✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Chris said that the song strated during the making of VLV, when Eno "kicked him out of" so the rest of the band + Eno started it with a jam session

And what a jam! This proves Coldplay is not only Chris... Oh those beautiful bastards :relieved:

• Like 4

Wow totally smiling from ear to hear .. although there aren’t many lyrics in arabesque it’s very impactful . Love the music and the end just like I knew it would had the explicit words perfectly placed and for impact .

And orphans !!! Wozers I got chills .. I get the references . They both are strange in their own ways I’m soooooooo excited for this album !

• Like 4

This is nowhere near pop. Yes, it’s Viva esque, jazzy and all the things people have mentioned.

What no one has mentioned yet, is that this is innovative indie rock/alternative/britpop whatever you want to call it. That is what that genre of music aught to sound like in 2019.

I hope that the rest of the songs on the album will follow suit and be absolute bangers. I’d be happy for them. This album could genuinely be the best since X&Y.

Oldplay is back!! That’s the headline here

• Like 6

Even though I don't mind a bit of swearing in songs, I'm glad they are also releasing a clean version of the album, to still keep it family friendly as well.

I wonder if the clean version will go on Spotify or not?

So far I see the explicit version only

Even though I don't mind a bit of swearing in songs, I'm glad they are also releasing a clean version of the album, to still keep it family friendly as well.

I wonder if the clean version will go on Spotify or not?

Single has two options on Spotify clean and explicit. I am sure that album will be released on Spotify like that.

Btw, what do you guys think he meant by "you'll see it in the video" when he was talking about Orphans coming last minute? He mentions it here in the video.

Is there going to be a making of the album video? :O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVgIDJSVV3U:150

Yeah, I wondered about that too.

By the way did anyone catch what was said about Hull ? I was interrupted while listening to the radio and didn't catch that bit.

Well after listenning the two tracks on BBC Radio...

Orphans: I think is like the continuation of AHFOD. I hope that the rest of the albums would be different because I dont like it. I think its again the same from MX and AHFOD. Maybe some details are different but is the same style and type of song... And I suposse that is the onewhich the radios would put on their programmes.

Arabesque: I love that and I think represents a good way to change the sound of Coldplay. Some different between the classic rock and the pop-electronic which rules now in music. I like Mike Oldfield and instrumental music and I think that could be a very interesting style to experiment for Coldplay. I hope and wish that the rest of the albums (at least one of them) would be like this song.

I´m afraid because I think this song would not be known by the non-fan people.

I,ve read some pages ago that some people has the flac archives of the new songs. Could someone sends to me by PM please? :)

And about the single release.

Do you think they would put on sale a Cd? or just this limited edition vynil?

Cheers

• Like 3

Okay unpopular idea but how about this? How about we don't heavy compare it to the previous albums

But to me, this album is gonna be either to be a mish-mash of different eras old and new, with sounds coming from neither eras.

And knowing your high standards, some of you guys will never be satisfied if you'll hear a bit of pop or hear less of rock.

Can't we just enjoy the albums on their own legs and not just like them because it sounds just like this or that?

• Like 7

If I had heard Arabesque on the radio I would have never ever thought it was by Coldplay. It is a sort of new Genre which can't really be described, It's a Genre in itself, really mindblowing. But why the swearing at the end??

Orphans is what one would have expected Coldplay to sound like. It's catchy but I think there is a bit too much Chorus. Who is singing there?

• Like 4

Yeah, I wondered about that too.

By the way did anyone catch what was said about Hull ? I was interrupted while listening to the radio and didn't catch that bit.

The street soundscape at the beginning of Arabesque; Annie Mac had asked him where that sound was from, and he said Hull, but I think he was joking :|

• Like 1

Well, wasn't expecting them to sound like that. Well, I feel like I say that every time Coldplay puts out something new. A little weird that they are two short albums, seems more like a marketing strategy unless the two albums turn out to be sonically very different.

Orphans: Quite tribal-like feeling to the drum beat and the glass-type sounding loops bring me a HFTW vibe, the overall sound brings me an African vibe. Guys bassline sounds so sweet. And I loooooove the chorus, it's very catchy and the vocal stacks sound amazing. Very solid performance from Chris, but man Will's backing vocals really really shine here. I feel like Will's drumming could have been utilised a lot more though. Not sure how I feel about those "Boom boom ka" and "woo woo" etc. parts, they definitely wrote them with live performances in their mind. The guitar on the bridge is very beautiful. This is going to be a pretty solid live song I feel like.

Arabesque: My first reaction: This is so WEIRD, but this sounds SO COOL? But now, Sounds very experimental, brings me huge Viva vibes and feelings. The guitar riff is awesome. Again, Will's backing vocals shine on this one too, especially when Will sings during the French parts "You could be me ... I could be you". The huge wall of sounds that builds up near the end sounds massive. Oh, and wasn't expecting to hear Chris swear, but it kinda fits to be honest. That part could make an amazing sing-a-long section I think lol. Now the bridge section, during the horn (??) solos (correct me if I'm wrong), I really hope this gets played live. Imagine Jonny playing the section as a guitar solo, how epic would that be! I feel the same way about this one as about Orphans, drums could have been more. Music is the weapon, music is the weapon of the future fits so well too.

Conclusions: Both are very solid songs and sound very fresh, very happy to see them try out new stuff. I enjoy Arabesque more so far, it's so weird and different that I love it. Quite surprised to see as well that Orphans is on the Sunset side. Makes sense from the song name's stand point, but sonically I think it would probably fit Sunset better judging by these two. I was really hoping to Will go crazy in the drumming section, but Will's backing vocals really blew me away, so that definitely compensates the drum sections. Really looking forward to hearing the rest of the stuff. So happy to see the boys coming back, the promo pictures are pure gold! :blush:

• Like 6