✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Music of the Spheres Vol.2 Rumor Thread

Magic123

I think it'll come out next year.

I wonder if it'll be the same style. I know each sphere/planet is represented by a song so does that mean this will continue - i.e song 1 on Vol.1 is linked to song 1 on vol.2, etc?

Am I going to have another K-pop shit on the next album then?

Edited by shred

I feel like it should be a different style. It would go along with each planet/song being a different style. I hope it comes out before the next tour but I doubt it actually will knowing their process. In the end though I would rather wait longer for better music + 2 separate albums might mean 2 more tours after this one. 

1 hour ago, TheBigBadBono said:

I really do think it's going to stop at 12 albums - Chris has always claimed they'd stop making albums since 2001 but this time there's a definite scale and a definite number. That said, it isn't their last project, only their last studio album.

Yes, the fact that he has given a definite number is indeed what makes me suspicious. I think that MOTS "trilogy" will be their last huge studio album.

Of course, they may work at other  different musical projects, and it will be equally interesting for fans. 

But apart from this, what I think is that Vol 2 will save the original concept of Vol 1, so many styles of music, but that the presentation will be different (maybe they will change the pattern plantet-language-alphabet)

I've just looked at the final part of the Coloratura video to find some clues, as generally they tend to link things. My guess is that they will be move the fans to another galaxy (this will allow them to have more freedom and not necessarily to replicate this album scheme).

Edited by only.your.imagination

If Coloratura was the only song done without Max Martin then I wouldn't be sad if he wasn't involved with the next album(s). Clearly a great producer and if the guys wanted a full on pop album then he's probably one of the best people to work with, but I'd like to hear a bit more from Jonny, Will and Guy on the next album please.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

As mentioned before, I liked Vol.1 but can't help to feel underwhelmed. It seems they just wanted to have fun, explore new stuff and play it live, which ultimately resulted in something more carefree, I won't use "lazy" because they clearly had a lot of effort into putting the era together for us. With that said, this and Vol.3 (which I'm not sure it exists) will likely be marketed as side albums, which gives me hope for them to concentrate fully in the art, they tried to balance things on Vol.1 but it didn't worked well. And please no more emojis, I have nothing against it but the only thing they got from this idea was more hate, we don't need more hate. 

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I think it will be same style than MOTS vol. 1 (an extension of the album similar to VLVODAAHF and PM EP), unless they decide to release kind of the other side of the moon (it would be great going in a different direction). Now about the release date, probably we'd see it as a tour interlude, don't think they will drop volume 2 before going on tour because there won't be enough time to promote volume 1, but let's see...

Edited by eddmen
  • Like 1

After AHFOD Chris said that they wont release more "conventional albums" and I think he has kept the promise, so I think the next albums will be similar in this point.

About the Vol. II, I hope will have a opposite direction and sound from Vol I, because this have been, sadly, awful...

• Like 3

On 10/15/2021 at 3:45 PM, SPC7 said:

If Coloratura was the only song done without Max Martin then I wouldn't be sad if he wasn't involved with the next album(s). Clearly a great producer and if the guys wanted a full on pop album then he's probably one of the best people to work with, but I'd like to hear a bit more from Jonny, Will and Guy on the next album please.

Agreed! I think there's got to be a way for them to do both

I'm quite sure Vol. 2 will use the same formula of Vol. 1, mixing genres + some collab. I have the feeling they wrote enough songs for one album, but they will spread them on 2 or 3 volumes. So the songs will come from the same bunch. i'm also afraid Vol. 2 will be even shorter, with more emoji songs... I keep ready for the worst, so no surprises next time!

• Thanks 2

On 10/15/2021 at 11:05 AM, only.your.imagination said:

If they really are going to stop after 12 albums, I wish that Vol 2 came out not too soon. I have this sensation that Chris is not lying this time. Plus the FFTF2024 thing is driving me crazy, I can't help but connect irrationally they stopping to make music and that acronym. Obviously I hope to be completely wrong 

When someone asked about FFTF2024 Phil replied that it will all be explained so I definitely think it means something else than we thought. But if it's about their final album I think 2024 is a bit too soon if MOTS is a three album thing? Maybe if it's only a two album thing and FFTF is vol 2. My guess is that it's a different thing. Perhaps demos, reworked songs etc as a gift to the fans?

54 minutes ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

When someone asked about FFTF2024 Phil replied that it will all be explained so I definitely think it means something else than we thought. But if it's about their final album I think 2024 is a bit too soon if MOTS is a three album thing? Maybe if it's only a two album thing and FFTF is vol 2. My guess is that it's a different thing. Perhaps demos, reworked songs etc as a gift to the fans?

I may be wrong but to me FFTF is not vol.2, it might be vol.3 in 2024, but my opinion is that it's something completely different from the MOTS project and that may come after the end of MOTS.

The only thing which is not in line with my theory is this: I've noticed that vol 1 is "From Earth with Love", so 4 letters... and FFTF is also four letters, so maybe it's an hint to another volume? I'm a bit confused at the moment, only time will tell 

• Like 4

I really enjoyed the experimentation on Music of the Spheres; all of the songs feel very different from each other. I hope they keep experimenting because they can create some really good songs when they do. We saw with Human Heart and Let Somebody Go more 'calm' music, so I'd love to see something along the lines of The State We're In by Beth Orton and The Chemical Brothers, Jesus Alone by Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds, or Cloud Song by Caribou. On the other hand, People Of The Pride and to a lesser extent Humankind went down the road of 'proper' rock, so I'd love to see them do something like The Twilight Sad - heavy, emotional rock. Some of their songs, like And She Would Darken The Memory, Cold Days From The Birdhouse and my personal favourite, the nine-minute epic, Untitled #4. The Twilight Sad also occasionally do some pop-orientated songs, like the brilliant Tell Me When We're Having Fun, which sounds a bit like Radiohead meets Mylo Xyloto.

And if they're going to do something like that, they could also try what CHVRCHES do, like with their recent song California. Another song of their, The Mother We Share, is interesting as it uses vocal samples as the instrumental - we saw a bit of that on MOTS but I'd like them to try and go further with that. Returning to The Chemical Brothers, they do some loud, very fast-paced music that I enjoy a lot. Swoon and The Private Psychedelic Reel and good examples of this, but I'd like to give an honourable mention to the BT remix of Break On Through by The Doors, and the amazing Superdiscount remix of An Honest Mistake by The Bravery (Burnout has always had a great soundtrack).

MOTS was also the first album to have a long song, which would grow over time to become something pretty much unstoppable by the end. The last few minutes of Coloratura are Coldplay at their best, and I'd love if they had a 'Coloratura 2' on their next album, whatever it may be called. Perhaps Stairway to Heaven (obviously), Time by La Düsseldorf, and even Auto Rock by Mogwai could be inspirations for that?

Obviously I want to see The Race, Life Is Beautiful and other unreleased songs on the next album (and I'll have to put a suggestion for A Ghost obviously), but we'll just have to be hopeful. Coldplay definitely have plans with The Race, but whether that will be fruitless remains to be seen.

• Like 4

On 10/15/2021 at 12:43 AM, johnnymax8652 said:

for those who have the physical CD already, do you see some information inside on vol. 2 ? ? 

Good idea, I'll study my cd right now.

Know the pink slip case that held the CD directly was covered in alien language (slightly beveled onto it).

Maybe that's a clue. 

On 10/16/2021 at 2:54 PM, gustavothehuman said:

And please no more emojis, I have nothing against it but the only thing they got from this idea was more hate, we don't need more hate. 

Glad you had nothing against it, I didn't realize it created hate to begin with. Since Ghost Stories, I started recording my thoughts about Coldplay's albums in my personal journal and for this CD.. I had more fun recreating the emojis from various magazines scraps etc.

20211021_071252.jpg

20211021_071823.jpg

If they tour MOTS vol 1 for two years like they did with AHFOD, then I think we'll see FFTF in 2024, which will serve as MOTS Vol 2. New planets/songs to add to the universe! 

Maybe we even get an EP somewhere along the way which could be another volume? 

• Like 1

For some reason... I have fallen under this spell or notion that this will be Coldplay's last major tour.

So if my gut is correct, might as well surprise the audience on occasion with a few new tracks during this tour, even if the second volume only ends up being an EP with 4 full songs or something.

My hope is it'll come out next year.

I also hope they continue the space theme for volume 2, it would be fun to make studdle reference to the "Talk" music video, nod to the robot on the moon.

Another idea I think would be cool is to reference the fictional 'Major Tom' astronaut, many musicians/artists have included him in their song-library and it would be incredible if Coldplay found a way to make that work somehow.

• Like 2