✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Coldplay has been around for over 20 years at this point. Chris has always tended to be a songwriter who focuses on the beauty of simplicity in lyrics. I don't know why it seems like people are thinking suddenly there will be this 180 change in songwriting unless you want someone other than Chris to write them. But I bet those who complain about his songwriting would also complain about that. Look at all the bitching about collabs or producers. It's frankly annoying. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. I understand if you don't like the music. But don't complain because you want Coldplay to be something they are not.

• Like 8

People saying Chris looks old, haggard, couldn't manage a tour...

Bob Dylan has looked like an extra from Nightmare on Elm Street for over a decade now, hasn't stopped him bringing his genius to all four corners of the globe. And Chris looks fine for a guy in his 40s. He looks like...a guy in his 40s. He's not Mr Burns just because he doesn't look like he did in The Scientist video anymore.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Bob Dylan has looked like an extra from Nightmare on Elm Street for over a decade now, hasn't stopped him bringing his genius to all four corners of the globe. And Chris looks fine for a guy in his 40s. He looks like...a guy in his 40s. He's not Mr Burns just because he doesn't look like he did in The Scientist video anymore.

They were probably just guessing at numbers and figures

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

[ATTACH=full]9605[/ATTACH]

this was probably originally conscious pilot

At this point I wonder if Conscious Pilot has just been renamed...

I'm sure they're all still a little bit tired after that massive AHFOD tour. No need to do that again for a while. They've said they don't really feel the need to please everybody anymore, maybe taking more time for themselves is part of this new mindset.

If anybody is really showing their age, honestly it's Jonny, but maybe it's just the beard that makes me think so.

[ATTACH=full]9606[/ATTACH]

someone already heard When I Need a Friend and it seems it is a very catchy tune!

I've been really intrigued by this song. I think it was Annie Mac who said it's a tear-jerker? Interesting that at the same time it's that catchy, assuming this person isn't another Kirboh making things up.

• Like 1

[ATTACH type=full" alt="9606]9606[/ATTACH]

someone already heard When I Need a Friend and it seems it is a very catchy tune!

When I Need A Friend: "Makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, makes me cry everytime"

Doesn't sound catchy to me

• Like 1

[ATTACH type=full" alt="9606]9606[/ATTACH]

Where do you have this from ?

By the way - it's Jo Wiley who commented on the tracks, not Annie Mac. Not that it's important, but I see it getting mixed up a lot :)

• Like 2

I guess it's tour dates or something like that. Because even they won't do a big tour they will make some concerts like GS era.

Matt Miller posted something on his Instastory the other day about backing up some live keyboard samples, so fingers crossed they are finalising preparations for some sort of mini tour!

• Like 3

As someone about to be 40, this whole conversation is quite amusing (and at the same time disturbing).

During AHFOD Chris was doing more weight training and was bulkier which did make him look healthier. He seems to have stopped that and is back to skinny Chris again. Unfortunately as we age, the plumpness in our skin gies away and getting skinnier can make the face look older.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I too understand the apprehension and concern regarding LP9.

AHFOD reminds me of a re-hashed (and very poor) reimagining of MX. For a band that claims to change on every album, the last 3 Coldplay albums strike me as very derivative and uninspired and they all strike the same chord musically, pop megahits designed sit cutely at the top of the charts (with a few sprinklings of what made them great before)

For me I’m still just focused on this release. Coldplay have a very similar trajectory to U2 and I hope that this album will be Coldplay’s “How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb” ie they will revisit their older styles. For what comes next, we’ll just have to wait and see.

• Like 2

I agree about Ghost Stories. It comes off as if they had no time to make the songs better and they just threw together something hurriedly. I like the lyrics of Everyday Life. It's not going to floor you but it's pretty emotional, to say the least. Yes, the music is better than the lyrics on this track but hey, there are definitely Coldplay songs like that. It's probably the weakest lyrically of the three and a piece of songs we've heard. I think the violins add weight to it, though.

I still wonder how (and why) many people are more focusing on lyrics of songs.

If the music in general sounds great I don't care much if the lyrics are good or bad. But hey that's just me.

• Like 2

I guess it's tour dates or something like that. Because even they won't do a big tour they will make some concerts like GS era.

Matt Miller posted something on his Instastory the other day about backing up some live keyboard samples, so fingers crossed they are finalising preparations for some sort of mini tour!

That would be great!

If they gonna do this maybe a concert film on Blu-ray coming up later, similar to Ghost Stories Live.

• Like 3

Timbaland producing a Coldplay song just seems weird to me. Weirder still, apart from the guitar it actually sounds ok. But this is what we’ve come to expect from Coldplay generation 2.

I think Coldplay’s biggest self sabotage is their choice of producers. The only well produced Coldplay albums are 1 and 2, even VLV and X&Y are dodgy in places, and don’t even get me started on MX/AHFOD.

I’d love to see Ken Nelson back or even someone like Steve Lilywhite to produce a Coldplay LP but I don’t think it will ever happen now.

• Like 4

Finally the interview I was looking for is on Youtube :D

Lots of juicy little bits here and there in that interview.

Chris referring to 'the next thing' they're doing has me excited in particular. I took a little break from the band since we got those 3 songs, so I dont know where we stand on the potential 2020 album; forgive me.

• Like 3

Mrs. Miller on Instagram

Anyone know what she’s talking about ??

I saw a post about this on Facebook yesterday. Hopefully it's a sign of more news in the near future, hopefully a few shows...

That would be great!

If they gonna do this maybe a concert film on Blu-ray coming up later, similar to Ghost Stories Live.

Gosh I've been hoping for this ever since they announced the Jordan show(s). After all it has a similar premise; they're playing the full album. Maybe it'll include the exclusive "premium" YouTube content.

• Like 3