✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

I just don't get it why they would make such an unfair poll. They have such a clever marketing team and now they're trying to compete a mega rare song from their first album with 4 of the biggest songs of their career. Surely they know "the masses" will vote for one of those and gives Sparks no chance of success. For me, it seems that it's just "symbolic" to give the old fans the idea they still care about the older music and act like they truly give it an equal chance. And we all know it won't happen this way :(

• Like 8

I just don't get it why they would make such an unfair poll. They have such a clever marketing team and now they're trying to compete a mega rare song from their first album with 4 of the biggest songs of their career. Surely they know "the masses" will vote for one of those and gives Sparks no chance of success. For me, it seems that it's just "symbolic" to give the old fans the idea they still care about the older music and act like they truly give it an equal chance. And we all know it won't happen this way :(

The choice of songs given also seems strange to me.

If you’re going to put Viva up there why not Yellow? ASFOS why not AOAL? Sparks is the odd one out on that list.

The vote share for Sparks is going up though.

• Like 3

I've said this in a couple other places too, but I feel like Violet Hill, ALIENS, and Politik would have been three much better songs to add to the poll as they seem to fit the theme of Everyday Life a lot better than any of the other songs listed. SJLT and ASFOS especially just seem thematically out of place to me.

• Like 6

Well, sorry to say, but that's democracy.

I voted for Sparks.

Put in my vote for Sparks. Gosh I'd be so excited if it won.

Lol honestly why is included? It almost feels like Coldplay put that there as joke given 90% of new fans probably couldn't hum sparks if they were asked. But then also maybe it's lowkey Coldplay seeking affirmation and hoping people still like Parachutes. Either way, really gave me a chuckle to see this poll. It's like, "What would you like performed live? Our catchy indie bop, Magic? Our biggest hit ever, Viva La Vida? Our modern EDM-inspired bangers? Or how about our all-time quietest, most introspective song?'

• Like 8

Sparks is my favorite song from Parachutes and in my top 10 Coldplay songs. I'm glad they chose it but I'm also not surprised. Guy and Will did an interview a few years back (2017?) where they were asked their favorite album and their favorite song. One chose VlVoDaAHF and a song from ARoBttH and the other chose the reverse, ARoBttH and a song from VlVoDaAHF. I think most of the band (except maybe Chris) know their old music was incredible. I'm guessing it's part of why Arabesque is still around (being from Viva).

• Like 3