✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

Well friends, it's just about 7 am here on the east coast and I've had my first listen to Hypnotised

It should come as little surprise to anyone that I was blown away by how great it is and the video is also beautiful

I'm 100% looking forward to this song called A L I E N S

but... guys, Coldplay, let me talk to you frankly (as if they'd read this). What ON EARTH (or in space) is so important that we have to wait THREE MONTHS FOR THREE SONGS??? summer hits??? why not just release it, say, in a month and twelve days instead. Cut the wait time in half[emoji14]

Its crazy, the wait between the announcement and the release of this ep is almost 3 times the wait between the announcement and release of AHFOD.

oh and shoutout to the east coast

• Like 1

The boys try to go Bon Iver?

Not their strongest song. But then again, it's an EP.

In any case, I think the song might be a grower. Those ones that require more time.

Probably the part that bothers me the most it's the: "I'm hyp, hypnotised". You can only pull that off one time and they already did it with Paradise.

I wish Chris would work more on his lyrics (and get help from J, G & W).

Finally, Happy Birthday Chris! Thank you for providing the soundtrack of our lives!

• Like 2

i really like Hypnotised .. sound like new and old at the sametime .. it's not a single or hit one , the one you will hear at the radio also this is a long song .. remind me of what Ed Sheeran did when he release " How you would feel " as promotional single .. i love Jonny touch in this one and also the little build up through the end

not surprised by the mixed opinions here .. but it's kind sad how people keep mentioned how the band turn into the pop thing even if they release something quit far from being pop .. tbh even AHFOD is not a true pop album .. what Coldplay turn into is still different and unique and original even if you don't enjoy it .. what the band have been doing you won't hear it anywhere else .. go listen to taylor Swift or Katy perry and tell me if it's anything smaller to AHFOD era or the modren Coldplay .. i can say that about Maroon 5 and how they lost their Identity through the years .. but Coldplay still keep their souls and the old vibe .. Hypnotised somehow remaind me of AROBTTH / X&Y

anyway looking forward to this EP .. i feel like A L I E N S will be the " BIG " thing .. though the release date still weirdly far

• Like 3

I'm kinda bummed that we're getting SJLT on an EP that's already pretty short, but man if this song isn't gorgeous. AND IT'S SO LONG compared to the songs they've put out for the last, like, ten years!

I'm intrigued by A L I E N S and Miracles 2. The first one reminds me of the conspiracy theory meme of the Ancient Aliens guy [emoji23]

If the rest of the EP comes close to Hypnotised, I think we'll be in good shape!

me this morning: *is bored in class, scrolling through Facebook*

*sees Coldplay post but scrolls on because it's probably Chainsmokers related again*

*notices youtube link to a song I don't know*

"WAIT."

and then I had to wait 4 hours until I could listen to it. The End.

Lovely song, 10/10 for Jonny's solo. So I guess I'm excited to hear 3/5 of the EP. So mad SJLT is on it and All I Can Think About Is You is such a dreadful title it sounds like it could be a 5 Seconds of Summer song welp D:

• Like 6

Maybe A L I E N S stands for something else? As Love Ignites Each New Star??? Ok I'm really bad at this, we should try to find the best acronym

Edit: maybe star works better than start

Edit 2: well the comma between ignites and each can go and make it better

If Coldplay don't use my acronym I'll make a song that does

• Like 2