✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everyday Life Leak Discussion [SPOILERS INSIDE]

stephen

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some songs are amazing beyond anything....

some raw but also brilliant.

Can't be critical about it. There'so much variety, I can't even believe.

My three best songs have to be Champion of the World, Daddy and Orphans.

Are they any interludes? What about the voice memos? Or are they all songs?

Not surprise Sunrise is an instrumental. Better than LiT? (cause that's my all time favourite instrumental and I don't think anything can come close in beating that).

Gah! The not knowing is killing meeee!

Not surprise Sunrise is an instrumental. Better than LiT? (cause that's my all time favourite instrumental and I don't think anything can come close in beating that).

There’s an interlude between the two half’s of the album.

The other ones can’t really be described as interludes.. they’re like short songs or demos. The Voice samples are mostly in or at the end of the songs but they’re put to music and not on their own.

Sunrise is classical like something from Viva, it can’t really be compared to LiT.

• Like 1

There are no interludes like we saw in MX or AHFOD other than WOTW/POTP - and even then, I would barely call it an interlude, it's a one minute recording of Chris playing a "demo" on an acoustic guitar.

Every other song is complete and fully fledged, they just happen to be short. About two minutes and a half for most of them.

The only completely instrumental song is Sunrise and it is completely beautiful. Much more than LiT. Also very different in style though so hard to compare. The other instrumental is Bani Adam which is only instrumental for half of it, after which it turns into a spoken word Arabic and English poem sort of song, kind of like Kaleidoscope, where it's half piano half poem, but much better realized and completed.

EDIT: As mentioned by another user, it's true, there is an interlude, it's between Sunrise and Sunset after "When I Need a Friend", it's church bells to change from one half of the alum to the next.

• Like 2

I already heard it three times and I already convinced myself that it is the best album of the coldplay decade, without pop collaborations, without electronic dance sounds, the melodies are so unique, even the short songs that in other albums passed without glory here are magnificent, undoubtedly the best albums of this band. I can feel happy with a record after 10 years

• Like 2