✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everyday Life Leak Discussion [SPOILERS INSIDE]

stephen

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the Oldplayers, did this album satisfy you??

Absolutely! There's new stuff unlike anything they've ever done like the gospel inspired Broken and jazzy Arabesque and classic rockers

A referee

Won't stop the fight

Everyone can see I am hurt

:heart_eyes:

So I am flying on my bicycle

Heading out from the Earth

I'm jumping with my parachute

Out into the universe :heart:

My favorite

• Like 3

Here's a good one

What's your favorite lyric off the album?

Joseph rode in on a beam of light

Dreamt of his queen by his side

There'll be a beautiful sunset

And you'll be a beautiful bride

That song is just perfect :heart_eyes:

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Finished my first my first listen more than an hour ago. I'm certainly impressed by how brave they've been with this album, it's certainly experimental and I'm glad they seem to not care that people might not take well to the sound or politics. Having said that, I'm not getting the OK Computer/Kid A feel that some people have mentioned even if a couple of tracks have a slight Radioheadishness about them.

Overall I really like it. There's some gorgeous moments on there but I'm worried they hindered themselves with the double album concept because it slightly feels as if they had to quickly throw more (shorter) songs in to boost the amount of tracks. Some of the shorter songs are amongst my favourites in terms of sound but nearly all of them feel too short sadly and I think this is what's bogging the album down for me. The album almost feels like it's drowned by the shorter tracks, making it seem less cohesive as they dip in and out styles/genres without giving you much time to appreciate that sound and it thins out the feel of the rest of the album. I just feel the album would benefit from some of the shorter songs being longer and then the rest of the short ones being reduced to interludes or perhaps even removed entirely (maybe WOTW nd the chimes interlude) . Otherwise, I think there's a distinct sound running through that really pulls the album together, making it cohesive, it's just that some of the songs feel distracting. I was certainly impressed, just not sure how I view it as a whole.

That being said, I'm about to start my second listen and I hope to be swept away with the feel of the album a little more this time.

• Like 1

I'll write a complete review after its official release but this is the Coldplay who reminds you to be a good person. This is the Coldplay who allows you to be an adult with a child's soul. This is the Coldplay we all love because they don't divide, they don't condemn. This is the same Chris Martin who told us 20 years ago that we live in a beautiful world, yeah we do, yeah we do. Thank you.

• Like 14
  • Wow 1

There’s no songs like ASFOS or Princess of China so I’ll think you’ll be disappointed :joy:

Hey don’t judge me my favourite song is actually GPASUYF and then Talk in second place!

I’m an all rounder so my approach is the get-what-you’re-given-and-don’t-complain when it comes to Coldplay releases

• Like 6