✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay featuring blank

Niall Horan (I'd say Thom Yorke but I dont think he would ever) Big fan of Heartbreak Weather, my album of the year last year. Would love to hear some of his Fleetwood-Mac-loving influence on a Coldplay song. Maybe a second bassline along with Guy since he does those amazingly well. His lead guitar playing is already so much like Jonny's I don't know how much he could add there. Fireproof might as well be a Coldplay song with that shiny riff. 

Edited by HowCouldIForget

I want to see Coldplay work with Tom DeLonge if Music of the Spheres is indeed going to be filled with references to aliens and space travel. Tom loves that kind of stuff. He's a UFO enthusiast and his current band Angels & Airwaves has created music that's basically X&Y and MX but with lots of pop punk influence. Imagine a Coldplay song that sounds like Valkyrie Missile ?

Edited by 42Escapist
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, 42Escapist said:

I want to see Coldplay work with Tom DeLonge if Music of the Spheres is indeed going to be filled with references to aliens and space travel. Tom loves that kind of stuff. He's a UFO enthusiast and his current band Angels & Airwaves has created music that's basically X&Y and MX but with lots of pop punk influence. Imagine a Coldplay song that sounds like Valkyrie Missile ?

this is a great album! I'd love a song like this as well, with U2/30 Seconds to Mars guitar effects!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Westminster said:

With the possible space-concept the record has written a Noel Gallagher-collab all over it. He was really experimenting a lot in that sound direction lately.

Love Noel's new stuff, especially Blue Moon Rising. His guitar part on Up&Up was excellent. 

• Like 3

One can argue if songs like This is the Place or Black Star Dancing are stuff you are expecting from Noel. But i really like the fact he tried to do something totally else. Blue Moon Rising is amazing and something which could fit in LP9 perfectly. You cant get any better in terms of melody,lyrics and recording than Noel.

Liam would have been great on Everyday Life (like Guns or even Old Friends).

It's Off Topic but it was wise to split Oasis. I loved them to death but it was simply over. What both are doing nowadays as a solo artist is so good. Each with their own strength and talent for what they do.

Edited by Westminster
  • Like 4

M83 comes to mind and I think they would match very well, and after hearing Higher Power, his music would fit especially well on the new album. Bands such The Flaming Lips, White Lies and Mystery Jets. What a pity The Maccabees brokeup, if not I would also add them too.

Edited by The Philosopher
  • Like 1

Noel Gallagher (who's my second favourite artist, and IMO (one of) the best songwriters ever)

As said before, Noel has been experimenting with different musical styles last years and I think that he could be the perfect collaborator on Coldplay's next album if they go for an album that has a space-feeling to it!

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 1

When the song,'Somewhere Only We Know' was just released by Keane: I thought their sound was really good mix with Coldplay.

My wikipedia knowledge is foggy but I recall reading both bands had humble beginnings... some band members knew eachother from college.

A song collab now would be a dream come true however if I'm being real with myself it'll probably never occur.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, Westminster said:

Keane is great. But they really struggled with their last records in my opinion. 

I think The Kooks would've been the better choice in terms of bands development.

Love Keane they are one of my favorite bands