✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Music of the Spheres Vol.2 Rumor Thread

Magic123

@CP-EST thank you for answering! 😊

You're right, there's also a car as a common theme, I didn't notice it! 

4 hours ago, CP-EST said:

What exactly was your guess?

my guess was simply about some kind of possible relation between the two acronyms, just because we know that the guys (Chris particularly) are fans of the films. So I thought that the acronyms could be somehow related and that maybe there is also a connection between this and the musical album. 

4 hours ago, CP-EST said:

If I really have to guess, then I would say it's "Finished for the Fans", coming out it 2024 and consisting of unreleased/reworked music, like you actually guessed in your post in October

In all sincerity, I agree with you and I also think this is more possible as an option (plus I would love an album of unreleased songs). Howver in October we didn't know about the musical project, so there wasn't any chance to speculate on the connection film-acronyms-musical album at that time. 

As I was saying, mine is a random guess based on the pattern of the acronyms. Anyway, I can't wait to come back in this thread in two years time to read if any theory was near to what will happen😁

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, only.your.imagination said:

my guess was simply about some kind of possible relation between the two acronyms, just because we know that the guys (Chris particularly) are fans of the films. So I thought that the acronyms could be somehow related and that maybe there is also a connection between this and the musical album. 

FFTF being a musical is also a possibility. Basedon information we have, it still could be anything. So all the theories are alive still.

At least musical is confirmed. Just not the name and release date of it. Compilation of unreleased/reworked songs is still a speculation, but I would say there a few strong facts supporting it already. Phil said Us Against the World is already recorded again as fans call it "Silver Bird version" and just waiting to be released. So I don't know what else it would be part of... Let's see🙃

Edited by CP-EST
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 7:11 AM, dxm3557 said:

shoegaze

Already did with Chinese Sleep Chant and it's among their absolute best songs

I'm not expecting anything left from them anymore, my only hope is they will learn the lesson from all the angst and shitty reviews they got with MOTS.
Let's hope they will start acting their age and live their present time without being so childish and generic. Please guys, do not repeat yourselves and push yourselves to the limit of your creativity until the end, you did it well recently with Everyday Life and Coloratura

Edited by beastwars
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Angry 2

10 hours ago, beastwars said:

I'm not expecting anything left from them anymore, my only hope is they will learn the lesson from all the angst and shitty reviews they got with MOTS.
Let's hope they will start acting their age and live their present time without being so childish and generic. Please guys, do not repeat yourselves and push yourselves to the limit of your creativity until the end, you did it well recently with Everyday Life and Coloratura

It's their lives and art first and foremost, they don't have any obligation to fit what you idealized for them, funny asking for maturity while not showing any.

You can dislike something they are doing at the moment but they're clearly enjoying it, hence why we have a song like My Universe sharing space with Coloratura (which is messy, I think we can all agree on that, but there's no point in acting this way, I doubt you would say this stuff to the band on their faces).

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I have been in this fan base for a while now and can I be honest? There's no bigger threat to Coldplay's legacy then Coldplayers. (Constructive) criticism is valid and needed, but some of you are just so quick to write them off entirety. This is literally the only fandom where I have seen fans being meaner than haters, speaks volumes.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, gustavothehuman said:

I have been in this fan base for a while now and can I be honest? There's no bigger threat to Coldplay's legacy then Coldplayers. (Constructive) criticism is valid and needed, but some of you are just so quick to write them off entirety. This is literally the only fandom where I have seen fans being meaner than haters, speaks volumes.

Potterheads, Marvel and DC fans, Snyder, Nolan or Kojima stans, Steven Wilson's old fanbase (The Future Bites is Pop garbage ouin ouin...), Pokemon, Nintendo etc etc...... With social networks, all communities are toxic these days, it doesn't stop with Coldplay sadly 😔

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Even some really positive communities can actually be quite toxic, e.g bts's army. 

I think Chris put it well recently, every time they release new music they lose some of their old fans and gain a bunch of new ones instead.

It's similar for their fans, if we don't like what the band does there are many other artists who make great music too, they're replaceable too. Personally, I haven't listened to anything from MOTS in months but am still listening to Joy Crookes' album, which was released on the same day, a lot.

I don't think the band are losing sleep over it and so we shouldn't be upset about it either. I guess people complaining about their new style is better for them than if those people were completely indifferent towards them and stopped buying/streaming their music altogether.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, gustavothehuman said:

You've never seen Gran Turismo's fzndom...

Indeed there's so much music in the world for everyone. If people just lash out some simplistic hate for artists, it just shows they might actually have some deeper issues in their life. It's not just about Coldplay, there's toxicity amongst all fandoms.

With MOTS probably the biggest problem seems to be that on surface most of the songwriting seems to be very easy and pop oriented. Most of the songs (except Coloratura of course) are quite tightly arranged and don't really have space to breathe that much. I think they actually did quite ok, but it's fair that their music probably doesn't come across in the best possible way with tight pop songs. Also I think, music like that is vulnerable for easy criticism. Even well known music critics go hard on this, because it's enjoyable to say how bad the biggest band in the world is. So this somehow creates illusion that album is really fking terrible.

Still this album delivered quite a few great additions for their live shows and let's not forget, playing stadium shows is what really seems to drive the band and some of the songs work best in big shows. So I'm happy they have some new songs which are excited to perform and I can't wait to see MOTS world tour. I think they have stepped up their show a lot despite album being criticised.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2022 at 5:20 PM, beastwars said:

One of the most arrogant, entitled posts I've seen on here. I think they'll be just fine without your expert opinion, thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Angry 1

17 hours ago, Doomotron said:

You've never seen Gran Turismo's fzndom...

...or the fandoms of franchises like Star Wars or Doctor Who or some video games. At least Coldplay fans only fight about the band's musical direction, not about whether it's ok to involve people of color or women 💀

Also from what I've seen other music fandoms frequently discuss whether an artist's older work is better or not too. For Coldplay, it may be more intense because they pulled a 180 after the first three to four albums and those were considered already considered masterpieces.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 2:44 PM, I ran away said:

...or the fandoms of franchises like Star Wars or Doctor Who or some video games. At least Coldplay fans only fight about the band's musical direction, not about whether it's ok to involve people of color or women 💀

Also from what I've seen other music fandoms frequently discuss whether an artist's older work is better or not too. For Coldplay, it may be more intense because they pulled a 180 after the first three to four albums and those were considered already considered masterpieces.

Ironically, Gran Turismo's fandom does fight over musical direction as well.

The reason I mentioned GT wasn't because of racism or sexism, but because they seem to be the only fandom that genuinely dislikes the games and the developers yet buys them anyway every single time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...