October 24, 20196 yr Arabesque is the song I have been waiting for Coldplay to release since VLVODAAHF. It sounds so gritty and the sounds in there are amazing. JC90 was bang on the money with Riverman by Noely G Even the cursing by Chris adds so much energy and attitude in there. It honestly sounds like an Oasis track it’s got so much attitude. I never in a million years thought they were capable of this at this point of their career but they’ve actually done it... the beautiful, beautiful bastards. I’m nearly in tears with happiness.
October 24, 20196 yr Never felt this excited for an album release since MX era!!! After Arabesque i just cannot waitttt
October 24, 20196 yr Anybody see full album details yet? Like track lenght and stuff? Just worried because Chris said they're both short albums and I'll be super mad if Sunrise and sunset are under 35 mins.... that would mean interlude tracks.... Exactly what I was thinking. If both discs are 35 minutes each it wouldn't be much of a double album and also the whole content would actually fit well onto one disc. Anyway, no complaining. It's Coldplay with new music and it's amazing! :heart: :moon: :sunrise:
October 24, 20196 yr I can't believe it happened! A new era has come! I think each song introduce on its own Sunrise/Sunset and it gives an idea on what to expect for the rest of the album. Orphans is a good transition from AHFOD. It feels like taking right the next step and the vibes are pretty cool. Arabesque is the new kid on the block. Using Coldplay brand new sounds. It brings to my mind Chinese Sleep Chant where the lyrics are not the main atraction, but the music kicks it. Now I have a countdown for November 22nd and the anxiety is back LOL
October 24, 20196 yr Wait, what ? Which line on Arabesque is explicit ?? I didn't hear anything The final line in "Arabesque": "Same fucking blood".
October 24, 20196 yr Does anyone see the CD for sale anywhere other than the official site? I refuse to order stuff from livenation/coldplay's site.
October 24, 20196 yr I feel like we should have separate threads for the songs. If it hasn’t been done already.
October 24, 20196 yr Someone said Orphans sounds like a Newplay/AHFOD song. To me, it really doesn’t.. the production is just way to good. It honestly sounds like a Stone Roses song. I knew the Britpop spirit in them lived on. Magnificent.
October 24, 20196 yr Does anyone see the CD for sale anywhere other than the official site? I refuse to order stuff from livenation/coldplay's site. If you are in the UK Banquet has it up for pre order - https://www.banquetrecords.com/coldplay/everyday-life/0190295337834
October 24, 20196 yr The final line in "Arabesque": "Same fucking blood". Thank you, I always have a hard time trying to understand everything
October 24, 20196 yr From the official website The 53-minute double album is divided into two halves, Sunrise and Sunset... 53 MINUTES IS NOT A DOUBLE ALBUM :CRY: Gee. A double mini album! ...The album’s cover image is based around a 1919 photo of Jonny’s great-grandfather’s band. Now that's a cool fact!
October 24, 20196 yr If you are in the UK Banquet has it up for pre order - https://www.banquetrecords.com/coldplay/everyday-life/0190295337834 US :/ Amazon just has Vinyl
October 24, 20196 yr Can someone say what Chris says and where ? Didn't hear any cursing It’s at the very end “Same fucking blood”
October 24, 20196 yr I loved Ghost Stories but I haven't felt so happy listening to a new Coldplay song since ETIAW was released!!!
October 24, 20196 yr haha chris was really unprepared when Annie asked him about his lyrics. Like, c'mon man, if you're gonna reference the syrian conflict in a happy sounding pop song you better be prepared to talk about it.
October 24, 20196 yr I think Orphans would have really benefited from a guitar solo. Still unbelievable though. Arabesque takes it for me.. next level. Beyond every expectation I had.
October 24, 20196 yr Looking for anyone’s comments on Orphans?? Does it have its own thread. I can’t be the only one who’s heard it. Not impressed. Sorry guys.
Create an account or sign in to comment