✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Daddy is a full song! :eek:

Where do you have this from ?

And if this is true yes, it is a bummer that we already heard the two longest songs. Disappointed that many songs are so short. So Daddy is not a voice memo after all ?

It’s interesting that DADDY is a full song we will never know from it’s name if it’s a pop song or experimental one.

This is interesting, as I remarked on reddit, we’re not getting “transitions or snippets” per se, as we did on MX, even the “transitions” are short form songs. I like this, makes me think a bit of “father of the bride” by Vampire Weekend and how they had some shorter minute long transition songs, or like UFO was on MX

Today we got the preview of Guns and the times of the tracks.

I was surprised of their decision to preview Guns.

I am guessing the leak could be near because many people are starting to have access to the album. That being said, this is no encouragement to share the a link of the eventual leak here.

This is interesting, as I remarked on reddit, we’re not getting “transitions or snippets” per se, as we did on MX, even the “transitions” are short form songs. I like this, makes me think a bit of “father of the bride” by Vampire Weekend and how they had some shorter minute long transition songs, or like UFO was on MX

exactly. And I really like those short songs on the latest Vampire Weekend album. But when you do that there’s always the risk that those short songs seem more like demos than fully worked songs. I hope that is not the case with the boys.

• Like 2

exactly. And I really like those short songs on the latest Vampire Weekend album. But when you do that there’s always the risk that those short songs seem more like demos than fully worked songs. I hope that is not the case with the boys.

Agreed, I wouldn’t be surprised if my favourite song ends up being one of the shorter ones

• Like 1

I love UFO on Mylo Xyloto

That one is only 2:18

But those type of songs will never be classic songs like Fix You, Yellow and Viva

I am starting to understand why they are not touring this album

they won't tour this because several of the songs here won't have commercial success like Orphans does.

• Like 1

I think it is actually cleverly done because the line is "The judgment of this court is...we need more guns" - it plays with irony and absurdity. Saying it in your face would be "We need less guns."

That’s the opposite of what the song is about.

Yes I know what the song is about.

I’m directly quoting the lyrics and taking it out of context.

:expressionless::expressionless:

• Like 1

Did anyone saw this ???!!!!

it’s quite disappointing to have only full 8 songs.

Very interesting.

I love how everyone was complaining about too many interludes/voice memos compared to the number of full songs but now that they aren’t short interludes, people are complaining the proper songs are too short. Lol.

• Like 1

You have to keep in mind, though, someone said that they recorded these songs in just a couple sessions. If that's true, it would make sense why a lot of the songs are relatively short. I would've preferred interludes and longer songs like MX does but on the other hand, I love U.F.O. and Don't Panic. Both classics, for sure.

According to Wikipedia, these track times add up to 52:51.

I'm not surprised that Daddy is a full song. Remember they had considered it as the first single?

• Like 1

I have no problem with short songs. Tierra Whack's album from last year had only 15 one-minute long songs and it said more in those 15 minutes than a lot of albums do in one hour. Hell, most of The Beatles' biggest hits are under 3 minutes! Length ain't a measure of quality, folks! ;)

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

Is anyone really surprised by Arabesque being the longest song on the album? At almost 6 mins in length, it is literally one of their longest songs ever... (excluding songs with hidden tracks) And for a pop-rock band, 2-4 minute songs are pretty standard. I’m just glad we’re getting a few more near-5 minute songs.

• Like 2

Did anyone saw this ???!!!!

it’s quite disappointing to have only full 8 songs.

This looks interesting. I don't consider an interlude any song over one minute in length. I do think we may get some "demo" style tracks in this record. More acoustic songs maybe.

Also, one of my favourite Coldplay songs is "Parachutes" and it is only 44 seconds long.

• Like 4