I am WARMING UP to it. It's growing on me very quickly.

^ Actually U2 + pop (not the teenage pop-crap kind but the more mature pop from the late 80's - early 90's) in all its good incarnations... it's just well-crafted pop.

They sound like they are collecting bits and pieces of good sounds everywhere and putting it all together for the album, but I think the overall feel is very mainstream

Yeah. With AHFOD they're definetely starting to catch on with getting a bit more mature again and going back to the rockier side of things while keeping experimentation.... they're sticking to pop but they're getting smarter with it. :)

Life Hack: copy the links into a youtube to mp3 site and download it and the audio will still work ;)

youtube.com/ watch?v=Df179r_lWD8&list=PLp4gs0KGkNRHqW_CVVzI5jz__ZGXOfM-t

youtube.com/ watch?v=q2SUxJ_vdbQ&index=1&list=PLp4gs0KGkNRHqW_CVVzI5jz__ZGXOfM-t

Didn't work for me... :(

In the TIDAL app you can search for Coldplay, tap "more videos" and then near the bottom there is a video titled "TIDAL X Coldplay". BUT it's some 20 second clip from a metal concert. Either it's a bad joke or just a mistake?

I noticed the same thing. This was a chance for them to get a bunch of new subscribers, but can't say I'm impressed if they're going to be making those kinds of mistakes.

Guest diogo_sg
Are there any videos up yet from it? I slept through it and now all I see is Up&Up is amazing… Up&Up is like a new Fix You and if I'd known this would've been the case then I wouldn't have dared gone to sleep. Someone help me out!

Check Coldplayer42 on YouTube.

Yep, I saw two new songs from Coldplayer42 on Youtube as well (Thanks dude, you're amazing!). Can anyone post the entire show? Did anyone record it?

I have got my free trial account on Tidal and I dont see they post a replay show on the website. Perhaps tomorrow?

GUESS WHO CAN'T SLEEP... :(

EDIT: And of course I have the perfect Coldplay lyric for this. Note, "turn you on" meant in a completely innocent way here, it's just that watching the concert, looping AHFOD many times afterwards and discussing on the forums made all my tiredness disappear.

But it's not easy when AHFOD turns you on/

Sleep stays gone

GUESS WHO CAN'T SLEEP... :(

EDIT: And of course I have the perfect Coldplay lyric for this. Note, "turn you on" meant in a completely innocent way here, it's just that watching the concert, looping AHFOD many times afterwards and discussing on the forums made all my tiredness disappear.

But it's not easy when AHFOD turns you on/

Sleep stays gone

:laugh3: You should audition to be Coldplay's lyricist! (Dunno what Chris will do though... :laugh3:)

I hope the stream worked! I think the most we had was about 1.3k viewers at one time!

Yes it did! Thanks.

I was able to watch almost everything until suddendly at the middle of Up&Up my laptop crashed. :)

I'm not sure yet how I feel about AHFOD, but I'm impressed by the part of Up&Up that I managed to hear.

I hope someone was able to record it because I need to watch/hear and take it all in again. :)