✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Hello folks! Long time no talk. I'll just drop few thoughts here.

Firstly I'm so delighted to experience a completely new Coldplay era from its very beginning. The fact that I'm a part of this lovely community makes this whole journey much more pleasant and marvellous! It's amazing to see and learn about various reactions and opinions or new discoveries and observations. I'm very pleased to go through all the discussions even though it's fairly time-consuming. However it's definitely worthwhile. Keep on updating!

Secondly... WOW! I've been literally blown away by the songs that were released in their entirety! I'm keen on the fact that all of them are distinctly diverse. Surely it's a welcome change which I greatly appreciate! Even the snippets of Cry Cry Cry BrokEn and Guns sound very promising to me. That's something completely worth looking forward to! Anyway if someone is interesting in my ranking of the tracks that have come out so far (excluding the excerpts) here it is. Everyday Life > Orphans = Arabesque

Thirdly I'm totally over the moon that I've managed to tune in and watch some of the Coldplay's promo appearances for Everyday Life or see and read their announcements and posts! What a splendid supply of news and information that is! I'm not new to checking social medias every single day but Coldplay has given it a new meaning recently haha! Moreover I wouldn't have imagined myself getting up early in the morning just to stream a SNL episode in order to see my beloved band performing! Who could have thought? (Un)surprisingly I'm planning to watch both upcoming concerts in Jordan as well as I have a day off luckily on 22 November. Apart from that I think the biggest highlight for me was hearing both Orphans and Arabesque premiere on BBC Radio 1. Not to mention the press conference! That was so witty and hilarious! I was completely astonished and dazzled by Coldplay's humour.

Lastly I'd like to express that I'm (im)patiently waiting for the 22nd of November to arrive! I guess I won't be only lurking here but posting often again from now on...

• Like 6
  • Angry 1

As someone about to be 40, this whole conversation is quite amusing (and at the same time disturbing).

During AHFOD Chris was doing more weight training and was bulkier which did make him look healthier. He seems to have stopped that and is back to skinny Chris again. Unfortunately as we age, the plumpness in our skin gies away and getting skinnier can make the face look older.

I do think he's noticeably aged a bit since the AFHOD era...but that's not a bad thing. I feel like we all sort of age in bits and pieces.

[ATTACH=full]9614[/ATTACH]

I feel like Guy has really embraced the idea of using social media to reach a wider audience and maybe even become more known himself. I think he's been so active on the Coldplay instagram despite on his personal account rarely acknowledging that he is even part of the band since with his level of moderate fame he feels he could promote his car magazine, etc. more than Coldplay's new album with an individual account, but if he's going to post some Coldplay related things, it'll most likely go on the Coldplay account so more people see them

Damn, the wait is REALLY getting long and hard to bear now. I can't help but hope the album leaks soon...

Same...I've been so busy recently and my time management skills already aren't great so adding in my revitalized obsession with checking the forums and every other social media for new Coldplay news has been a struggle recently:D

• Like 6

Hello folks! Long time no talk. I'll just drop few thoughts here.

Firstly I'm so delighted to experience a completely new Coldplay era from its very beginning. The fact that I'm a part of this lovely community makes this whole journey much more pleasant and marvellous! It's amazing to see and learn about various reactions and opinions or new discoveries and observations. I'm very pleased to go through all the discussions even though it's fairly time-consuming. However it's definitely worthwhile. Keep on updating!

Secondly... WOW! I've been literally blown away by the songs that were released in their entirety! I'm keen on the fact that all of them are distinctly diverse. Surely it's a welcome change which I greatly appreciate! Even the snippets of Cry Cry Cry BrokEn and Guns sound very promising to me. That's something completely worth looking forward to! Anyway if someone is interesting in my ranking of the tracks that have come out so far (excluding the excerpts) here it is. Everyday Life > Orphans = Arabesque

Thirdly I'm totally over the moon that I've managed to tune in and watch some of the Coldplay's promo appearances for Everyday Life or see and read their announcements and posts! What a splendid supply of news and information that is! I'm not new to checking social medias every single day but Coldplay has given it a new meaning recently haha! Moreover I wouldn't have imagined myself getting up early in the morning just to stream a SNL episode in order to see my beloved band performing! Who could have thought? (Un)surprisingly I'm planning to watch both upcoming concerts in Jordan as well as I have a day off luckily on 22 November. Apart from that I think the biggest highlight for me was hearing both Orphans and Arabesque premiere on BBC Radio 1. Not to mention the press conference! That was so witty and hilarious! I was completely astonished and dazzled by Coldplay's humour.

Lastly I'd like to express that I'm (im)patiently waiting for the 22nd of November to arrive! I guess I won't be only lurking here but posting often again from now on...

Welcome back!

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

It will surely leak really soon. Only 12 days to go. I suppose by Wednesday the album's content is known to all....

I feel like it might take longer. AHFOD only leaked 3-4 days before iirc.

I'm very impatient right now. I've played the new songs (well, mostly Arabesque and Everyday Life) so offen in the past days and weeks that they have begun to sound stale. And that's such a shame. I wanna listen to the new stuff but I also don't want to be fed up with these songs before the album is even out.

• Like 3

[quote name='The Adversary']...I’d love to see Ken Nelson back or even someone like Steve Lilywhite to produce a Coldplay LP but I don’t think it will ever happen now. [/QUOTE] Or Mike Beever ([I]Brothers & Sisters EP[/I]) or Chris Allison ([I]The Blue Room[/I]). Wonder what these guys are doing nowadays.

• Like 3

just wanted to share this somewhere;

when Ghost Stories came out i really struggled with how to drum to the studio version

because of all the programmed drums/percussion involved

(this was before the live version came out- many of those song versions i liked better for that reason. more alive/less sterile)

anyway- upon hearing the single Everyday Life last week-...i thought, same struggle; drums are weak- rim clocks and couple cymbal swells.

so yesterday i played to it just like i did with Ghost Stories- using Will's (or computer's?) beats as a kind of click track- and playing loudly over them.

It gave so much more life to the latter part of the song, especially- it sounded somewhat more like Army of One from AHFoD

So now- when ever i play it- i will do the same. Less rim clicks- more snare and cymbals. Hopefully Will plays it live that way. Song kinda cries out for it.

• Like 11

Or Mike Beever (Brothers & Sisters EP) or Chris Allison (The Blue Room). Wonder what these guys are doing nowadays.

Well I doubt it's gonna be either of them but especially not Chris Allison. The band and him did not work well together. He was the one who told the band Will wasn't good enough for them. After Will came back they requested a change of producer and got Ken Nelson. Who they worked extremely well with for a while but also fired halfway through the X&Y recording sessions. Who they then substituted with Danton Supple to complete X&Y. Who they then substituted with Markus Dravs and Brian Eno for Viva. Who they...ah, what was the topic again ? :joy:

• Like 5

It will surely leak really soon. Only 12 days to go. I suppose by Wednesday the album's content is known to all....

I think we’ll only see any sort of leak from next week onwards. Too soon now.

Nowadays record labels are pretty good with keeping a lid on leaks. It’s only when the CDs are being shipped to stores, radios, etc is when leaks start to appear.

If Coldplay didn’t do that live show on release day, I would have figured that they would stream the album on their website a day earlier.

• Like 3

I feel like it might take longer. AHFOD only leaked 3-4 days before iirc.

I'm very impatient right now. I've played the new songs (well, mostly Arabesque and Everyday Life) so offen in the past days and weeks that they have begun to sound stale. And that's such a shame. I wanna listen to the new stuff but I also don't want to be fed up with these songs before the album is even out.

It really depends... Ghost Stories leaked 14 days before its release. I feel like it could be anytime now! This week for sure, it's almost unmanageable for a band this big to keep a studio work under wraps these days.

• Like 2

Well I doubt it's gonna be either of them but especially not Chris Allison. The band and him did not work well together. He was the one who told the band Will wasn't good enough for them. After Will came back they requested a change of producer and got Ken Nelson. Who they worked extremely well with for a while but also fired halfway through the X&Y recording sessions. Who they then substituted with Danton Supple to complete X&Y. Who they then substituted with Markus Dravs and Brian Eno for Viva. Who they...ah, what was the topic again ? :joy:

Which is a real shame considering AROBTTH was not only produced by Ken Nelson but also mixed by him as well. AROBTTH is undoubtedly Coldplay’s best sounding record (if you listen to the stems you understand just how beautifully it was done)

I wish they never had that falling out, the band you see today would probably be so different.

• Like 7
  • Wow 1

It really depends... Ghost Stories leaked 14 days before its release. I feel like it could be anytime now! This week for sure, it's almost unmanageable for a band this big to keep a studio work under wraps these days.

GS was 5 years ago. Things have changed since then. I think it’s a lot harder now to leak things.

And with multiple streaming platforms around, it’s a lot easier to stem leaks as well in my opinion.

But I could be totally wrong and it’ll leak tomorrow. Haha!

So Chris confirmed that they are doing a couple of shows and then going back in to hibernation for the "next thing". No promo trips to Australia. They did one even for GS. So I'm guessing this is going to be a very sparse, mostly off radar album. Definitely very intentional decision. So any of us would be very lucky to attend a show/live performance this era.

• Like 3
  • Wow 4
  • Sad 1