✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guise, its happening...I'm liking it more and more!

edit:

My conclusion

1- Chris stop crying and acting about your personal issues and it is all over this album which is not.

2- you should have an Oscar on the performance of that interview with Zane, all the pause and silence and acting weird it is all a part of the acting your a doing.

3- you gave 65% for X&Y. However, it is sooooo much better than MX and GS so far, and a lot of people love it.

4- Wish someone else handle the talking instead of Chris.

5- the only truth he said: he is a bieber and 1D fan which explains it all (dont tell me he is makeing fun of them, because he is not).

tumblr_l9qa249Vj41qe4shjo1_400.jpg

Mmmm this is my opinion about ASFOS. First, I was so excited when I heard midnight which was different but lyrically deep and then came out magic which was average like all MX album. Later, we heard ocean and a bit of O. In general, all the songs we heard so far had very simple "in a bad way" lyrics (except midnight). I have read true love and it is as simple as just talking to a friend or chatting on with someone over the phone.

Today, a sky full of stars came out and I wish it never came out. It is worse by light years than princess of china and waterfall. There is no creativity, nothing new at all, repetition repetition repetition. So stupid song maybe bieber or 3D direction could make it or make better than this.

Remember people as Chris said it should be personal album with a lot of support from his band mate and family. If he thinks this is the most difficult time in his life and crying about it in the interview, and this as personal as he can get, he has problems. How come it is personal? while it is very shallow ( I don't say please reveal everything it is not my business, what I mean it should be emotional and more mature lyrics). Stop acting you don't needed too, people going to buy it no worries. When I heard the 1 hours and 1 min interview I was so confidence it is going to be emotional album full of lyrics that is to deep or at least deep enough that it came from difficult times. 16 years old girl/boy with broken heart from any life reasons can 100% write better lyrics than your whole GS album so far.

My conclusion

1- Chris stop crying and acting about your personal issues and it is all over this album which is not.

2- you should have an Oscar on the performance of that interview with Zane, all the pause and silence and acting weird it is all a part of the acting your a doing.

3- you gave 65% for X&Y. However, it is sooooo much better than MX and GS so far, and a lot of people love it.

5- the only truth he said: he is a bieber and 1D fan which explains it all (dont tell me he is makeing fun of them, because he is not).

Sweet jesus, I can feel my jimmies a rustlin' :D

I was going to quote someones comments up there but they were well not worth quoting lol All I can say is wow lol on a side note freaking awesome music!

Oh and Im sorry when was music writing suppose to not be drawn from personal experience!

You know what makes coldplay amazing, they can have the weakest lyrics in the world (they don't though) and Chris can still sing it with such emotion that makes you feel with him.

"I don't care, go on and tear me apart

I don't care if you do

Cause in a sky, cause in a sky full of stars

I think I saw you"

These lyrics aren't good if you read them without the context of the song. But the way Chris sings them is just fantastic. He has so much emotion in his voice.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Mmmm this is my opinion about ASFOS. First, I was so excited when I heard midnight which was different but lyrically deep and then came out magic which was average like all MX album. Later, we heard ocean and a bit of O. In general, all the songs we heard so far had very simple "in a bad way" lyrics (except midnight). I have read true love and it is as simple as just talking to a friend or chatting on with someone over the phone.

Today, a sky full of stars came out and I wish it never came out. It is worse by light years than princess of china and waterfall. There is no creativity, nothing new at all, repetition repetition repetition. So stupid song maybe bieber or 3D direction could make it or make better than this.

Remember people as Chris said it should be personal album with a lot of support from his band mate and family. If he thinks this is the most difficult time in his life and crying about it in the interview, and this as personal as he can get, he has problems. How come it is personal? while it is very shallow ( I don't say please reveal everything it is not my business, what I mean it should be emotional and more mature lyrics). Stop acting you don't needed too, people going to buy it no worries. When I heard the 1 hours and 1 min interview I was so confidence it is going to be emotional album full of lyrics that is to deep or at least deep enough that it came from difficult times. 16 years old girl/boy with broken heart from any life reasons can 100% write better lyrics than your whole GS album so far.

My conclusion

Jesus H. Christ.

Every single person that complains will still buy a concert ticket and dance and sing their heart out to all the songs, including this one.

Yup! I will still be there! One song doesn't effect my view on the band! It is even kind of catchy! It will be great to dance too in the concert!

My conclusion

You have to be kidding me?? Are you serious?? How is Chris acting in his interview with Zane? People usually take pauses to form their thoughts. And he probably wanted to give an honest answer to those questions, like he does in almost all of his interviews!! And if you fail to recognize the beauty in simplicity, then i'm sorry for you. Good music is not all about heavy lyrics, there's this other thing call melody!! That's why Magic is so beautiful, because of its simplicity. And the lyrics are just right, they convey the message of the song very well. He doesn't have to say everything in detail for us to understand.

Wow i can't even handle your comment.

Here's a conversation I had with a friend when I showed him this song. He generally does not like very "poppy" music, i.e. avicii, rihanna, beyonce, one direction, t swift, etc etc. I got him hooked on Coldplay about 2 years ago, his favorite Coldplay album is AROBTTH followed by Parachutes. He does NOT like MX, except he says Charlie Brown does something really cool with changing time signatures and he likes UATW. He is a quite musically gifted person (plays guitar, bass, piano, and trumpet) and tends to prefer music that is complex and technical. His favorite band is Dream Theater.

Me: *link to asfos*

Me: don't think youll like this one so many

Him: well the first like

Him: second

Him: was fantastic

Him: and im really liking it

Him: 15 in

Him: still good

Him: 25 still good

Him: damn this album is gonna be really good

Me: it kinda becomes like

Him: im prolly gonna buy it

Me: avicii + rihanna's we found love

Him: minute in

Him: still good

Him: maybe i wont like the chorus?

Me: maybe idk

Me: maybe you'll like it

Him: still sounds very much like coldplay

Him: minute and a half in

Him: this is like

Him: almost better than magic

I even said things to try to get him to not like it, and he still liked it quite a bit.

The song is decent and a grower for me. I know that Chris seems to be heavily influenced by pop music so I guess I should not be totally surprised that they would eventually release a song like this one. For me, as long as this is the only track on the album that sounds like EDM music, then thats fine. It is a big contrast though from their previous stuff when you start to compare it with their back catalogue. I personally think Chris vocals don't sound very strong on this track, they almost sound a bit strained. Anyways, I sound like a walking contradiction, I guess I'm trying to convince myself to like it, which I'm sure I eventually will.

I always tell myself that the boys are trying to grow and expand their palette musically, so I respect that and try to walk in stride with them.

As an indivisual song, I enjoy it. It's not amazing, but I personally don't like EDM music too much. But i've been saying for a while that this will work well in the album as the climax. So it works imo, though I need to actual listen to the album truly feel it.