✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Someone said Orphans sounds like a Newplay/AHFOD song. To me, it really doesn’t.. the production is just way to good. It honestly sounds like a

Stone Roses song. I knew the Britpop spirit in them lived on.

Magnificent.

wow, so you heard Orphans as the Stone Roses-inspired track?

huh.

suppose it's that funky groove going on in that bassline that makes me think of something like Fools Gold...but the more and more I listen I'm getting reggae feels too...

• Like 2

haha chris was really unprepared when Annie asked him about his lyrics. Like, c'mon man, if you're gonna reference the syrian conflict in a happy sounding pop song you better be prepared to talk about it.

For sure!

I've been a little bit disappointed with Chris's lyrics for a while... kudos for trying to talk about big important topics, but he does it so lightly....

• Like 2

For sure!

I've been a little bit disappointed with Chris's lyrics for a while... kudos for trying to talk about big important topics, but he does it so lightly....

An upbeat song about the war, with flippant lyrics.

I’m sorry but there’s no way to describe these two songs except as ROCK AND ROLL.

Chris Martin must have woke up and remembered he was a rock star !

• Like 3

How do you know Arabesque is form he Viva era? Is there an article?! I want to freaking know everything I can about this freaking amazing song!!

Chris said that the song started during the making of VLV, when Eno "kicked him out" so the rest of the band + Eno started the song with a jam session that he initially did not like and then merged it with the lyrics for Arabesque.

• Like 5

Arabesque reminds me a bit of Flick of the Finger by Beady Eye with it's loud brass and a sample narration.

This song so bombastic I love it.

Orphans took a while to grow on me. It sounds a mix of AHFOD and Middle Eastern vibes. The bittersweet lyrics reminds me a bit of Dirty Harry by Gorillaz. Both expressing about wanting to go back to having fun but can't due to the current armed conflict. I kinda appreciate it a lot now upon my second listen.

• Like 2

Chris said that the song strated during the making of VLV, when Eno "kicked him out of" so the rest of the band + Eno started it with a jam session

And what a jam! This proves Coldplay is not only Chris... Oh those beautiful bastards :relieved:

• Like 4

Wow totally smiling from ear to hear .. although there aren’t many lyrics in arabesque it’s very impactful . Love the music and the end just like I knew it would had the explicit words perfectly placed and for impact .

And orphans !!! Wozers I got chills .. I get the references . They both are strange in their own ways I’m soooooooo excited for this album !

• Like 4

This is nowhere near pop. Yes, it’s Viva esque, jazzy and all the things people have mentioned.

What no one has mentioned yet, is that this is innovative indie rock/alternative/britpop whatever you want to call it. That is what that genre of music aught to sound like in 2019.

I hope that the rest of the songs on the album will follow suit and be absolute bangers. I’d be happy for them. This album could genuinely be the best since X&Y.

Oldplay is back!! That’s the headline here

• Like 6

Even though I don't mind a bit of swearing in songs, I'm glad they are also releasing a clean version of the album, to still keep it family friendly as well.

I wonder if the clean version will go on Spotify or not?

So far I see the explicit version only