✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

Something a bit unrelated, but I have a feeling that since this EP has new songs, it could have songs that fuel the whole "Why wasn't this on the album?!" argument when it comes to them releasing these kinds of things. Case in point - for me at least - was All Your Friends and Ghost Story back when the SFOS single came out.

in this case though there's a very easy answer to that question, which is that the album was released more than a year ago :P

Yet ANOTHER surprise this time of year! Roughly 24 hours from now marks three years since the Ghost Stories announcement/first listen of Magic. And it's funny because I had actually completely forgotten about the new EP haha. So this was nice to see before going to bed!

Hypnotised is a nice little song... especially if you're really into someone. And I'm crushing hard on a girl right now so these lyrics are getting to me haha.

• Like 3

Who knows, maybe SJLT will be a just Coldplay version. Or else the exact same song would be on this album and Chainsmokers album

don't think so, the announcement on coldplay.com says "it includes Something Just Like This, the band's collaboration with the Chainsmokers" which makes me think it's the same version.

• Like 2

I can't shake off the feeling that All I Can Think About Is You is gonna be a heavy EDM/dance song...what do you think ?

Don't like the title, by the way - seems a bit plain and straightforward. Titles with more mystery are better imho :)

• Like 4

No Jonny solo? This new Hypnotised is pretty boring tbh, no highs and lows and pretty much the same tone throughout the song. Where are all the sparks Coldplay used to have? I hope not another disappointment from this EP.

No Jonny solo? This new Hypnotised is pretty boring tbh, no highs and lows and pretty much the same tone throughout the song. Where are all the sparks Coldplay used to have? I hope not another disappointment from this EP.

Wow, normally I can agree with people on some points, however I fully disagree with you. There is a beautiful solo by Jonny from the 04:00 mark (it's very much like the solo Jonny used to do live in AROBTTH). And as for the sparks, this song is consisting of sparks and emotions IMO. And the highs and lows (''Now it's sunrise)? Maybe you should give the song a few more listens! This song has restored all my faith in Coldplay again.

• Like 7

there is a Jonny solo?

Anyone getting a Pink Floyd vibe from this, like the way Chris sings and that dreamy guitar oh my god!

Massively bummed that there's technically only three new songs on the EP considering Miracles 2 could just be a rehash of what we know. I would have loved an extra one and then a version of Kaleidoscope with them turning it into a fuller song. But idk guess I'm just being ungrateful haha, I love this song.

• Like 4

AND WE FINALLY HAVE SOMETHING PEOPLE!

Although just a tad disappointing. But an announcement is still an announcement. 5 tracks, including SJLT, is a bit less than we were expecting. And imo Hypnotised is okay, not as good as everyone else seems to be amping it up to be, but still okay. It's quite unnecessarily long, it gets kind of bland and too drawn-out in certain parts. It does remind me a bit of lots of different eras of the band, most notably MX and AHFOD obviously, some parts remind me specifically of Amazing Day. It's got a cool, special kind of feel though, instrumental definitely sounds like it could be by someone else like a synthpop artist or someone similar (not the lyrics though, they're some typical good old meaningful/meaningless Chris lyrics which are currently standard for the band). I guess it's just ok, and hasn't strayed as much from AHFOD as most of us would've hoped, but as others have said, we should expect a change in direction from LP8, not this. There's still hope for the three other songs on the EP.

Also A L I E N S reminds me of U.F.O. o_O

Reminds me of Alien Radio from MX, could possibly be something to do with that?

Hot damn, Mesmerised is fucking good. Like wow. Wowow. This is some of the freshest material they've produced in years.
*Hypnotised*, not Mesmerised

I've gotta say I love the piano at the beginning though. But the lyrics are a little bit of a meme though...

3rd edit: When I let go of my inner desire for more songs like Politik, this song ends up growing on me. It is actually a pretty sweet song.

A really beautiful song! It reminds me a lot of AROBTTH with that amazing guitar, the C's voice and the perfect voice of W in some parts, are perfect.

The music is so dreamy, it transports your mind. Thank you my boys.

• Like 2