✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

I had another dream about the album last night, after dreaming about Sunrise a couple weeks ago. Can't remember exactly which of the new songs we haven't heard yet was which, but one of them totally sounded like something from Parachutes and one sounded a bit like a slower version of Lost! with less percussion.

I really liked what I heard, fingers crossed... I was actually fairly spot on back in 2015 when I had a dream about AHFOD (the song) before it came out, I dreamt it was an uptempo stadium rock anthem with Chris singing lots of "whoaaaas." :D

Guys... I can't believe no one is voting for "Sparks" on their YouTube poll... I mean don't get me wrong I'm glad VLV is winning but how ASFOS is second over Sparks... I'm blown away haha! I'd love to see them play a modern live rendition of Sparks.

It’s like the whole send in your request thing for the last tour all over again. :expressionless:

Put in my vote for Sparks. Gosh I'd be so excited if it won.

Lol honestly why is included? It almost feels like Coldplay put that there as joke given 90% of new fans probably couldn't hum sparks if they were asked. But then also maybe it's lowkey Coldplay seeking affirmation and hoping people still like Parachutes. Either way, really gave me a chuckle to see this poll. It's like, "What would you like performed live? Our catchy indie bop, Magic? Our biggest hit ever, Viva La Vida? Our modern EDM-inspired bangers? Or how about our all-time quietest, most introspective song?'

Y'all are spot-on... I don't think Sparks has a chance at all, at least they are acknowledging its existence but this is probably just gonna be the AHFOD tour audience request thing all over again.

I voted for Sparks but at least Viva has a chance and fits the vibe of this era more than Magic, ASFOS, and SJLT.

• Like 3

VOTE FOR SPARKS EVERYONE.

Since the Coldplay fandom saw the poll, the percentage went from 10% up to 20%, it's currently 2nd but ASFOS is very close and casual fans/casual viewers will vote for it, so keep voting to make sure Sparks at least stays 2nd. There might be a chance the band will play two songs.

Btw - do I like Sparks more than Viva ? No, absolutely not.

But do I want Sparks to win this poll ? Absolutely yes. A rare opportunity to make a point to the band that we care about and cherish older album tracks !!

• Like 2

Sad to see Sparks being put up against their big hits, they must have known before they put it up that it would lose because of the casual fans who have never heard of it. I have 5 YouTube accounts (don't ask why) so I'll vote once with each one.

It’s like the whole send in your request thing for the last tour all over again. :expressionless:

Yep!!! The illusion of fan interaction and a chance at a rare track played live, until it becomes obvious they'll play In My Place and Til Kingdom Come every night for eternity no matter what.

• Like 1

Here:

[ATTACH type=full" width="128px" alt="9624]9624[/ATTACH]

I apologize. But I just HAD to make this joke :joy:

Ahahahah come on, when I read leek I knew there was something wrong to it, I'm desperate for a leak though :sob:

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I totally voted for Sparks. I have seen all the other songs live - Sparks would be so special because I missed Parachute era concerts but I was a fan during Parachutes era.

Even if it doesn't win first if we can get it to second, they should play it.

• Like 1

I had another dream about the album last night, after dreaming about Sunrise a couple weeks ago. Can't remember exactly which of the new songs we haven't heard yet was which, but one of them totally sounded like something from Parachutes and one sounded a bit like a slower version of Lost! with less percussion.

I really liked what I heard, fingers crossed... I was actually fairly spot on back in 2015 when I had a dream about AHFOD (the song) before it came out, I dreamt it was an uptempo stadium rock anthem with Chris singing lots of "whoaaaas." :D

Y'all are spot-on... I don't think Sparks has a chance at all, at least they are acknowledging its existence but this is probably just gonna be the AHFOD tour audience request thing all over again.

I voted for Sparks but at least Viva has a chance and fits the vibe of this era more than Magic, ASFOS, and SJLT.

I think you have a head full of dreams

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I was just going through the poll’s comments and they’re gonna have a hard time finding questions through all the “play sparks” comments lol! If they’re good sports they’ll play the winning song and then add a bonus “sparks” just for the fans

• Like 6

I think they were planning on playing VLV even before the poll. In this photo of the guitar, you can clearly see timpani in the background (and even the bell above? Not sure about that though).

Would love to hear Sparks, but I think they already knew VLV was going to win.

Screenshot_388.png.3ea6188cc39cc9e5cede92b14c947cf4.png

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1