✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

It sort of sucks considering this will probably be the bands best album since Viva and they’re not taking it on tour.

Definitely worried we’re going to get AHFOD 2.0 with “the next thing”

AHFOD wasn't their best but certainly was terrible by any means.

• Like 5

Yeah, I definitely want to see a live show for this album. I joined the fandom just before MX and this is shaping up to be their best album since. Just going by the songs and snippets we have do far. So it is disappointing that the band will not get behind this album and push it like they did for most. I'm hoping for at least GS level of exposure, but doesn't look like that will happen.

But I do understand their hesitation and strategy given the subject matter. It is tactful on their (the band, the label) part.

• Like 2

How is it possible that Google has confirmed events in San Diego and The Hagen?

Was debunked about 2-3 pages earlier in this thread

Such a shame they aren't touring this album a little bit. It is in fact somewhat annoying that they never play their best stuff live (even from AHFOD they focused on the less good songs, and don't even get me started on Kaleidoscope EP...) :(

• Like 4

Was debunked about 2-3 pages earlier in this thread

Such a shame they aren't touring this album a little bit. It is in fact somewhat annoying that they never play their best stuff live (even from AHFOD they focused on the less good songs, and don't even get me started on Kaleidoscope EP...) :(

I don't think it's impossible that we will see them in more unusual locations though. Ammam is not a live concert per se but I am sure they will play either some theatres or similar to GS settings.

• Like 1

This is like an in thing now? A lot of celebrities are doing it. Lol.

And I already follow them on all social media. What makes the news from them through this platform any different?

Blink-182 did a thing throughout the lead-up to their latest album Nine where you could call a phone number and it'd play a teaser from the upcoming single. I tried calling Coldplay's Community number just in case they tried doing the same thing. It was worth a try, got to hear that message from Phil which was cool :D

[ATTACH type=full" alt="9614]9614[/ATTACH]

That is absolutely gorgeous. I wouldn't be surprised if they took some inspiration from that old, antiquated countryside aesthetic.

just wanted to share this somewhere;

when Ghost Stories came out i really struggled with how to drum to the studio version

because of all the programmed drums/percussion involved

(this was before the live version came out- many of those song versions i liked better for that reason. more alive/less sterile)

anyway- upon hearing the single Everyday Life last week-...i thought, same struggle; drums are weak- rim clocks and couple cymbal swells.

so yesterday i played to it just like i did with Ghost Stories- using Will's (or computer's?) beats as a kind of click track- and playing loudly over them.

It gave so much more life to the latter part of the song, especially- it sounded somewhat more like Army of One from AHFoD

So now- when ever i play it- i will do the same. Less rim clicks- more snare and cymbals. Hopefully Will plays it live that way. Song kinda cries out for it.

Now that I think of it... Will's part is a little underwhelming on Everyday Life. But then again I still prefer it to that fully electronic sound on Ghost Stories.

I'm no drummer, but I love what Will did with live versions of ASFOS starting around late 2015 or so. His playing is noticeably different, it sounds so much more natural than what you hear on the studio version and the GS Live 2014 version. Reminds me more of DLIBYH.

Yeah, I definitely want to see a live show for this album. I joined the fandom just before MX and this is shaping up to be their best album since. Just going by the songs and snippets we have do far. So it is disappointing that the band will not get behind this album and push it like they did for most. I'm hoping for at least GS level of exposure, but doesn't look like that will happen.

But I do understand their hesitation and strategy given the subject matter. It is tactful on their (the band, the label) part.

I don't think it's impossible that we will see them in more unusual locations though. Ammam is not a live concert per se but I am sure they will play either some theatres or similar to GS settings.

They are confirmed for the Global Citizen Festival next year. But whether that means a show focused on Everyday Life or LP9, who knows...

Hopefully when they do their next big stadium tour, maybe in 2021 or 2022, they'll incorporate Everyday Life into the set. I liked how they used some of the Ghost Stories songs on the AHFOD tour... playing Always In My Head and Magic before Everglow was great IMO. And those visuals during AIMH were gorgeous.

• Like 5

They are confirmed for the Global Citizen Festival next year. But whether that means a show focused on Everyday Life or LP9, who knows...

They'll probably play 'Orphans' at the Global Citizen Festival because that would fit in well with the festival's overall idea.

• Like 4

Even though any chance to hear Chris speak is always cherished, as an Australian, do yourself a favour and don't bother listening to Kyle and Jackie O. They're the worst kind of people and it wouldn't surprise me if they ask Chris some pretty deliberately personal questions.

• Like 3

In the Australien interview Chris says that they won't be playing Glastenbury next year. That's a surprise, most of us thought they would play there. They probably don't have enough 'great' songs for a huge event. Chris has repeatedly said that many of the songs in LP8 are just voice memos. It seems as if an album that they can tour is still far away.

• Sad 2

Even though any chance to hear Chris speak is always cherished, as an Australian, do yourself a favour and don't bother listening to Kyle and Jackie O. They're the worst kind of people and it wouldn't surprise me if they ask Chris some pretty deliberately personal questions.

I listened to it and was so annoyed I tweeted about it :(

[MEDIA=twitter]1193657773915021312[/MEDIA]

View: https://twitter.com/I_Ran_Away/status/1193657773915021312?s=19

• Like 6
  • Haha 1