✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

I hope A L I E N S is a vaporwave song [emoji38]

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

Vaporwave is just 80's instrumentals slowed down and repeated over and over again lol. Maybe they'll do it with the AOAL guitar line haha. But then again, its all about the A E S T H E T I C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

"All I Can Think about is You" is the cousin of "Always in my Head"? LOL

Yes that title is really cheese even for Coldplay standards. But who knows, maybe the song is good.

I can understand the hate for SJLT specially If you became fan of the band after listen the first two albums and really like X&Y and VLVODAAHF. I like it. Its not my favorite Coldplay song but I found it better than the worst Coldplay songs like POC, ASFOS, XMTS.

I'm expecting ALIENS being a more guitar driven song. Maybe a psychedelic song or even a rock song.

I don't know what to think about Miracles 2. Maybe is a completely different song from Miracles?

I love Hypnotised. A song that could easily fit in any Coldplay era. One of the best Coldplay ballads of this era. It really sound like a Bon Iver song and the video is gorgeous.

Enviado de meu MotoG3 usando Tapatalk

Bittersweet looking at the track listing, if we wait til June 2nd I would have hoped for more "new" tracks, but that is being greedy. But when you only have 5 tracks, why make two of them songs we have already heard and divided about? Also, sounds like Prince inspired the names of these songs haha WHERE IS KALEIDOSCOPE EXTENDED LIKE THE LIVE VERSION??---

1. All I Can Think About Is You---Not loving this title, but as the intro to the EP I got big hopes for something long and pretty.

2. SJLT--Why god why. Why does this track need to be on a Coldplay and Chainsmokers release...This will be Chris' lovechild for the next tour I suppose....Best case scenario, it is an alternate Coldplay version, but that seems very unlikely. Please be the only dud.

3. Miracles 2-- ehhhhhhhhhhh I can't say I am interested to hear this. Miracles 1 was just okay, scarred by Stargate in my opinion. If its acoustic orwith a bunch of atmosphere and ambiance like the wonderful Batman edit, then I'm on board. But why not just put a new song out? Seems lazy.

4. A L I E N S-- My only hope on this EP for the bizarre. I'd like something dark, fast, and rocky. But I am concerned this one is most likely to be a short interlude, maybe its just the UFO, MMIX in me.

5. Hypnotised-- Digging it. A good B-side for AHFOD. Absolutely gorgeous production.

• Like 1

Bittersweet looking at the track listing, if we wait til June 2nd I would have hoped for more "new" tracks, but that is being greedy. But when you only have 5 tracks, why make two of them songs we have already heard and divided about? Also, sounds like Prince inspired the names of these songs haha WHERE IS KALEIDOSCOPE EXTENDED LIKE THE LIVE VERSION??---

1. All I Can Think About Is You---Not loving this title, but as the intro to the EP I got big hopes for something long and pretty.

2. SJLT--Why god why. Why does this track need to be on a Coldplay and Chainsmokers release...This will be Chris' lovechild for the next tour I suppose....Best case scenario, it is an alternate Coldplay version, but that seems very unlikely. Please be the only dud.

3. Miracles 2-- ehhhhhhhhhhh I can't say I am interested to hear this. Miracles 1 was just okay, scarred by Stargate in my opinion. If its acoustic orwith a bunch of atmosphere and ambiance like the wonderful Batman edit, then I'm on board. But why not just put a new song out? Seems lazy.

4. A L I E N S-- My only hope on this EP for the bizarre. I'd like something dark, fast, and rocky. But I am concerned this one is most likely to be a short interlude, maybe its just the UFO, MMIX in me.

5. Hypnotised-- Digging it. A good B-side for AHFOD. Absolutely gorgeous production.

hmm id love to hear that Miracles edit

I'm slightly annoyed it isn't "Miracles ii"

Miracles 2 is the song that has me most perplexed in this list and i wonder if the decision to write 2 instead of ii for instance is more than just a change in style

like if Miracles 2 is more of a do-over than a part 2 :p or if it's even just completely unrelated but they wanted to use that title again

My guess is that the new Chainsmokers song is gonna be in the EP.. Not bad considering it is a Chainsmokers song first, featuring Coldplay... but not exactly what I'd like their other Kaleidoscope songs to sound like.

Told you guys Something Just Like This would be on the EP, called it!!!!

I'm most disappointed with Miracles 2, especially if it's the same song, in another version, as if the guys don't have enough new music to share... Sooo hoping it is a completely new Miracles instead..

I have a feeling that miracles 2 would be a totally new song. Maybe reusing the title because Chris is in such a miracle-y mood lately. If not, bummer. The biggest let down being having the Chainsmokers song on the ep.

• Like 2

Miracles 2 is the song that has me most perplexed in this list and i wonder if the decision to write 2 instead of ii for instance is more than just a change in style

like if Miracles 2 is more of a do-over than a part 2 :p or if it's even just completely unrelated but they wanted to use that title again

Same here. You can't really add anything to the original Miracles, so my bet is that it's going to be either:

1) A reworked version--more synthy or more guitar-driven or acoustic or something, idk. Something different enough to justify releasing it again after, what, 2 years? 3 years?

2) A "part 2" that counters the original song. Either a continuation of the story or an opposition to it in some way. Maybe the title "Miracles" will be more ironic this time around? Kinda like some people thought Paradise was actually going to be really dark and ominous before MX released?

I actually enjoy the original Miracles, so I don't know how to feel about this :p

• Like 2

Same here. You can't really add anything to the original Miracles, so my bet is that it's going to be either:

1) A reworked version--more synthy or more guitar-driven or acoustic or something, idk. Something different enough to justify releasing it again after, what, 2 years? 3 years?

2) A "part 2" that counters the original song. Either a continuation of the story or an opposition to it in some way. Maybe the title "Miracles" will be more ironic this time around? Kinda like some people thought Paradise was actually going to be really dark and ominous before MX released?

I actually enjoy the original Miracles, so I don't know how to feel about this :p

yeah! it's so weird, and especially considering the original Miracles was for a movie soundtrack, not just a regular Coldplay song. i guess we'll have to wait three months to see :P

Maybe they were just too lazy too make up a new songtitle for Miracles 2 :D

I really hope SJLT is the full Coldplay version, but knowing Chris it's probably the same we already heard.

I was also hoping for a Coldplay version of SJLT but unfortunately it's not:

upload_2017-3-2_18-57-57.thumb.png.9b8dc0eecd53b573d73b94a2aba4eb69.png

And also remember that Prospekt's March had one extension of a song (LiTii), two songs we had basically already heard (Lost+ and Lovers in Japan Osaka Sun Mix), and one short piano piece, giving us 4 "new" songs.

I am actually pretty curious to hear Miracles 2 because I can't image that they would release a track that is almost the same like an other song.

Just as they have said they had more versions of 'A Head Full Of Dreams' the title track. We'll have to wait a few months to hear the answer......