✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Brian Eno = best thing happen to Coldplay confirmed

And actually how the song starts (there was a car scareeching at the beginning and here car honking) and all these jazzy+experimental elements reminded of Roxy Music's "Remake / Remodel"! Love this genius and hwo much he inspired band back then :heart:

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Also from the same interview, the band are going to do a live session for BBC Radio at Maida Vale studios in November!!!

Arctic Monkeys did the same thing for their most recent album and that turned out AMAZING, so I'm looking forward to it!

YES, all I want along the new album is a good Live Lounge cover made by the whole band!!!

• Like 1

What I gathered from the interview on Orphans is that there was a different version of the song (maybe more acoustic or something?) and then last minute they decided to throw it together.

So maybe in the video we'll get the demo version at the beginning and then it will go into the full studio version? I didn't pick up that they would release a 'making of the album' type video.

• Like 2

What I gathered from the interview on Orphans is that there was a different version of the song (maybe more acoustic or something?) and then last minute they decided to throw it together.

So maybe in the video we'll get the demo version at the beginning and then it will go into the full studio version? I didn't pick up that they would release a 'making of the album' type video.

Yeah, makes sense.

This is nowhere near pop. Yes, it’s Viva esque, jazzy and all the things people have mentioned.

What no one has mentioned yet, is that this is innovative indie rock/alternative/britpop whatever you want to call it. That is what that genre of music aught to sound like in 2019.

I hope that the rest of the songs on the album will follow suit and be absolute bangers. I’d be happy for them. This album could genuinely be the best since X&Y.

Oldplay is back!! That’s the headline here

While I disagree about it being nowhere near pop, I too heard vibes of Manchester Orchestra, Lumineers, Mumford and Sons and even a little Revivalists in Orphans. I really could not stand the “woo hoos” and usually that’s true for me of that phrase all the time. It didn’t bother me at the end of AHFOD, probably because of the added “ooo”s at the end. I haven’t heard Arabesque.

• Like 1

So we know the album is 53m

9m from Orphans and Arabesque leaves 44m left

Let's assume there's 2 tracks that are 1m interludes.

That's 42m for the remaining 12 tracks and I bet you one will be a 6m epic like Hypnotized or Up and Up (Probably Everyday Life)

That leaves 35m roughly for 11 tracks which equates to a little less than 3m per track give or take.

That looks so wrong with the Parental Advisory sticker. It's like they became rappers.^^

A1iseK%2BRBPL._AC_SL600_.jpg

Agreed. I'm so proud of Coldplay for manning up and finally being able to swear in their lyrics, but this just looks so wacky for a Coldplay album to have a Parental Advisory sticker when they have a reputation for being family friendly :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

So we know the album is 53m

9m from Orphans and Arabesque leaves 44m left

Let's assume there's 2 tracks that are 1m interludes.

That's 42m for the remaining 12 tracks and I bet you one will be a 6m epic like Hypnotized or Up and Up (Probably Everyday Life)

That leaves 35m roughly for 11 tracks which equates to a little less than 3m per track give or take.

he said in interview was 'short' double album

• Like 1

Agreed. I'm so proud of Coldplay for manning up and finally being able to swear in their lyrics, but this just looks so wacky for a Coldplay album to have a Parental Advisory sticker when they have a reputation for being family friendly :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I've read here that there also will be a 'clean' version of this album....

But will this also come out as physical copies (CD/LP)?

Love Arabesque. Such a different style for Coldplay, although it's no surprise it comes from the VLV era then. I like how they mix that old style saxophone with some newer production qualities such as the ambient textures created by the guitar and whatever else throughout the song, as well as the street intro. I also like how the end just builds up to an energetic climax with more emotion being released through the spontaneous use of swearing. Lyrics are sparse but effective.

Orphans is a little more what we expected from Coldplay, although it still has some interesting production qualities that make it stand out from previous Coldplay works: specifically, it sounds like a song more from an indie rock band, rather than the mega pop sound of AHFOD. Lyrics are definitely sub par, with them recycling their beat to death "woo hoo"'s (which isn't necessarily a bad thing if it sounds fun, which it does) and that they want to know when they can get drunk again or whatever, which is suspiciously reminiscent of HFTW's cringy lyrics (both in chorus). Other than that it's an innocently youthful pop-rock song, nothing that we haven't heard before though. I do like this song too all in all. A nice bass groove to go along with, I'm noticing Guy has a stronger influence in these two songs at least than most of Coldplay's music. Nothing wrong with having yet another fun happy-go-lucky mini pop rock anthem for my playlists. :)

Now let's just hope Arabesque isn't a one off as we've seen too many times with previous Coldplay albums, and that it's the rule as opposed to the exception (which might be a little more likely seeing as their album cover reflects this kind of music.....)

• Like 6

Holy s**t

They did it. They actually did it.

Apart from Midnight, these two tracks are the most inventive thing they've done since... I daresay 2008.

I'm not sure which track is better. Orphans is like Lovers In Japan meets Strawberry Swing and ETIAW. But with more of a world music kind of beat, and with a more infectious chorus than either of those two songs. The song is catchy and fun, yet... so meaningful. It doesn't manage to be too sappy. I wasn't sure what to think when I saw a few of the lyrics, but it makes so much sense in context. And having the kids sing that chorus works so well. I've listened several times now and I still have nothing bad to say. Maybe it should be a bit longer, but that's really all I would change. Listen to Guy... :heart_eyes:

Arabesque is what happens when Yes meets Cemeteries of London and we throw in extra Arabic music. That rhythm is so badass. Listen to that French verse. Listen to that saxophone, that guitar tone in the background of the solo, listen to Guy and Jonny, whose parts are honestly the foundation the song is built upon. Listen to the hints of shoegaze in the outro. It's all so daring, it reminds me of Viva yet at the same time it feels new. It feels like a bold new step into uncharted territory. And it somehow manages to be darker yet fun at the same time.

Gosh, I have nothing bad to say about these tracks. Listened a few more times just as I was typing this out and I still have no gripes. This pair of songs is something very special.

• Like 14
  • Wow 1

I've read here that there also will be a 'clean' version of this album....

But will this also come out as physical copies (CD/LP)?

Yep. I prefer music with explicit lyrics if they have them there though, but it's good to know Coldplay will still retain their family friendly sound for those that consider them a safe choice because of this.

• Like 2

Listen to that French verse.

Another thing I forgot to mention. For Coldplay to experiment with different languages is something, well not unprecedented per se as they've been becoming more of an international act in recent years, but this is something unheard from them before and I totally agree this is still something very unique for them.

Listen to that saxophone, that guitar tone in the background of the solo,

I know right? Just having the sax solo wasn't enough for them, they even threw in some ambient guitar texturing to round out the sound. This is something I totally wouldn't have expected from them anytime soon. I'm so so glad they didn't follow the Los Unidades sound for this album. I am SUPER hyped.

Listen to the hints of shoegaze in the outro.

Totally rounds out the song IMO. It would have been decent without it but this totally just completes the song and is my favorite part to have an energetic outro like that. I was looking at the length of the song and was wondering what was so special they could have introduced to make the song a little longer than a few verses and a couple choruses, and when this part hit it did not disappoint. This song would not be complete without this part and I'm glad I heard this in here. Props Coldplay.

• Like 7

Not crazy about either track. Orphans is veryyyyyy Mylo era and Arabesque is something all on its own. Having said that, I do appreciate the general idea and ethos around the sound and am looking forward to hearing the remainder of the tracks on the album. As as always music is subjective and I hope everyone else is in love with these tracks -- so happy our boys are back! Happy Coldplaying!

• Like 4

So far we cannot complain one bit. It's still Coldplay, but Arabesque could have been anyone else! Brian Eno's magic is present 10 years later as a product of his ideas since rhythm for Arabesque is just the three guys without Chris.

I get U2 vibes off Orphans!

But both songs are amazing in their own way.

• Like 6