✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a·light (2)

adj.

1. Burning; lighted: The discarded match was still alight.

2. Illuminated: The sky was alight with millions of stars.

The grammar wasn't that retarded apparently.

Great job at googling an alternative meaning for the word, now wiki some information on grammar and the usage of verbs and adjectives in the English language.

i think that it is probably supposed to be "maybe the street's alight," but the apostrophe wasn't put into the gif. :shrug:

So, it's supposed to be "maybe the streets is alight"?! As in how a British gangster rapper would say it?

It just gets worse.

^ :laugh4:

a·light (2)

adj.

1. Burning; lighted: The discarded match was still alight.

2. Illuminated: The sky was alight with millions of stars.

The grammar wasn't that retarded apparently.

...if alight means "burning"

then, "maybe the street is burning" sounds like english to me...

So sentences lacking a verb make total sense to you?

Lyrics do.

I can totally see this as being the answer to a question..

In a very literal example:

What is the glare we can see?

Maybe the streets alight [is the glare we can see]

...but then again, you're just trolling.

Great job at googling an alternative meaning for the word, now wiki some information on grammar and the usage of verbs and adjectives in the English language.

So, it's supposed to be "maybe the streets is alight"?! As in how a British gangster rapper would say it?

It just gets worse.

???

Well...

I'm guessing that as Chris hinted that the album title would be two words starting with 'm', that the album is possibly called 'Multicolour Man' seeing as that is the video and the album is inspired by the 'white rose movement (anti-nazi)' and old style American graffiti thus pointing out anti-racism/multicolour man?

And the other messages are lyrics to the song on the album called 'Multicolour Man' (as the album title is usually the title of a song on that album)...just my thinking haha :laugh3:

Maybe the streets alight?

a·light

verb /əˈlīt/ 

(of a bird) Descend from the air and settle

- a lovely blue swallow alighted on a branch

Descend from a train, bus, or other form of transportation

- the conductor alights to push the cable car completely around

So basically the streets stepped out of a taxi. :wtf:

:o i knew you were gonna love this new info hahahah

I'm guessing that as Chris hinted that the album title would be two words starting with 'm', that the album is possibly called 'Multicolour Man' seeing as that is the video and the album is inspired by the 'white rose movement (anti-nazi)' and old style American graffiti thus pointing out anti-racism/multicolour man?

And the other messages are lyrics to the song on the album called 'Multicolour Man' (as the album title is usually the title of a song on that album)...just my thinking haha :laugh3:

That was what I said sometime earlier !!!! And now someone has edited the wiki page for the 5th album saying it might be called that....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coldplay's_fifth_album

:shocked2:

That was what I said sometime earlier !!!! And now someone has edited the wiki page for the 5th album saying it might be called Multicolour Man

:shocked2:

I saw that too, but it keeps being taken down and put back up. Also, it lacks a source. THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME. :o

I saw that too, but it keeps being taken down and put back up. Also, it lacks a source. THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME. :o

Me tooo !!!! But now i think they will keep revealing bits of info until a big announcement on June 1 or around that..............

I don't know where to say it anymore, but on youtube it says that Coldplay uploaded a new video about half an hour ago :D Still private I guess, but we will see a new video today?

"I turn the music up

I got my records on

I shut the world outside until the lights come on

Maybe the streets alight

Maybe the trees are gone

I feel my heart start beating to my favourite song"

sounds like a verse to me... Just that a few lines are missing, making it sound a bit odd at the moment... but if you re-arrange a few lines...

"I turn the music up

I got my records on

I feel my heart start beating to my favourite song

Maybe the streets alight

Maybe the trees are gone"

Maybe the answer of how the LP or the song is titled or are in front of us, and always have been...

Lyrics of the song shown regard that music is the issue, could the M word be just "Music"?

Hmmmmm do you know the album title by any chance, Mr Locust? 'Music Man' maybe? 'Multicolor Music'???? :inquisitive:

The lyrics sound kind of childish and girly :uhoh:

They may seem bad now but really we haven't actually heard them yet. They probably won't sound that stupid in the song we're all so eager to hear more about.

:smoking:

Ah and I know this is a horrible thing to bring up... but the lyrics kinda remind me of this song...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRcnnId15BA]YouTube - ‪50 Cent - Candy Shop ft. Olivia‬‏[/ame]

Coldplay are going very radiohead here - cryptic messages, mysterious videos etc...

I am also starting to think that the speedman picture is going to be the album cover. They are using it as their profile picture so it must be important.

I'm sure that the lyrics will fit into the song well though. I do quite like

I turn the music up

I got my records on

I don't know what to think about all this, its all a bit weird and un-coldplayish. I kind of want the old coldplay back i.e. before VIVA, but I'm open to what they've got in store for us...