✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Even more confused with how each side is gonna sound like. Doesn’t seem like that there’s gonna be a themed side.

But it’s interesting that more songs/previews have been released from the sunset side. Maybe another preview from sunrise?

• Like 2

Hmmm guess I'm not that excited for Guns after that preview, that's def a style of music I'm not into. But maybe the song has a change somewhere and it actually takes me by surprise.

I think it’s going to be similar to strawberry swing - an acoustic start before the music kicks in.

• Like 2

I think it’s going to be similar to strawberry swing - an acoustic start before the music kicks in.

Lol, sounds nothing like Strawberry Swing. It's more like Folk music which I don't enjoy much. I only like very few Mumfurd and Sons songs, and mostly the ones that sound not so folky from "Wilder Mind".. So maybe the song changes after this part, and not into a full Folk song, but feel like it will be a full Folk tune.. which may grow on me just cause it's Coldplay, we'll see.

Lol, sounds nothing like Strawberry Swing. It's more like Folk music which I don't enjoy much. I only like very few Mumfurd and Sons songs, and mostly the ones that sound not so folky from "Wilder Mind".. So maybe the song changes after this part, and not into a full Folk song, but feel like it will be a full Folk tune.. which may grow on me just cause it's Coldplay, we'll see.

No no. I don’t mean sounds like SS as in the genre. I meant the structure of the song - acoustic start, then the full band comes in later on.

This album is just full of surprises and Guns is no different.

This wouldn't have been included as a bonus track 10 years ago!

Everything was so polished from start to end but here you can see the message is more important than the medium so to speak....

it doesn't matter to the band if it's different sounding even if it's some folk song if it has a good message I think that is their message.

But surely Chris' Global Citizenship and his activity with them has HUGELY INFLUENCED this album.

• Like 3

Just as I "feared", this is shaping up to be a really political album, not that that's a bad thing per se, it's just that I don't really like the only mildly political song that the band has ever done (Twisted Logic) so I don't know if that's a good omen for me and this album.

(I really, reeeeally dug Orphans, Arabesque and Everyday Life, though)

This album is just full of surprises and Guns is no different.

This wouldn't have been included as a bonus track 10 years ago!

Everything was so polished from start to end but here you can see the message is more important than the medium so to speak....

it doesn't matter to the band if it's different sounding even if it's some folk song if it has a good message I think that is their message.

But surely Chris' Global Citizenship and his activity with them has HUGELY INFLUENCED this album.

I quite agree with you and this was the exact thought I had when I first heard Orphans. Not a huge fan of this song, but I am looking forward to the album release and Everyday Life is great. It stands to reason though that Global Citizen would have an influence on Chris's writing and music.

• Like 1

Just as I "feared", this is shaping up to be a really political album, not that that's a bad thing per se, it's just that I don't really like the only mildly political song that the band has ever done (Twisted Logic) so I don't know if that's a good omen for me and this album.

(I really, reeeeally dug Orphans, Arabesque and Everyday Life, though)

Violet Hill is also a political song imho, perhaps even more clearly than Twisted Logic. What do you think about it ?

• Like 3

I’m a bit unsure of them being political. I use music to escape the shit around us. To have the same shit issues in the songs I listen to...hmmm I don’t know about that.

I don't mind subtle politics in my music but Guns it's a bit in your face and obvious.

• Like 3

Looks like Chris reeeeally meant it when he said the band are pretty confident saying whatever the fuck they want to say now, with no fear of backlash.

This song will rustle a few jimmies for sure.

I dare say there are places in the world where this song won't resonate with people. And I love it.

Can also see a very Bob Dylan/Mumford and Sons-esque bluegrass rhythm dropping in after the "STOP".

• Like 4

Violet Hill is also a political song imho, perhaps even more clearly than Twisted Logic. What do you think about it ?

You're quite right, I like Violet Hill a lot, maybe because it has these romantic parts mixed in along with all the political stuff :)

• Like 6

I’m a bit unsure of them being political. I use music to escape the shit around us. To have the same shit issues in the songs I listen to...hmmm I don’t know about that.

I don't mind subtle politics in my music but Guns it's a bit in your face and obvious.

My feelings exactly, of course I don't mind important people shining a spotlight on important issues but I listen to music to sort of get away from politics, violence and those sort of things that surround us in every day life :yum I just hope it's not all as in-your-face as this snippet from Guns...

• Like 2

Finally a GOOD and meaningful interview on Everyday Life ! I recommend you all to watch it.

This goes to show Chris is very much capable of going deep rather than just making fun...if the interviewer asks the right questions.

Unfortunately, most interviewers I've seen recently tend to go for shallow questions/joking around etc rather than unearthing meaning.

And of course, "news" outlets prefer a headline like "New Coldplay album inspired by partying in Vegas and Game of Thrones" to something more meaningful. I doubt anyone will publish an article on THIS interview.

This is so fucked up.

• Like 11